Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Just touched base with a source.

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

So, essentially nothing new, but that's the latest around 5:45 pm.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    This kid is bigtime gamer. He’s a difference maker and Lake will turn him into a 1st rounder.

He’s a pussy. A talented pussy but a pussy. Pussies don’t make good football players. I like good football players. HE had to take his official visit in the summer so he could make his decision. On his terms. He COMMITED SIX MONTHS AGO.

Now he decides he likes Notre Dame better. The team, the school, their coaches—except for Jimmy Lake. He’s had his test drive. He said he’d buy. He didn’t. He needed a few hours, then a night, then a couple of days. Now he might not pick until February.

He obviously doesn’t want to be here. I wanted him two days ago. Now I don’t. Fuck him.
    Sometims these are the shit sandwiches you gotta eat when a super talented kid is at the table. Sucks but that’s the deal.
    I don’t disagree but for how long? Turner has dictated his whole recruitment
    • A June visit so he could make his decision early
    • Commits
    • Second thoughts. Cool. It happens.
    • He recommitted, again, to the coaches two weeks ago
    • He allowed ND additional home visits. Ok
    • He allegedly decided he would sign at the 11th hour with ND. Sucks but it happens
    • He called Lake to give him the news. Cool
    • Lake talked him out of signing
    • Turner wanted a few hours to think
    • Then he wanted to sleep on it.
    • Then he needed a few days.
    • Now he wants to wait until February
    These situations never end well. If he signs with Washington, he’s gone the minute things don’t go his way.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    This kid is bigtime gamer. He’s a difference maker and Lake will turn him into a 1st rounder.

He’s a pussy. A talented pussy but a pussy. Pussies don’t make good football players. I like good football players. HE had to take his official visit in the summer so he could make his decision. On his terms. He COMMITED SIX MONTHS AGO.

Now he decides he likes Notre Dame better. The team, the school, their coaches—except for Jimmy Lake. He’s had his test drive. He said he’d buy. He didn’t. He needed a few hours, then a night, then a couple of days. Now he might not pick until February.

He obviously doesn’t want to be here. I wanted him two days ago. Now I don’t. Fuck him.
    Sometims these are the shit sandwiches you gotta eat when a super talented kid is at the table. Sucks but that’s the deal.
    • Commits
    • He allegedly decided he would sign at the 11th hour with ND. Sucks but it happens
    These situations never end well. If he signs with Washington, he’s gone the minute things don’t go his way.

The kids (ILTCTK) always dictate their recruitments. It’s defining characteristic of this peculiar chinstitution.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Jilted lover.
    Begging someone to stay who doesn’t want to be with you is pathetic.
    Or you could just close him like a boss and continue owning nd. That sounds like more fun. He is way better than the next safety in line. Taking a lesser talent is retarded at this point if given the choice.
    No, fuck the Doog line, “I’d want the inferior player who wants to be here” Jimmy Lake is a boss and the only reason Turner hasn’t signed with ND.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Jilted lover.
    Begging someone to stay who doesn’t want to be with you is pathetic.
    Or you could just close him like a boss and continue owning nd. That sounds like more fun. He is way better than the next safety in line. Taking a lesser talent is retarded at this point if given the choice.
    No, fuck the Doog line, “I’d want the inferior player who wants to be here” Jimmy Lake is a boss and the only reason Turner hasn’t signed with ND.

• Options

Byron Murphy had to be talked off the ledge and was waffling on signing day. Ppl forget that.

I didn’t. He signed. We took him from ASU. Jimmy saw. Jimmy closed. Byron signed. That’s not the case here.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

• Commits

The kids (ILTCTK) always dictate their recruitments. It’s defining characteristic of this peculiar chinstitution.
    His took his official visit in June so he could decide before school started. The players weren’t here. We invited him to a home game. He couldn’t afford to come. We invited him to the Cal game in Berkeley. He went to the ND game instead while commited to us.

He’s never met our players. He never saw our game day preparations or our program in season. He likes ND better. I wonder why
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

The fact that he had a ND LOI on his table and didn’t sign tells me in his heart he wants UW and someone(s) was telling him to go to ND. Doesn’t mean he is going to UW but I think he feels dirty pulling the ND trigger but feels pressure to pull it. Just hope he does the right thing.

Followed a current ND player... me thinks it’s over
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    I give it a 19% chance he goes to UW
  • Options
    SeaTurtleSeaTurtle Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    I think that UW should pull his offer.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SeaTurtle said:

I think that UW should pull his offer.

I think UW should pull his weiner.

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Twitter reads...UW Commit. He is until he isn’t.

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This thread sucks.

One of the worst of all tim.
  • Options
    KnuteRockneKnuteRockne Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

• Commits

His took his official visit in June so he could decide before school started. The players weren’t here. We invited him to a home game. He couldn’t afford to come. We invited him to the Cal game in Berkeley. He went to the ND game instead while commited to us.

He’s never met our players. He never saw our game day preparations or our program in season. He likes ND better. I wonder why
    Can't blame the kid for wanting to be there after experiencing Notre Dame Stadium for himself.

You can watch this video to appreciate the greatness of the house that I built.
    https://youtu.be/Q6aleeECA84
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

DawgFader said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

• Commits

Can't blame the kid for wanting to be there after experiencing Notre Dame Stadium for himself.

You can watch this video to appreciate the greatness of the house that I built.
    https://youtu.be/Q6aleeECA84
    Flagged, self-promotion.