Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

hes going to UW

Source?
    Intuition
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

hes going to UW

hes going to UW

Source?

Wasn’t that bitch psychotically bat shit crazy...?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019

"I have a hard time seeing Asa coming here...

Hope he does but I guess it’s 75/25 to ND. I don’t think it’s a significant loss considering IMO u don’t have to get studs at every position each recruiting cycle. U can afford to miss on one year but can’t miss on consecutive cycles. Last year we got Irvin and others so it’s not like we HAVE to get a stud this cycle.
    Last year we got two or 3 future studs at WR so we don’t HAVE to have a stud this year.

Missing out a few years ago on consecutive cycles of DL recruits will be difficult to overcome this season. It may force us to play young studs early which could lead to injuries.
    What is seriously impressive is our continued success at bringing in QB studs each class. Our future is very bright at Udub.
    When 7 or 8 Dawgs hear their name called this NFL draft the younger recruits will take notice and will continue the momentum."

I hate everything

The use of the word stud makes me think this is from the fags over at doogpound.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I do subscribe a big to the belief that if you miss in a position for a single class it isn’t the end of the world ... but missing back to back is potentially disasterous

That being said, using that logic as a means to explaining having a kid flip is BS

Additionally, the reason we are recruiting DBs at the end is because our numbers are too low
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    He is all dawg
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Delete this thread.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I really think we shouldn't throw in the towel. Outside of his relationship with Marist Liufau, most recent signs have pointed in our direction.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really think we shouldn't throw in the towel. Outside of his relationship with Marist Liufau, most recent signs have pointed in our direction.

My best bet is that no one knows shit. Seems safe to cover.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

He’s a huge loss

Seriously. Not even saying that he’d play as a freshman, but where the depth at safety currently is, this is tough. Injuries and weird shit happen to college kids. The team who overcomes the most due to depth are the best teams with Clemson losing Dexter Lawrence for the playoff and Ohio State winning a Rose Bowl without the presumed number 1 overall pick.

Julius Irvin is really special because he can cover like an abovee average corner & if we played him & developed him at corner he’d be at the caliber Sidney Jones was. The amazing thing about him at safety will be his ability to move around in coverage & do different things playing “robber” techniques much more like Budda rather than Rapp. Rapp did a lot of that stuff this year but not in so much press and in the slot. I like Mckinney despite his tough Rose Bowl performance but I’d compare Mckinney to Jojo where he needs help out there and good guys around him to take pressure off him, while lacking the ceiling and big play making ability the two guys we recruited in front of him did. (Isaiah Pola-Mao, Chaz Ah You). Yes, Even Jimmy can recruit better.

Where Rapp is special is blitzing off the edge or delayed up the middle, supporting the run by saving BBK’s ass and never allowing a 40 yard run in his career, but his coverage was more of a seem “robber” technique, hide behind and get to TE’s, and share the deep half with Jojo. But Rapp actually played more of what people would call a Strong Safety with Jojo playing way more snaps at free despite his being known for being slower.

That’s where Asa hurts and with Jimmy Lake recruiting an in-fucking-real amount of versatile DB’s who can do it all, Asa is a loss much similar to Kaho in that because the rest of the defensive class is so fucking good it won’t hurt the overall direction but because of the fit and need, it hurts the overall ceiling when injuries or other shit happen in big time games. You get Pola Mao, Mckinney doesn’t go in, who knows if Cam Williams gets hurt in the eventual natty if Asa Turner would be better than Jayden Williams.

Agree with what you’re saying, but you’re wrong about Rapp never allowing a 40 yard run in his career.

My boy Santiago