Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LeBron

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MJ didn't have the stamina Lebron has. That's a fact doog
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

MJ didn't have the stamina Lebron has. That's a fact doog

Gambling suspensions are bad.

I agree.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget MJ lost to skinny Shaq and Penny in the playoffs in his prime.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    edited May 2017

LeBron is better than MJ, and isn't as close as people make it seem. He does everything that can be done on a court. He plays with scrubs and takes them to championships year after year. He's the best all around player ever. He would beat MJ 7 out of 10 in one on one. He plays in the most athletic/diverse iteration of the NBA ever seen to date, and absolutely dominates.

It's just too bad that so many people dislike dominance today. We are luckier than we will ever know for being able to watch him throughout his career.

I'm a life long Blazers fan.

Can't wait till he gets ahold of GS again. Hope Kyrie or k love show their face for a game or two.

Lebron couldn't handle Jordan rules or the bad boys, let alone no call celtics. Gtfo millennial
    LeBron wouldn't get bullied by the likes of Lambier, Salley or Rodman.

He'd push their old shit in.
    Nega, please. Anthony Mason, Ricky Mahorn, Oakley, Buck Williams...all would knock the shit out of Lebron.

He would adapt - but he wouldn't run unencumbered like today.
    The rules change cuts both ways. LeBron can hit back.

Or are you trying to make the classic doog altitude case?
    So take your pick - Jordan over Lebron under the old rules? Jordan over Lebron under the new rules?

We know exactly what Jordan accomplished in the thug-em-up era. I can only extrapolate that his production would be even higher in the don't-touch-me/AAU generation.

Not entirely certain that Lebron would be able to maintain his numbers if he's already topping out without encumbrance.

It's actually pretty simple logic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lebron gets hit more than any player today. It's the Shaq syndrome. He's bigger and stronger so you can whack him.

It's why he flops. If he just took the blows he wouldn't get the call.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LeBron is better than MJ, and isn't as close as people make it seem. He does everything that can be done on a court. He plays with scrubs and takes them to championships year after year. He's the best all around player ever. He would beat MJ 7 out of 10 in one on one. He plays in the most athletic/diverse iteration of the NBA ever seen to date, and absolutely dominates.

It's just too bad that so many people dislike dominance today. We are luckier than we will ever know for being able to watch him throughout his career.

Can't wait till he gets ahold of GS again. Hope Kyrie or k love show their face for a game or two.

Lebron couldn't handle Jordan rules or the bad boys, let alone no call celtics. Gtfo millennial

Nega, please. Anthony Mason, Ricky Mahorn, Oakley, Buck Williams...all would knock the shit out of Lebron.

So take your pick - Jordan over Lebron under the old rules? Jordan over Lebron under the new rules?

We know exactly what Jordan accomplished in the thug-em-up era. I can only extrapolate that his production would be even higher in the don't-touch-me/AAU generation.

Not entirely certain that Lebron would be able to maintain his numbers if he's already topping out without encumbrance.

Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

He had been with the team for two months since the gambling suspension.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

That wouldn't matter to the GOAT
  • Options

Doogles said:

That wouldn't matter to the GOAT
    I agree. Bill Russell would have led the Bills to the title that year.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

So he should have been well rested. He had pretty much the same squad as his first run and knew Phils system.

He wasn't good enough to will his team to the finals unlike Lebron. He needed help so they added Rodman the next year and the rest is history.

He doesn't get a pass from me. He had plenty of time and couldn't do it. His numbers prove he wasn't playing badly, he just didn't have quite as stacked as a team as usual.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

So he should have been well rested. He had pretty much the same squad as his first run and knew Phils system.

He wasn't good enough to will his team to the finals unlike Lebron. He needed help so they added Rodman the next year and the rest is history.

He doesn't get a pass from me. He had plenty of time and couldn't do it. His numbers prove he wasn't playing badly, he just didn't have quite as stacked as a team as usual.

He was playing much worse that season than any of the 6 others he won a championship.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

You dispute the law of gravity, too, I suppose.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Fuck the police
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

It stands to reason that the 6'8 250+ lbs Lebron, the greatest pure athlete/body specimen ($75k) in NBA history, would benefit from an increase in league-sanctioned physicality. And before you bring up his supposed softness, don't. He's a product of the pussy AAU culture, flip him and Jordan's birth dates and you'd likely see a reverse.

Also your post seemed to lack your usual trademark of longing for disgusting, fat, upper middle-aged saggy tits.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lebron gets hit more than any player today. It's the Shaq syndrome. He's bigger and stronger so you can whack him.

It's why he flops. If he just took the blows he wouldn't get the call.

Sounds like one of those soccer fags
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If Irving and Love are good enough to carry the Cavs to at least the 8 seed by themselves, BronBron can pull an MJ and rest for the next two seasons, show up on April 1 of 2018 and 2019, play 3 months at a time, and win titles 5 and 6.

Looking at the greatest teams of all time, it is amazing how stacked they were. If you had a tournament with the Magic-less Lakers and the Jordan-less Bulls and the Bird-less Celtics and the Russell-less Celtics and the Chamberlain-less 76ers and the BronBron-less Heat/Cavs, the Heat and Cavs finish as the bottom 2 every. single. time.
  • Options

If Irving and Love are good enough to carry the Cavs to at least the 8 seed by themselves, BronBron can pull an MJ and rest for the next two seasons, show up on April 1 of 2018 and 2019, play 3 months at a time, and win titles 5 and 6.

Looking at the greatest teams of all time, it is amazing how stacked they were. If you had a tournament with the Magic-less Lakers and the Jordan-less Bulls and the Bird-less Celtics and the Russell-less Celtics and the Chamberlain-less 76ers and the BronBron-less Heat/Cavs, the Heat and Cavs finish as the bottom 2 every. single. time.

The Heat and Cavs would finish into the bottom two with Lebron.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The Heat and Cavs would finish into the bottom two with Lebron.
    Disagree.

BronBron doesn't loose to the 94 Knicks or the 95 Magic. He'd crush the Pippen Bulls, and the McHale Celtics. He probably looses to the Kareem/Worthy Lakers. He'd beat the Greer/Cunningham Sixers. Loose to the multiple HOFer Celtics.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So "thug-em up" era rules you want the guy that barely cracks 200lbs in his prime over a guy taller and stronger as a HS senior?

You must be a Dolphins fan.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    Creditianls and who had the better career, won more titles, etc is a different argument. Who are you picking to start a franchise tomorrow? I'm picking LeBron. I'm at that point.

The current landscape has a lot to do with the argument. The eras make it tough. The ease that LeBron dominates, year in year out, has not been done.

He can score 30-40 easily. He can also get you a 25-10-10 with ease too. He can dominate at anything, unlike any player who has done it before.