Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's polls in the gutter

124»

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited April 2017

pawz said:

doogie said:

I would love to see her currently crafted image secure your vote.

Bernie was never going to and never will win the Presidency.

Bernie would have taken back the anti-establishment, libertarian middle that Trump rode to victory. The same group he abandon in the first 100 days.

Simple fact.
    He'd be polling great until he proposed how we were going to pay for all the "free" shit.

I'm sure middle America would love to see their taxes go up 10% so entitled/lazy millennials can have their free education, while they're paying back their school loans. Bring back the draft...
    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. People like to pretend that Americans are all selfish assholes that would never sacrifice for their country. I disagree.

Besides the media already tried that trick with Bernie. When explaining universal healthcare during a debate he said your taxes would go up but you'd save money because you wouldn't be paying for health insurance. Every headline read, BERNIE ADMITS HES GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES. He's still the most popular politician in America.
    I've always been in favor of a hybrid system. Universal basic healthcare, with privately sold tax deductible insurance plans.

My main point is that it's difficult to be ok with paying for free college of others while we are writing $700 monthly student loan payback checks. These students can take loans just like we did. It's a little pathetic to see how weak our young people have become.
    I think it's a little hypocritical to call millennials weak while crying about how difficult it is that making college free now wouldn't be fair. Life's not fair, buck up.

What's better for our country, young people having to start their adult lives with a huge amount of debt or not? If the answer is not, then college should be free so people don't have to start their lives in debt. We can afford it as a country. There's precedent for it because we already pay for K-12. Now yes, in the short term, the people that already have student loan debt are getting a raw deal. But you gotta ask yourself, do you love this country or do you only love what this country gives you? Because if it's all about you, the individual, and what this country can do for you then you don't love this country at all. When you genuinely love something you're willing to sacrifice for it. Ask what you can do for your country.
    We paid $50k this last year in taxes, so we already do our part. How about talk to the people that paid 5k or even nothing in taxes but received a 6k refund. I'm not a mathematician, but somehow that math doesn't add up. Maybe people not treating tax season like an additional welfare payday could help as well.

People do their part by working hard and gaining employment. That's what people can do for this country. Instead of telling us what we can do, you should tell the free loaders what they can do.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    1. Eliminate all federal financial aid.

2. subsidize Kahn Academy guidence counselors for students.

The smart and industrious will become educated no matter who their Dads are.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

pawz said:

doogie said:

Bernie would have taken back the anti-establishment, libertarian middle that Trump rode to victory. The same group he abandon in the first 100 days.

Simple fact.
    He'd be polling great until he proposed how we were going to pay for all the "free" shit.

I'm sure middle America would love to see their taxes go up 10% so entitled/lazy millennials can have their free education, while they're paying back their school loans. Bring back the draft...
    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. People like to pretend that Americans are all selfish assholes that would never sacrifice for their country. I disagree.

Besides the media already tried that trick with Bernie. When explaining universal healthcare during a debate he said your taxes would go up but you'd save money because you wouldn't be paying for health insurance. Every headline read, BERNIE ADMITS HES GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES. He's still the most popular politician in America.
    I've always been in favor of a hybrid system. Universal basic healthcare, with privately sold tax deductible insurance plans.

My main point is that it's difficult to be ok with paying for free college of others while we are writing $700 monthly student loan payback checks. These students can take loans just like we did. It's a little pathetic to see how weak our young people have become.
    I think it's a little hypocritical to call millennials weak while crying about how difficult it is that making college free now wouldn't be fair. Life's not fair, buck up.

What's better for our country, young people having to start their adult lives with a huge amount of debt or not? If the answer is not, then college should be free so people don't have to start their lives in debt. We can afford it as a country. There's precedent for it because we already pay for K-12. Now yes, in the short term, the people that already have student loan debt are getting a raw deal. But you gotta ask yourself, do you love this country or do you only love what this country gives you? Because if it's all about you, the individual, and what this country can do for you then you don't love this country at all. When you genuinely love something you're willing to sacrifice for it. Ask what you can do for your country.
    Anything can be done if you raise enough taxes. Free college isn't the answer as half of the kids would be going just to avoid getting a job.

Now free trade school, that's something that should be offered. It would nice to know that more young adults could at lease tie a double knot on their shoe laces.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

We paid $50k this last year in taxes, so we already do our part. How about talk to the people that paid 5k or even nothing in taxes but received a 6k refund. I'm not a mathematician, but somehow that math doesn't add up. Maybe people not treating tax season like an additional welfare payday could help as well.

People do their part by working hard and gaining employment. That's what people can do for this country. Instead of telling us what we can do, you should tell the free loaders what they can do.
    The Federal tax should be a flat tax with the only deduction being interest on home loans $250,000 or less and some for legit charities, not to some BS foundation.

I agree that its FS that someone who made the choice to bring 2 kids into the world and makes $17,000 per year pays little to no taxes during the year and then gets a $5,000 participation trophy after filing their taxes. That's money that we need to set aside for the anchor babies parents after all anyway.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

The Federal tax should be a flat tax with the only deduction being interest on home loans $250,000 or less and some for legit charities, not to some BS foundation.

I agree that its FS that someone who made the choice to bring 2 kids into the world and makes $17,000 per year pays little to no taxes during the year and then gets a $5,000 participation trophy after filing their taxes. That's money that we need to set aside for the anchor babies parents hookers and blow after all anyway.
    #mytaxplan