Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's polls in the gutter

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    doogie said:

Tulsi' biggest problem is that she is. GOP'er running as a Dem because that what winners do in Hawaii today.

She will struggle mightily with Dem party support, when it's crunch time

she's not a gop'er. she will be perceived as such but she's a cosponsor on single payer healthcare, liberal on social issues, and extremely progressive on the environment, and an anti-interventionist.

I agree a primary would be far tougher for her than a general

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    the dem loyalists hate people like her, but a Bernie endorsement could push her over the top because the liberal base likes her.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I would love to see her currently crafted image secure your vote.

Bernie was never going to and never will win the Presidency.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Bernie would have taken back the anti-establishment, libertarian middle that Trump rode to victory. The same group he abandon in the first 100 days.

Simple fact.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    pawz said:

doogie said:

Bloomberg would have taken the anti-establishment, libertarian middle that Trump rode to victory. The same group he abandon in the first 100 days.

Simple fact.
    Fixed. Bernie was never going to win that election.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pawz said:

doogie said:

Bernie would have taken back the anti-establishment, libertarian middle that Trump rode to victory. The same group he abandon in the first 100 days.

Simple fact.
    What? I don't know any libertarians that voted for Trump, or would have voted for Bern.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited April 2017
    pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.
    He'd be polling great until he proposed how we were going to pay for all the "free" shit.

I'm sure middle America would love to see their taxes go up 10% so entitled/lazy millennials can have their free education, while they're paying back their school loans. Bring back the draft...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club

dnc said:

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.
    What? I don't know any libertarians that voted for Trump, or would have voted for Bern.
    REAL libertarians hate both of them.

And again, how anti-establishment can one be after being in Congress since 1991?
    REAL libertarians love losing

Maybe run a REAL candidate someday
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

And again, how anti-establishment can one be after being in Congress since 1991?

That's the major problem with our? party. Great ideas, terrible candidates.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    Entitled!

Millennials!

Rabble rabble rabble!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    dhdawg said:

salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

a ton of the loss from the democratic party's popularity has been among their own base.
    yet the same assholes who got us in this mess refuse to GTFO and leave. now Chelsea is running for congress? fuck off.

a message must be sent in the 2018 primary to avoid a catastrophe. The corrupt, tired, weak, unlikeable party establishment must go.
    Bernie Sanders meanwhile is the most popular politician in America who wants to help them and they just want to spit in his eye because "he's not a real dem!" (aka not a hopeless loser like you guys).

Tulsi Gabbard would be a nightmare for trump to run against. strong, progressive, principled. my guess is she runs in 2020 and the democratic party smears her to ensure some corrupt asshole like Andrew Cuomo or Cory Booker is the nominee.

I'm sick of seeing Nancy Pelosi's ugly face used in ad's against the democratic party when no one in the base even likes Pelosi to begin with

Everybody loves the senile offensive line coach but nobody wants to actually see him running the show.
    I think you're just bitter that your non establishment candidate was extinguished and Bernie keeps on burning.

He's not popular because he's not Trump, being not Trump doesn't work as my original post showed. The dems were banking on being not Trump and now they're even loss popular. Bernie is popular because he ran on a bunch of policies that are hugely popular. It just took America a little while to figure it out because the @dnc and media were playing defense against him.
    It's not just the policies. It's because he actually comes across as honest and someone who cares about the people.
    Because he does
    No matter the co$t$.
    Your guy wants to cut taxes "massively" raise defense spending and pay for a useless wall all the while making no cuts to medicare and social security
    It's because he doesn't want your Children to have to learn some Mandarin dialect. And how is not cutting medicare and Social Security somehow not caring about people???? It's almost like @dhdawg cares more about fence jumpers and tunnel diggers moar than his own family.
    I like that he's not cutting those programs. It's just convinient that we only worry about deficits and costs when a democrat is in office
    When we double an already engorged deficit, that's when people pay attention to what the President is doing.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

dnc said:

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

That's the major problem with our? party. Great ideas, terrible candidates.
    Debatable.

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.
    He'd be polling great until he proposed how we were going to pay for all the "free" shit.

I'm sure middle America would love to see their taxes go up 10% so entitled/lazy millennials can have their free education, while they're paying back their school loans. Bring back the draft...
    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. People like to pretend that Americans are all selfish assholes that would never sacrifice for their country. I disagree.

Besides the media already tried that trick with Bernie. When explaining universal healthcare during a debate he said your taxes would go up but you'd save money because you wouldn't be paying for health insurance. Every headline read, BERNIE ADMITS HES GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES. He's still the most popular politician in America.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. People like to pretend that Americans are all selfish assholes that would never sacrifice for their country. I disagree.

Besides the media already tried that trick with Bernie. When explaining universal healthcare during a debate he said your taxes would go up but you'd save money because you wouldn't be paying for health insurance. Every headline read, BERNIE ADMITS HES GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES. He's still the most popular politician in America.
    I think we have discussed that it is the lazy entitled millennials that fought the two wars we are in. Volunteer army at that.

Millennials have a thirst for service in all areas not seen since the younger days of the boomers.

The generations in between are just fucking worthless. That's why we aren't going to die and let them take over. We'll wait.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,211 Standard Supporter

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

If true that America wants communism is scarier than 8 years of Hillary.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

I've always been in favor of a hybrid system. Universal basic healthcare, with privately sold tax deductible insurance plans.

My main point is that it's difficult to be ok with paying for free college of others while we are writing $700 monthly student loan payback checks. These students can take loans just like we did. It's a little pathetic to see how weak our young people have become.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

I've always been in favor of a hybrid system. Universal basic healthcare, with privately sold tax deductible insurance plans.

My main point is that it's difficult to be ok with paying for free college of others while we are writing $700 monthly student loan payback checks. These students can take loans just like we did. It's a little pathetic to see how weak our young people have become.
    Said every older generation.

pawz said:

doogie said:

Simple fact.

I think it's a little hypocritical to call millennials weak while crying about how difficult it is that making college free now wouldn't be fair. Life's not fair, buck up.

What's better for our country, young people having to start their adult lives with a huge amount of debt or not? If the answer is not, then college should be free so people don't have to start their lives in debt. We can afford it as a country. There's precedent for it because we already pay for K-12. Now yes, in the short term, the people that already have student loan debt are getting a raw deal. But you gotta ask yourself, do you love this country or do you only love what this country gives you? Because if it's all about you, the individual, and what this country can do for you then you don't love this country at all. When you genuinely love something you're willing to sacrifice for it. Ask what you can do for your country.