Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Also, we shouldn’t have to settle for ‘surviving’ without a great back.

Bama backs mostly suck in the NFL save for Mark Ingram's late blooming and like two good games from Derrick Henry.

Bama's running game is always special, but it's not because of the running backs.
    This is literally like saying "Reggie Bush wasn't that good at USC because he didn't suceed in the NFL". You're officially the biggest retard on this bored.
    Sankey and Polk were super productive in college but have done nothing in the pros. Myles will be lucky to be on an NFL roster in 4 years. There aren’t many backs his size that can succeed at that level. As Husky fans we’ve been really lucky to have a bunch of good college backs but aside from Dillon few have been able to be productive on the pros.
    The gigantic difference here is Sankey (and Bush) (and Myles) didn't have NFL size. They were very good college backs without NFL bodies. Polk had an NFL body but destroyed his back before he got there.

The Bama backs have all been prototypical NFL size (BallzDeep approved BIG BACKS), been first and second round picks and have still done little in the pros.

The point isn't that the Bama backs are bad, they're obviously as talented as any in college. The point is the reason their running game kicks ass every year is because their OL kicks ass every year.

This isn't a hard concept.

Kamari Pleasant could gain 1500 yards as Bama's top back rather easily.

Yes, I understand he'd probably never be Bama's top back. That's not the point.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

great thread about Smalls guys

Did you know that ND education is world renown
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big Back Aids is so virulent that now even poasters other than strongballz are spreading it.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Big backs is the strongballz unicorn.

Can carry the offense with a mediocre line. Can destroy with a good line.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    animate said:

Big backs is the strongballz unicorn.

Can carry the offense with a mediocre line. Can destroy with a good line.

Big backs suck with a mediocre OL
  • Options

Big Back Aids is so virulent that now even poasters other than strongballz are spreading it.

He also preferred smaller DL
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

We? Have lost 1 game at home over the last 3 years. I'm going to assume we lose 1 at most this next year.

That means we'd need to lose 3 road games.
    BYU is terrible.
    Colorado is terrible (just fired their coach)
    Oregon State is well... Yeah
    That means we go 0-2 vs Arizona and stanford and lose an additional game.
    Fire Petersen if that happens

I see two games at altitude, just saying.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

God you fucks are stupid.

Do not count on a player to develop until he has. Has 2003-2014 not meant anything to you fucks?

I could be wrong, but Petersen wasn’t our coach for most of those years. You’ve been making Boobs look like a doog lately. Might be time for a walk on the beach.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Bama backs mostly suck in the NFL save for Mark Ingram's late blooming and like two good games from Derrick Henry.

Bama's running game is always special, but it's not because of the running backs.
    This is literally like saying "Reggie Bush wasn't that good at USC because he didn't suceed in the NFL". You're officially the biggest retard on this bored.
    Sankey and Polk were super productive in college but have done nothing in the pros. Myles will be lucky to be on an NFL roster in 4 years. There aren’t many backs his size that can succeed at that level. As Husky fans we’ve been really lucky to have a bunch of good college backs but aside from Dillon few have been able to be productive on the pros.
    Dwayne Washington ran for 120 yards yesterday and might be our most productive pro back.
  • Options

GOAT said:

Dwayne Washington ran for 120 yards yesterday and might be our most productive pro back.
    He was underrated here aside from the well documented fumbling probrem
    He fumbled more than he scored
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GOAT said:

Hi there.

Offensive line play is a much bigger factor in the running game than the running back is.

Retard.
    There's a big difference between saying OL is more important and saying RB is not important. Retard.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    The Savell thread has gone off onto a tangent about running backs? Count me in.

Running the ball is so much easier when you have a stable of quality big backs. It just is. It's not even debatable. Bama knows this and that's why they beat the shit out of teams. Even a basic big back like Damien Harris is always trucking and dragging people for extra yards and first downs. It makes a big difference for an offense when a big back runs for 7 or 8 yards when it would have been a 3 or 4 yard gain for a smaller back. When a big back gets to the secondary, often you have DB's who are too scared to tackle him with full effort or simply aren't strong enough to bring them down which allows even slower big backs to break off big runs or rumble for touch downs (Bo Scarbrough says hi). All I ask for is one! Just recruit one fucking big back that can run and has good vision. There are five things this program should be known for. Great defense, Great O-line, Great Quarterbacks, The White Tight End, and a physical run game with at least one bad ass big back in the rotation the likes of Corey Dillon or Chris Polk. That's Washington football. This roster is not complete without a big back.

Also, fire KB if you haven't already. Charbonnet was the teen boy love of my life. He was perfect for us and KB fucked it up. I'm done with him.
  • Options

The Savell thread has gone off onto a tangent about running backs? Count me in.

Running the ball is so much easier when you have a stable of quality big backs. It just is. It's not even debatable. Bama knows this and that's why they beat the shit out of teams. Even a basic big back like Damien Harris is always trucking and dragging people for extra yards and first downs. It makes a big difference for an offense when a big back runs for 7 or 8 yards when it would have been a 3 or 4 yard gain for a smaller back. When a big back gets to the secondary, often you have DB's who are too scared to tackle him with full effort or simply aren't strong enough to bring them down which allows even slower big backs to break off big runs or rumble for touch downs (Bo Scarbrough says hi). All I ask for is one! Just recruit one fucking big back that can run and has good vision. There are five things this program should be known for. Great defense, Great O-line, Great Quarterbacks, The White Tight End, and a physical run game with at least one bad ass big back in the rotation the likes of Corey Dillon or Chris Polk. That's Washington football. This roster is not complete without a big back.

Also, fire KB if you haven't already. Charbonnet was the teen boy love of my life. He was perfect for us and KB fucked it up. I'm done with him.

Ballz is going to ballz
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Life is like Hardcore Husky Recruiting Board, you never know what you’re going to get.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Please to be burning the last 5 pages or so of this thread. This is motherfucking Sawy's thread. Can we keep it that way and take the fag out sessions into Kyle Patterson's thread.
  • Options

Please to be burning the last 5 pages or so of this thread. This is motherfucking Sawy's thread. Can we keep it that way and take the fag out sessions into Kyle Patterson's thread.

and the best part, his recruitment about to pick up. I would bet at least 150 pages. TBS 2020 season just started