Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

dhdawg said:

TommySQC said:

Domicillo said:

good caz in the next two years we should be in the playoffs

We gotta show him we will, don’t make someone else’s pedestal taller by digging your own hole right in front of it.
    next year we are set up pretty well to make run, that should help seal the deal
    I don't see how.

DL is the worst it's been since Pete had been here. LB is very concerning.
    DB is all new. Good but very very young.

OL should be marginally better. Trey back but lose McGary.
    QB is new. I know... he's not JB so should be better.
    RB ...sigh. Salvon is not an every down back. No bellwether back
    WR has to be better, right? Young kids is all you have.
    TE is a stud.

Can special teams be any worse?

Need way too many going guys to step up to think this team wins any more than 8-9 games. OOC schedule should be 3-0. Most big games at home sans Stanford.
    RB will be by committee. Chances are someone will step up, perhaps Davis.

Defense will be young but there will be more talent in the unit than we've ever had.

I'm concerned about safety and LB if beavers and Wellington aren't healthy.

This is not a 4 loss team with that schedule. GTFOH
    Fuck. Beavers is never healthy. Wellington better get bigger.

RB looks shitty. Salvon only works as a compliment. Pleasant and McGrew are not great. Davis? Christ.

That's some serious fucking dooging.
    Preach @TommySQC.

I'm with you brother.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Overall the team will be better next year. Like others have mentioned the D will take a step back but will still be the best in the PAC.

Having a good (hopefully great) qb will be the key. Browning is just so fucking limited and our offense was beyond terrible this year.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags. Pleasant has looked good/okay but almost every team in the Conference has a running back as good as him so therefore he’s a jag.

Ahmed isn’t a true bellcow. Im more worried about the RB position than most. Next year we have to get Sam Adams and another good back.

Pleasant is plenty good.

RB is a JAG position.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The key is Eason. Or whoever wins the qb competition.

If he adds that dimension to the offence that was missing with brownsocks then the running backs will profit and have way more room and opportunity to run wild. We'll see...
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags. Pleasant has looked good/okay but almost every team in the Conference has a running back as good as him so therefore he’s a jag.

Ahmed isn’t a true bellcow. Im more worried about the RB position than most. Next year we have to get Sam Adams and another good back.

You can survive with a jag at RB.
    I'm not sure McGrew is a jag
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Offense will be much better, defense will certainly be worse. But there is really good young talent and I still think it's going to be the best defense in the conference.

All the hand wringing about RB kills me. RB is the easiest position to replace and the easiest to insert someone young. Pleasant, McGrew or Ahmed all have enough talent to make the All Pac team if they're the back of choice. None of them are Gaskin but they're plenty good enough in this offense/with this line.

OL will be as good or better (losing McGary but you get a full season of Trey and everyone else is a year older).

WRs will be much better (Jones takes another step, Fuller/Baccelia take another step and/or more young guys move into the rotation).

TEs will be much better (full season of Hunter).

But the key is going to be Eason. If he's the kid who played for Georgia we'll looser 3 games and hate everything. If he's a legit star this team might not lose until the playoff. The schedule is that good.

My guess is the defense gives up around two more points a game but the offense scores 6 or 8 more points a game.

We'll be better.

i have been betting that the d will get worse and for the past 2 years kawasaki and jimmy have proven me wrong. i am not going to bet the d will be worse
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Offense will be much better, defense will certainly be worse. But there is really good young talent and I still think it's going to be the best defense in the conference.

All the hand wringing about RB kills me. RB is the easiest position to replace and the easiest to insert someone young. Pleasant, McGrew or Ahmed all have enough talent to make the All Pac team if they're the back of choice. None of them are Gaskin but they're plenty good enough in this offense/with this line.

OL will be as good or better (losing McGary but you get a full season of Trey and everyone else is a year older).

WRs will be much better (Jones takes another step, Fuller/Baccelia take another step and/or more young guys move into the rotation).

But the key is going to be Eason. If he's the kid who played for Georgia we'll looser 3 games and hate everything. If he's a legit star this team might not lose until the playoff. The schedule is that good.

My guess is the defense gives up around two more points a game but the offense scores 6 or 8 more points a game.

We'll be better.

i have been betting that the d will get worse and for the past 2 years kawasaki and jimmy have proven me wrong. i am not going to bet the d will be worse
    It’s going to be the first year of the Kwat/Pete era that UW didn’t have the clear cut best set of DL in the conference heading into the year (and almost certainly the last). That’s the primary concern, as well as potentially some lack of depth at LB and the secondary.

OTOH, the points in the 19 defenses favor are a) edge rushers! b) bad luck this year lead to few turnovers, we should force more next year (especially in light of a) c) special teams almost certainly will do a better job of setting the defense up with field position (regression to the mean if nothing else).

Like I said I think it will be the best defense in the Pac, just not as good as this years.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Also, we shouldn’t have to settle for ‘surviving’ without a great back.

No one wants to "survive"

Players get better. Salvon, McGrew, Davis all have the talent. This isn't the sark era where players don't improve.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

No one wants to "survive"

Players get better. Salvon, McGrew, Davis all have the talent. This isn't the sark era where players don't improve.

I think Trey Lowe ends up at RB. Trey Lowe has Gaskin type potential. Elite vision and elite athleticism.

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

good caz in the next two years we should be in the playoffs

We gotta show him we will, don’t make someone else’s pedestal taller by digging your own hole right in front of it.
    next year we are set up pretty well to make run, that should help seal the deal
    He won’t wait to see how we do next year, he’s a kid. The past four years he’s seen Clemson and Bama just destroy in big games. Rose bowl has a chance to be the most competitive/memorable NY6 game this year, UW can’t afford to not take full advantage of this opportunity. Want to try to compete with the big dogs for him, give yourself something positive to talk about for the whole offseason.
    I understand what you are saying but I have a extremely hard time believing a kid would leave the state after what I believe will be 4 straight NY6 Bowl appearances. Also throw in the fact that we are pumping players in the NFL every year at every position. If the rumors are true that Saban told Thibodeaux he might have to sit a "couple years" before seeing the field why would he leave? I said it earlier in the this thread that Smalls is coming here but it will be dramatic and a very under the wraps/quiet decision. He has no reason to leave.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If we can settle the LB position, and the young guys in the secondary gel quickly, the D could very well be close to what it was this year. I see Tryon really emerging next year and that will add an entirely new dimension to the D.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Also, we shouldn’t have to settle for ‘surviving’ without a great back.

Double Ironic our coaches name has boner and pop in it.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018

We'll be better.

It’s going to be the first year of the Kwat/Pete era that UW didn’t have the clear cut best set of DL in the conference heading into the year (and almost certainly the last). That’s the primary concern, as well as potentially some lack of depth at LB and the secondary.

OTOH, the points in the 19 defenses favor are a) edge rushers! b) bad luck this year lead to few turnovers, we should force more next year (especially in light of a) c) special teams almost certainly will do a better job of setting the defense up with field position (regression to the mean if nothing else).

Like I said I think it will be the best defense in the Pac, just not as good as this years.
    Our DL will be better this year, this year was rough given that we lost some guys to injury and transfer. DL play in the begging of the year will drive us nuts, but by mid season we will be good.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

If we can settle the LB position, and the young guys in the secondary gel quickly, the D could very well be close to what it was this year. I see Tryon really emerging next year and that will add an entirely new dimension to the D.

This. Though they will be new starters, the majority of the secondary has had significant game action this year.

Having an actual edge presence will help mitigate some of the other groups (LB’s).

Though our line is going to be young, there’s too many blue chips for two-three guys not to make an impact. It’s also time for Levi to take the next step.