Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tally Taggart couch goin up for sale soon. I was at that hoops game when olecameltoe was strategically place in that shot with Savvy. He was feelin the fanbase and hash tagging hometown hero. You can’t spend you whole life here, play at Garfield and not be down. It’s real simple, stay home and go to the CFP’s.

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

His only connection at Florida State is Tre’Shaun Harrison. If you are sweating about him going to Florida State you deserve it to finally understand how important peer connections are.

“We should never take a player to increase our chances at another player” is said all the time by fans even though the coaches told LV to hold off on his commitment to save a guaranteed spot for Gary Bryant Jr (Tre’shaun Is better) in order to connect with Korey Foreman.

This is the bed the coaches made by not recruiting Tre’shaun so have fun sleeping in it while a bunch of Savell to FSU stuff comes out for the next month while he simultaneously tweets at Sawyer (who he’s never met) and Paolo (who he had beef with until Paolo embarrassed him).

Smalls’ other connection is Slick Willie. You use Tre’shaun as an example, but UW passed on him at WR, even though Smalls was at Garfield at the time.

If we hold a spot for Bryant it’s because he is higher on our bored than LV. Given how we are recruiting at WR this year and the # of highly WR prospects we have a shot at, no way we waste a schollie, especially with the possibility of using two on special teams.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

I'm not buying the whole "UW is back in it with him behind the scenes" bullshit. Until he announces UW is back in it or officially visits UW, he's not coming here.

I'm not either, but knowing he's going to Kennedy is a huge factor, which hasn't happened yet.
    Until he realizes that Sam is too white bread when Smalls is over for dinner and asks for some purple stuff.

"I'm sorry Sa'vell I don't know what that is ... I have some orange juice ..."

... "I want some of that purple drink! .... Sugar, water, purple!" ...

But kidding aside, Sa'vell is awesome and needs to wear a purple uniform...
    This is so cringe you should really think about editing it until it goes away.
    Why, because the croots read this bored?

Sa'vell is awesome. I hope he has a sense of humor
    Nobody with a sense of humor thinks that’s funny
    Is this doogman? ... get the fuck outta here.

Dave Chappelle is funny!
    Pressing
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dawgs206 said:

His only connection at Florida State is Tre’Shaun Harrison. If you are sweating about him going to Florida State you deserve it to finally understand how important peer connections are.

“We should never take a player to increase our chances at another player” is said all the time by fans even though the coaches told LV to hold off on his commitment to save a guaranteed spot for Gary Bryant Jr (Tre’shaun Is better) in order to connect with Korey Foreman.

This is the bed the coaches made by not recruiting Tre’shaun so have fun sleeping in it while a bunch of Savell to FSU stuff comes out for the next month while he simultaneously tweets at Sawyer (who he’s never met) and Paolo (who he had beef with until Paolo embarrassed him).

Smalls’ other connection is Slick Willie. You use Tre’shaun as an example, but UW passed on him at WR, even though Smalls was at Garfield at the time.

If we hold a spot for Bryant it’s because he is higher on our bored than LV. Given how we are recruiting at WR this year and the # of highly WR prospects we have a shot at, no way we waste a schollie, especially with the possibility of using two on special teams.

1. How is Savell linked to Taggart? Would they have any connection if not for Tre’shaun?

2. I’m not really understanding your second point

3. If Tre’shaun is signed to UDUB I guarantee Florida State isn’t a factor right now. That’s my point.
  • Options

dawgs206 said:

1. How is Savell linked to Taggart? Would they have any connection if not for Tre’shaun?

3. If Tre’shaun is signed to UDUB I guarantee Florida State isn’t a factor right now. That’s my point.
    1. From Taggart’s time at Oregon. Smalls is more familiar with Taggart than most of the coaches from the other schools in his top 8 or 10. He compared him to Joey Thomas at the time (in a positive way) and obviously Smalls has an interest in SEC/football in the south.

2. My point is that if UW passed on kid in our own backyard (we wanted Tre’shaun at a different position at least) that was on the same team as Smalls, why would Petersen change his philosophy with an out of state kid from Cali that will have every school after him? We signed Taj and Cameron Davis and didn’t make Flowe’s top 12.

If the coaches thought Bryant and LV were equivalents I could see it, but I just don’t think that’s Petersen style otherwise. I think they just prefer Bryant.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

1. From Taggart’s time at Oregon. Smalls is more familiar with Taggart than most of the coaches from the other schools in his top 8 or 10. He compared him to Joey Thomas at the time (in a positive way) and obviously Smalls has an interest in SEC/football in the south.

2. My point is that if UW passed on kid in our own backyard (we wanted Tre’shaun at a different position at least) that was on the same team as Smalls, why would Petersen change his philosophy with an out of state kid from Cali that will have every school after him? We signed Taj and Cameron Davis and didn’t make Flowe’s top 12.

If the coaches thought Bryant and LV were equivalents I could see it, but I just don’t think that’s Petersen style otherwise. I think they just prefer Bryant.
    Occam's Razor FTW.

You're right, you know.
  • Options
    @LaMichael_Corleone And to clarify, I wanted UW to offer Tre’shaun regardless of position. I don’t necessarily disagree with some points you make, I just think Petersen does his own thing.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2019
    dawgs206 said:

@LaMichael_Corleone And to clarify, I wanted UW to offer Tre’shaun regardless of position. I don’t necessarily disagree with some points you make, I just think Petersen does his own thing.

Yup no disagreement at all. I’m just tryna get on the same page.

I guess my biggest point is that there is no Willi Taggart connection if we? just recruited Tre’shaun as hard as we should’ve.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dawgs206 said:

I guess my biggest point is that there is no Willi Taggart connection if we? just recruited Tre’shaun as hard as we should’ve.
    Sad he did not want to be a safety.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

dawgs206 said:

Sad he didnt Sawyer or Kaleb him and give him time to make that transition.
    Or that
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    Only commit I would like at this point, and Vorel hasn't disappointed me yet!
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    dnc said:

Bread said:

Only commit I would like at this point, and Vorel hasn't disappointed me yet!

This says alot about Smalls current recruitment and influence the socioeconomic divide between Seattle metro area and Ferndale is having on him.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Weather isn’t helping. Normally in July it’s taint sweat city but it’s actually comfortable.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He will commit to FSU soon (perhaps on this trip) and in late November he'll be all "Respect my decision. No interviews."
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He will commit to FSU soon (perhaps on this trip) and in late November he'll be all "Respect my decision. No interviews."

As long as he never ventures off campus or out of college town he’ll never feel the good ‘ol boy racists club.

He’ll be fine, it’ll be great! #gonoles