Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I mean, he’s just about the most talented in his class but in the above video he’s pandering to the camera. The kid loves the recruiting process and all eyes on him. Nothing wrong with that, I would probably do the same if I was blessed with his genetics, but this isn’t the type of recruit that Chris Peterman would prefer (he likes hard working quiet types). Savvy is going to draw out his commitment until NLI. I’m not hopeful we will get him, recruits like him love the attention and SEC schools.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I mean, he’s just about the most talented in his class but in the above video he’s pandering to the camera. The kid loves the recruiting process and all eyes on him. Nothing wrong with that, I would probably do the same if I was blessed with his genetics, but this isn’t the type of recruit that Chris Peterman would prefer (he likes hard working quiet types). Savvy is going to draw out his commitment until NLI. I’m not hopeful we will get him, recruits like him love the attention and SEC schools because they're closer to home.

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For anyone who forgets why this kid is such a big deal. If you don’t want him, your crazy. He’s 17, has a ton of people in his ear, is impressionable, and gets shit on by adults on the internet. The kid is a fucking stud and I hope he comes around and stays home and just fucks shit up in purple and gold.
    Can you tweet this very message to him?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wish he had half the attitude the Jalen McMillan did about his hometown.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Young Mr. Smalls has had a lot of life coming at him fast recently. He's a smart kid, and he'll figure it out and come to UW - after he tortures the TBS crowd for a while just for fun.

Plus, his mom seems to like UW and I think she'll have a good deal of influence on the final decision.

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm to the point where if we get him, great. If we don't, oh well, life goes on. Best of luck to him wherever he goes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You guys need to learn to handle the

and the

as a father to a child with Down Syndrome, I'm giving you a chin for being clever
    Look what you have created Derek.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

and the

as a father to a child with Down Syndrome, I'm giving you a chin for being clever
    Look what you have created Derek.
    it's what makes this place "special" ... is this what you are referring to?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

Gladstone said:

UW's development, success, academics, and location should be an easy shoe-in for Smalls. He should have committed months ago and already be helping recruit the rest of the master class. He's an intelligent, well-adjusted kid. I really wonder what happened here. Just vexing.

he's just enamored with going to a genuine college football hotbed. it isn't unusual. skinny did it, Max that 5 star qb guy went to USC while they still had a hot bed halo from Pete Carroll days, all the top 5* west coast kids have been trending this way. Nothing we can do until the climate changes a couple more degrees and Florida is (finally) under water....then when the rest of the country is hot as fuck, underwater, or dealing with non-stop hurricanes year round THEN the W will be for the West Coast because we'll be pretty much the last livable location on earth. Yay for us!!
    The Tug would like a word with you
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,924
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Gladstone said:

UW's development, success, academics, and location should be an easy shoe-in for Smalls. He should have committed months ago and already be helping recruit the rest of the master class. He's an intelligent, well-adjusted kid. I really wonder what happened here. Just vexing.

he's just enamored with going to a genuine college football hotbed. it isn't unusual. skinny did it, Max that 5 star qb guy went to USC while they still had a hot bed halo from Pete Carroll days, all the top 5* west coast kids have been trending this way. Nothing we can do until the climate changes a couple more degrees and Florida is (finally) under water....then when the rest of the country is hot as fuck, underwater, or dealing with non-stop hurricanes year round THEN the W will be for the West Coast because we'll be pretty much the last livable location on earth. Yay for us!!
    A world could exist...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

Gladstone said:

The Tug would like a word with you
    I'm trying to find a downside to his scenario
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

and the

It’s this kind of commitment to staying ad free that makes this place what it is

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Strangely he fell all the way to 17th in the most recent 247 rankings.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Strangely he fell all the way to 17th in the most recent 247 rankings.

Guys tend to drop when they commit to us. #Woof!
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Disrespect is real.