Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Bummer. But that's what happens when you win a national championship recently like Clemson has. You can pull a 5-star kid from across the country. No shame in losing a recruiting battle to a program like that. Still pisses me off because I want UW to win them all but that's not realistic when you're going after the best of the best. Hopefully Buelow gives us some positive news soon.

Like I said before, no Ngata means another quality line of scrimmage player down the road. I think UW is looking good for Buelow and Vimahi and perhaps this scholarship allows them to take Fautanu as well. WR's are great but it's all about the trenches.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Basically our lone chance at a 2nd WR who’s good is if Chase ends up there and we get a different DB to fill in the class

Ruth said in the last hour that UW "backed off" Chase recently. He's at Oregon's SNL camp bullshit tonight and will probably commit.

Where the fuck did we get such huge WR dicks that make us(?) think we can just back off every talented kid?
    At this point let’s just take every DL possible to fill in this class
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I’m prerty sure Chase is set to commit somewhere the end of August though on his moms birthday
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    This staff has recruited and developed Dante Pettis and that's pretty much it at the position in five years. You don't get credit for developing John Ross because that is just one fast bitch and won most of his battles on that alone.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    We aren't pulling these kids because Pete's peter north sized ego is just fucking them in the recruiting game. He refuses to play to the kids liking. At a diva position like WR, you have to make them feel good sometimes and literally every other team in the country has no issue doing it meanwhile we are like "Listen, if you aren't studying your dorm room by 7:30PM every night, you're just not an OKG".

I'd still let Pete get me pregnant but FUCK!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This staff has recruited and developed Dante Pettis and that's pretty much it at the position in five years. You don't get credit for developing John Ross because that is just one fast bitch and won most of his battles on that alone.

I'm optimistic with the Ty Jones, Terrell Bynum, Austin Osborne, and Marquis Spiker group … there's some talent there. Ngata is obviously in a different level of talent as he's a Top 10 NFL pick pretty easily provided things don't go horribly wrong for him.

What keeps going through my head is IF I'm a WR looking at UW for the last 3 years, what I see is Babushka's play calling and Browning's largely mediocre play. If I'm an elite WR, it's hard for me to see how UW is going to maximize my talents. Add to it with Ngata that given Browning's status in Folsom, you're likely not going to get an embracement of the narrative there that Browning's largely mediocre and that once you get to the next generation of guys like Eason, Sirmon, etc. that have way better arm talent that the way that we'll be able to use WRs will be far better. There's a prove it aspect here and we haven't done it. Period.

That being said, what Lubick's plans for WRs in this class is highly questionable right now. Sitting here today, I'd be betting on basically a complete miss in this class for the year. Perhaps long-term we're ok because our best talent is super young and with Bush being back it helps with the messaging going forward. I don't think Lubick's going to be long for here and it will just put a ton of pressure on the 2020 class to find a few elite guys.

Given the WHO we are recruiting against right now, it's becoming more obvious that we're starting the leveling up process and part of that process is trying to figure out who on our staff is ready for that journey:

READY and ABLE

Lake
    Bush
    Malloe
    Huff (well on pace)

NOT GOING ANYWHERE

K

JURY STILL OUT

Harris

PAR SHOOTERS

Gregory
    Boner

LIKELY NOT

Paopao
    Lubick
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    To pack it up and say we are done with WR after only getting Taj Davis would be ridiculous. If they say okay, we aren't going to take a WR because we are going to pull in Ika or Tuitele then okay, fine.

But if they don't take another WR and slow played/passed on the WRs they have only to take an extra DL body in the form of a 3* they offer in January 2019 a few weeks before signing day with offers from Cal, Utah, Idaho State, Utah State, and Santa Barbara Community College then fuck off with that shit.

As far as WRs go...this team has six and that's it. Spiker, Bynum, Osborne, Cook, Jones, and Lowe. Only one of them have played in a real game and is still an unknown of some variety and the other five are complete unknowns.

The other guys don't even matter. I was optimistic on Aaron Fuller before last year but that ship has long sailed out of the harbor.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Stop fucking melting down people. It's pretty simple. We don't lose any WRs after this season! The coaches only wanted one to two WRs this class and were only interested in taking guys with elite size and speed traits. Ngata and Davis fit what they want. They got one and got bitch slapped for the other by a team that won a national championship two years ago. It happens. We haven't won shit yet. They have.

I'll be shocked if we aren't done at WR with Davis. Pittman and Delgado were passed on and Chase will be too. We don't have unlimited scholarships and the trenches are more important and we have a chance to really load up on elite lineman.

We're gonna have to wait for the WRs on the roster that suck asshole to graduate to really stack elite talent at WR. Until then we either need some of these young, talented WRs to step the fuck up and beat out these JAG veteran WRs or these JAG veteran WRs need to stop being pussy ass JAGs and learn how to get open (doubtful).

Yes, Lubick is no fucking Hamdan as a recruiter but WR recruiting is the last thing I'm worried about. WR talent is always plentiful and winning and elite QB depth will have top WR's lining up year after year just like Delgado and Pittman were lining up before UW passed.

Go watch the USC vs Ohio State game if you want to see what it looks like when one team loads up on elite lineman every year and the other loads up on 4 or 5 elite WR's every year.

You're an idiot