Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Rice is Hopkins' third ass.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Nevada freshman PG Devearl Ramsey is transferring. 4-star kid had offers from Texas, Michigan and Pittsburgh out of high school.

I don't think its coincidence that he decided to transfer the day after Dave Rice left for Washington..

If Rice really brings Jeter and Ramsey, and Dickerson and Nowell stick, 2019 could be competitive.

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle
    Bigs - Jeter, Dickerson, Kiwi

Add a quality freshman or two (Kevin Porter, praying dog.jpg), and you could have a team.
    It feels like Hop has a master plan behind the scenes. I think the Dave Rice hire was huge. Now UW has pipeline to Mater Dei with Hop, which is a power down here in So Cal and LA with Dollar. Dave Rice gives us Vegas and Bishop Gormon and Will has relationships with all the big time schools in Seattle. They're hedged around the west coast and not so leveraged to Seattle.
    Master plan seems a little strong since we know he struck out on Hart and that wouldn't have given him the LV/BG ties, but it certainly seems like he's taken a good route from the recruiting side. I don't understand needing both Dollar and Conroy though, Conroy seems like a better option all around.

Overall, I like the staff he's assembled. Hop's gonna have to be his own X's and O's guy though, which is a little scary just since we've never seen him call his own shots.

Going to be chinteresting anyway.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

NEsnake12 said:

Random transfer speculation I put together after seeing this news...

Elijah Foster, 6'7 240, Jr. forward. Went to Rainier Beach for HS but wasn't heavily recruited. Started for Nevada this season and was putting up 12ppg and 7.4rpg before he got arrested and suspended for the rest of the season.

Sounds like uncertain future at Nevada... his suspension is lifted and he can come back to Nevada next season but might transfer. With Rice coming here I wouldn't be shocked if he gives UW a look... but depends on if Hop wants to deal with the character issues or not.

Given the lack of size on the roster, I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with him.

He's not a Pac-12 caliber big.

But he's one of #MyVikings, so sure.
    Where's that lefthanded kid Nelson going for #yourvikings? He lit it up at the state tournament last year - something like 26 against the B-Roy Garfield All-Stars in the semis. Haven't been doing much TBS this season.

No clue. I don't TBS.
    Nega.

Please.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Nevada freshman PG Devearl Ramsey is transferring. 4-star kid had offers from Texas, Michigan and Pittsburgh out of high school.

I don't think its coincidence that he decided to transfer the day after Dave Rice left for Washington..

If Rice really brings Jeter and Ramsey, and Dickerson and Nowell stick, 2019 could be competitive.

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Add a quality freshman or two (Kevin Porter, praying dog.jpg), and you could have a team.
    It feels like Hop has a master plan behind the scenes. I think the Dave Rice hire was huge. Now UW has pipeline to Mater Dei with Hop, which is a power down here in So Cal and LA with Dollar. Dave Rice gives us Vegas and Bishop Gormon and Will has relationships with all the big time schools in Seattle. They're hedged around the west coast and not so leveraged to Seattle.
    Master plan seems a little strong since we know he struck out on Hart and that wouldn't have given him the LV/BG ties, but it certainly seems like he's taken a good route from the recruiting side. I don't understand needing both Dollar and Conroy though, Conroy seems like a better option all around.

Overall, I like the staff he's assembled. Hop's gonna have to be his own X's and O's guy though, which is a little scary just since we've never seen him call his own shots.

Listen to that pod cast. He will have a defensive identity. That sounds like his specialty from Syracuse
  • Options

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Listen to that pod cast.
    He will have a defensive identity. That sounds like his specialty from Syracuse
    Which?
  • Options

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Listen to that pod cast. He will have a defensive identity. That sounds like his specialty from Syracuse
    He was a white dude playing at Syracuse when Syracuse was Syracuse.

He sure as fuck wasn't the high flying scoring machine. White boys grind on D, rebound and pass the rock.

Bruthas won't have it any other way.

Unless you're at Duke or Gonzaga.

And, yes, ISAFNRC.

But IRYK.

• Options

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

He sure as fuck wasn't the high flying scoring machine. White boys grind on D, rebound and pass the rock.

And, yes, ISAFNRC.

But IRYK.

Why do you hate spot up shooting?

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Sure he struck out on Hart. However I think it was more due to finances. USC pulling out the checkbook when they found out that Hop wanted him rather than Hop not being able to convince him to coach at UW. But regardless Hart isn't here. When it comes to Conroy or Dollar I don't see why people are negative towards Dollar. He actually has HC experience (like Rice), we know he's a hard ass and was instrumental in UW's success when he was Romar's right hand man. Conroy is the guy that has to prove his worth to me. He hasn't done much in my book, hopefully he can help keep Nowell bc he struck on Davis. It's like people think Dollar is a complete failure because he didn't turn Seattle U into a powerhouse. I've always liked him as a player and a coach and like his role in this new chapter of Washington basketball.

I haven't been excited about UW basketball in a long long time, even though we're going through a rebuild.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Listen to that pod cast.
    Which?
    This one DNC, it's pretty fucking impressive to be honest. I can see why Jen Hired him. I will be shocked if this team doesn't see a huge turn around next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/849698239108583424
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Sure he struck out on Hart. However I think it was more due to finances. USC pulling out the checkbook when they found out that Hop wanted him rather than Hop not being able to convince him to coach at UW. But regardless Hart isn't here. When it comes to Conroy or Dollar I don't see why people are negative towards Dollar. He actually has HC experience (like Rice), we know he's a hard ass and was instrumental in UW's success when he was Romar's right hand man. Conroy is the guy that has to prove his worth to me. He hasn't done much in my book, hopefully he can help keep Nowell bc he struck on Davis. It's like people think Dollar is a complete failure because he didn't turn Seattle U into a powerhouse. I've always liked him as a player and a coach and like his role in this new chapter of Washington basketball.

I haven't been excited about UW basketball in a long long time, even though we're going through a rebuild.
    He had one job. Pay for the pizza and leave a soda pop cup full of cash sitting on the table in Clarkston.

How do you fuck that up?

Seriously. HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP?

Do you know the quality of 'shrooms Heyvelt could have scored in Seattle or heading up around Bellingham? !?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

Listen to that pod cast.
    Which?
    This one DNC, it's pretty fucking impressive to be honest. I can see why Jen Hired him. I will be shocked if this team doesn't see a huge turn around next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/849698239108583424
    The way he talks does sound weirdly like Petersen.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

And, yes, ISAFNRC.

But IRYK.

Every team needs a slow white boy and a fat guy.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saracen said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

PG - Dickerson/Crisp
    SG - Nowell
    SF - Thybulle

And, yes, ISAFNRC.

But IRYK.

Every team needs a slow white boy and a fat guy.

Even better when you can get a toofer...

Really nice to get a guy that checks both boxes to open up a schollie.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

Random transfer speculation I put together after seeing this news...

Elijah Foster, 6'7 240, Jr. forward. Went to Rainier Beach for HS but wasn't heavily recruited. Started for Nevada this season and was putting up 12ppg and 7.4rpg before he got arrested and suspended for the rest of the season.

Sounds like uncertain future at Nevada... his suspension is lifted and he can come back to Nevada next season but might transfer. With Rice coming here I wouldn't be shocked if he gives UW a look... but depends on if Hop wants to deal with the character issues or not.

Given the lack of size on the roster, I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with him.

He's not a Pac-12 caliber big.

But he's one of #MyVikings, so sure.
    Where's that lefthanded kid Nelson going for #yourvikings? He lit it up at the state tournament last year - something like 26 against the B-Roy Garfield All-Stars in the semis. Haven't been doing much TBS this season.

No clue. I don't TBS.
    This is a lie.
    I don't though. I know people. I talk to people.

I don't follow recruiting rankings or watch film or whatever.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    https://mobile.twitter.com/VegasEliteHoops/status/850205643365531656

On his 1st day on the job,
    New Univ. Of Washington
    Asst. Coach Dave Rice visits
    Bishop Gorman and offers
    #VEBC2018 6'7 SG @jamal_bey5
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

New Univ. Of Washington
    Bishop Gorman and offers

Did he get to keep that sweet rubber basketball or would that be a violation?

• Options
    Saracen said:

New Univ. Of Washington
    Bishop Gorman and offers

Did he get to keep that sweet rubber basketball or would that be a violation?

Love it.
  • Options
    Now he only needs to shit can Conroy if he doesn't produce recruits
  • Options

Now he only needs to shit can Conroy if he doesn't produce recruits

I'm with you man. He was hired for one reason only and that was to keep talent in Seattle. He shit the bed with Davis. People ripped on Dollar, who actually has real coaching experience and a natty but praised Conroy who has been a Romar assistant during our worst years as a program?? Makes zero sense to me. Crickets from Nowell but I guess the fact that he hasn't confirmed his release is a good sign? If the kid doesn't want to be a husky then fine, leave, I'm of the opinion that good basketball players exist outside of the Seattle bubble and this staff has clearly already been working their back channels down here in LA and in Vegas. Hop is hungry. The anthesis of lazy, complacent Romar who put all his eggs in the Seattle basket and could never close outside talent.