Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Rice is Hopkins' third ass.

13»

Comments

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Now he only needs to shit can Conroy if he doesn't produce recruits

I'm with you man. He was hired for one reason only and that was to keep talent in Seattle. He shit the bed with Davis. People ripped on Dollar, who actually has real coaching experience and a natty but praised Conroy who has been a Romar assistant during our worst years as a program?? Makes zero sense to me. Crickets from Nowell but I guess the fact that he hasn't confirmed his release is a good sign? If the kid doesn't want to be a husky then fine, leave, I'm of the opinion that good basketball players exist outside of the Seattle bubble and this staff has clearly already been working their back channels down here in LA and in Vegas. Hop is hungry. The anthesis of lazy, complacent Romar who put all his eggs in the Seattle basket and could never close outside talent.
    Romar sucked but dude pulled Fultz and the Porters from outside of Seattle. Zero chance Hopkins pulls that kind of outside Seattle talent anytime soon.

His problem wasn't relying too much on Seattle, his problem was relying too much on elite guys and putting nothing around them.

Cautiously optimistic with Hop.
    I will give him Fultz. That was all Romar and Chillious and I still have no idea how they convinced to come to Seattle. We now know the reason he received commitment from the Porter's is because Romar gave their unqualified Dad a job. Without that we don't stand a chance. He took a risk and it backfired. Romar was given every chance to build a sustainable program and he failed. I think Hop understands it's about more than just one guy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

I'm with you man. He was hired for one reason only and that was to keep talent in Seattle. He shit the bed with Davis. People ripped on Dollar, who actually has real coaching experience and a natty but praised Conroy who has been a Romar assistant during our worst years as a program?? Makes zero sense to me. Crickets from Nowell but I guess the fact that he hasn't confirmed his release is a good sign? If the kid doesn't want to be a husky then fine, leave, I'm of the opinion that good basketball players exist outside of the Seattle bubble and this staff has clearly already been working their back channels down here in LA and in Vegas. Hop is hungry. The anthesis of lazy, complacent Romar who put all his eggs in the Seattle basket and could never close outside talent.
    Romar sucked but dude pulled Fultz and the Porters from outside of Seattle. Zero chance Hopkins pulls that kind of outside Seattle talent anytime soon.

His problem wasn't relying too much on Seattle, his problem was relying too much on elite guys and putting nothing around them.

I will give him Fultz. That was all Romar and Chillious and I still have no idea how they convinced to come to Seattle. We now know the reason he received commitment from the Porter's is because Romar gave their unqualified Dad a job. Without that we don't stand a chance. He took a risk and it backfired. Romar was given every chance to build a sustainable program and he failed. I think Hop understands it's about more than just one guy.
    Jaylen Porter committed to Romar before he hired their dad. Not sure I buy the "don't stand a chance" idea.

I also disagree that there was anything wrong with the strategy. If there's an assistant you can hire that brings the #1 recruit in the class you do that in a heartbeat whether he can coach or not. Most assistants never pull anything near that caliber on their own. I don't think it backfired at all, it was everything else that backfired.

I agree I still have no clue how they got Fultz.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

I gotta see how big his Starbucks cup is before making that judgment.