Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Offer to CJ Elleby '18 from Cleveland

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's a 6"7 SG who's dad is like 6"10 hell he might be 6"9 by the time he graduates.

A lot of judgment about lack athleticism on this board? 6'7" SG who's not fully done growing. Sounds like a player to me
    Dude was like 6"4 last year.
  • Options
    Keep in my mind he's still growing and 6"7 by the time he's an upper classmen this is the type of dude who will be a stud. Think CJ Fair, Josh Hart etc.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The kid doesn't have enough flash according to this video to be a 1st round NBA talent.

Really though, the actual tape is just fine. The kid looks to have great body control and a more than adequate jumper for his age. He leans a bit but nowhere near Crisp terrible jumper. He looks to have decent handles for his size/age. His athleticism may not be off the charts based on a short video, but it also looks like he hasn't touched a weight in his life either.

Who is saying he isn't offered by anyone? I would have to doubt that. I'm sure this kid has a lot of low end d1 offers, but maybe hasn't had an elite tier come in yet. One good spring summer AAU circuit and UW's offer will be history
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's a 6"7 SG who's dad is like 6"10 hell he might be 6"9 by the time he graduates.

If Bill Elleby is one of his dads, he isn't 6'10. His dad is tall, but not even close to 6'10. Bill Elleby played for Garfield, was all state 2 guard, played at Cal at a time when UW routinely let local talent go elsewhere.
  • Options
    He's the leading scorer and rebounder on EYBL rotary team with Kevin Porter and Fuller.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If Hop ends up taking this kid and Pryor from West Seattle, I'm good with that. Get in good with the local AAU and high schools and get a few guys you can coach up.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If Bill Elleby is one of his dads, he isn't 6'10. His dad is tall, but not even close to 6'10. Bill Elleby played for Garfield, was all state 2 guard, played at Cal at a time when UW routinely let local talent go elsewhere.
    True. But the 80's wasn't exactly hoops nirvana in WA. The true rise of legitimate local talent in volume started in the mid 90's.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He's the leading scorer and rebounder on EYBL rotary team with Kevin Porter and Fuller.

This kid has nothing on Porter. #RBV
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saracen said:

True. But the 80's wasn't exactly hoops nirvana in WA. The true rise of legitimate local talent in volume started in the mid 90's.
    Peter Dukes (Stanford), Bill Elleby (Cal), Donny Marshall (Connecticut), Doug Christie (Pepperdine), Will Brantley (Oregon State), Ryan Drew (Cal): All started at programs better than UW. Go a little later before the mid 90's you have guys like Michael Dickerson (Arizona), omm'A Givens (UCLA). UW has missed on a lot of local talent. There is a reason that the there has been such an emphasis with Bender, Romar, and now Hopkins to keep kids home. Ultimately the UW will still lose talent because you just can't sign everyone. 2005 was a great example when you had Martell Webster, Marcus Williams, Micah Downs, Jon Brockman, Artem Wallace, Terrence Williams, and Garrison Carr. Granted Carr was a small D1 guy who had a great career at American, but when you can basically flip a coin on Martell, Marcus, Terrence and Micah. Still wish they had gotten Marcus instead of focusing on Martell. Marcus on that 06 team would have been excellent.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Saracen said:

Peter Dukes (Stanford), Bill Elleby (Cal), Donny Marshall (Connecticut), Doug Christie (Pepperdine), Will Brantley (Oregon State), Ryan Drew (Cal): All started at programs better than UW. Go a little later before the mid 90's you have guys like Michael Dickerson (Arizona), omm'A Givens (UCLA). UW has missed on a lot of local talent. There is a reason that the there has been such an emphasis with Bender, Romar, and now Hopkins to keep kids home. Ultimately the UW will still lose talent because you just can't sign everyone. 2005 was a great example when you had Martell Webster, Marcus Williams, Micah Downs, Jon Brockman, Artem Wallace, Terrence Williams, and Garrison Carr. Granted Carr was a small D1 guy who had a great career at American, but when you can basically flip a coin on Martell, Marcus, Terrence and Micah. Still wish they had gotten Marcus instead of focusing on Martell. Marcus on that 06 team would have been excellent.
    Why do you hate Quin Snyder and KJ Roberts?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Saracen said:

I gotta give mad props and multiple Chins for dropping omm'a FUCKING Givens. Man - that gave me a hoops boner. #nohomo.

You roll down pretty much any roster of Friends of Hoop and/or Seattle Rotary since back in the day, and there's pretty decent talent. You start throwing on some of the S.Sound and Spokane/Central WA boys that balled up with those guys and it's pretty fucking good. Toss in the NW Panthers and you have to wonder how the FUCK did Romar not go to the tournament the last six years?!? Crazy goddamned parents but good talent.

• Options
    dnc said:

Saracen said:

Why do you hate Quin Snyder and KJ Roberts cocaine?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Umm, was kind of working from late 80's post Harshman? I'll go with that.
  • Options

Roberts was still in that category. Played with Jason Kidd.

But yeah, Quinn was probably the earliest painful defection I can recall.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2017
    Quinn and Rick Nojji dunks everywhere
  • Options
    dnc said:

Brian Schwabbe says "Fuck you".
  • Options

dnc said:

who?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

who?
    You must hate Ed Pepple and #myislanders too.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

who?
    APAG is the only #Islander for me
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

who?
    APAG is the only #Islander for me
    So he's a whining sniveling asterisk post-game orange faggot, too?

Explains much.