Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Looks like no other offers at this point... sweet
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Looks like no other offers at this point... sweet

So you're saying we're FIRST?!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited March 2017
    The important connection is Seattle Rotary here. The guys dad is a coach. Seattle hoops scene is NOT protesting the couch sale of Romar
  • Options

The important connection is Seattle Rotary here. The guys dad is a coach. Seattle hoops scene is NOT protesting the couch sale of Romar

Hmmmm. Kid with no offers. And hasn't accepted the UW offer. Might be premature to conclude anything. Hope you're right though.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OKG Lunchpales!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Hmmmm. Kid with no offers. And hasn't accepted the UW offer. Might be premature to conclude anything. Hope you're right though.
    Football regularly offers guys with no other offers.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

dnc said:

I'm not saying we don't want him. I'm saying its way too early to conclude "Seattle hoops scene is NOT protesting the couch sale of Romar" based on an offer to a kid nobody else wants.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This kid is fucking awesome. He's better than Fuller by a wide margin imo. He'll be a stud in college, most underrated player in the country. He defends like a bitch, he's athletic and long as shit, good shot, great pull-up gayme, and gets to the rim whenever he wants. He took Cleveland to the T-Dome his sophomore year.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This kid is fucking awesome. He's better than Fuller by a wide margin imo. He'll be a stud in college, most underrated player in the country. He defends like a bitch, he's athletic and long as shit, good shot, great pull-up gayme, and gets to the rim whenever he wants. He took Cleveland to the T-Dome his sophomore year.

OK!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I'm not saying we don't want him. I'm saying its way too early to conclude "Seattle hoops scene is NOT protesting the couch sale of Romar" based on an offer to a kid nobody else wants.

Would you change your mind if his father a Rotary coach said as much?
    Summary, "we want our kids to get scholarships and a quality education and stay home..."
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Summary, "we want our kids to get scholarships and a quality education and stay home..."
    I thought we didn't want Seattle players anyways???
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

dnc said:

dnc said:

Just the ones whose parents aren't complete and utter faggots.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

So, no Seattle players then?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tape isn't bad, isn't eye opening, but I don't really expect the new staff to be pulling in jaw dropping prospects to start. I do like his length, which can lead to some versatility.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

dnc said:

dnc said:

So, no Seattle players then?
    Just holding out the option for a unicorn.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I actually like the tape ... good chance that he could be a rotation player for a P12 program.

I agree that he doesn't have eye popping athleticism ... but he definitely looks to be a guy that has a good idea of how to play the game and you can see that with a few of his pull up jumpers and the mid-range post up that he turned into a nice little jumper with a jab step.

There's a lot of good basketball players out there ... with the exception of the handful of guys that have won the genetic lottery it is way more important to have a team that is well coached with an identity than it is to just have a bunch of athletic guys and just expecting that something will happen.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He's a 6"7 SG who's dad is like 6"10 hell he might be 6"9 by the time he graduates.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Hadn't looked at his tape and he probably sucks, but if he's a coach's son and he's not gifted enough that he has had to work hard to be halfway decent then he will be a better influence on the roster than 90% of what we currently have.

The team needs a culture change, and bringing in some guys to help that can't hurt.
  • Options

He's a 6"7 SG who's dad is like 6"10 hell he might be 6"9 by the time he graduates.

A lot of judgment about lack athleticism on this board? 6'7" SG who's not fully done growing. Sounds like a player to me