Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richard "Fig" Newton, 3* 2018 RB, Palmdale, CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Chris Warren, OKG:
    So one of the biggest keys for Warren will be to better acclimate himself to the new offensive system, which could be a simple matter of taking more reps. However, Drayton is also pushing Warren to grow as a practice player.

“The thing that he's doing the best right now is that he's respecting the game,” Drayton said. “He's been a little bit of a lethargic football player in the past, in regards to practice. He's becoming a better practice player and he needs to continue to do that for the rest of his career, play the game on the practice field. And I think that's been the big improvement and it was the biggest need for improvement going into training camp.”
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I came for big blacks.

Once you go big back, you never go back.

#ThingsRoofToldMe
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Chris Warren, OKG:

So one of the biggest keys for Warren will be to better acclimate himself to the new offensive system, which could be a simple matter of taking more reps. However, Drayton is also pushing Warren to grow as a practice player.

“The thing that he's doing the best right now is that he's respecting the game,” Drayton said. “He's been a little bit of a lethargic football player in the past, in regards to practice. He's becoming a better practice player and he needs to continue to do that for the rest of his career, play the game on the practice field. And I think that's been the big improvement and it was the biggest need for improvement going into training camp.”
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I showed the OP to a true UW fan. He was laughing his ass off and shaking his head about all of the mistakes and incorrect information.

Congratulations, troll.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Newton is visiting this weekend. I'm assuming the staff has given up on/ passed on Brown at this point.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Is newton a big back?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is that that a big black back? BBB?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2017
    BallzDeep said:

Give it up man. You lost. UW wanted him till the very end. Obviously the coaches thought he was an OKG. Perhaps the culture at UW would have been better for him. Regardless, Warren will be beast for Texas this season.
    Texas is a Natty contender then?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Our new recruiting strategy seems to be to take leftovers early so we can feel great about them. Newton falls into that category.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Our new recruiting strategy seems to be to take leftovers early so we can feel great about them. Newton falls into that category.

I know that we? have great RB depth (for now) and that this a weak year for RB, but Newton? Come on. At least tell Tre'Shaun he can play WR if he wins the opportunity then have him play mostly RB. Instead we get Fig Newton.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

I'd rather not waste a scholly.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i do not trust the coaches
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Re: Newton vs. Brown, someone dug up their stats for the season thus far. Brown is averaging just above 4 yards a carry (with no TDs) and Newton is at 7.5.

So there's a mantra from the mods of this site that high school stats mean very little. However, any rational person can look at Brown's stats and have questions about why scout has him as the top RB in the west. High D-1 RB prospects dominate in high school in almost all cases. Newton is doing a little better but he's only getting single digit carries in each game, which raises questions as well.

The answer: beat the shit out of Oregon, then full court press on Tre'Shawn. Nothing else matters.

Crisped
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Re: Newton vs. Brown, someone dug up their stats for the season thus far. Brown is averaging just above 4 yards a carry (with no TDs) and Newton is at 7.5.

So there's a mantra from the mods of this site that high school stats mean very little. However, any rational person can look at Brown's stats and have questions about why scout has him as the top RB in the west. High D-1 RB prospects dominate in high school in almost all cases. Newton is doing a little better but he's only getting single digit carries in each game, which raises questions as well.

The answer: beat the shit out of Oregon, then full court press on Tre'Shawn

Or alternatively don't take a RB this cycle.
    Have to get away from giving scholies to
    prospects the staff are lukewarm on.
    Would still have Gaskin, Ahmed, McGrew,
    Pleasant, Lowe. Take two in 2019 if need
    be. Much better options in that class.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

The answer: beat the shit out of Oregon, then full court press on Tre'Shawn

Are you fucking stupid? HS stats mean absolutely fucking nothing. Any rational person who has any fucking clue knows not to look at HS ypc. For fuck's sake.

You would've fucking loved Matthias Wilson!!!

Tyler Ebell!!

Fuck off with this shit.

Also, get Tre'Shaun.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Newton is visiting this weekend. I'm assuming the staff has given up on/ passed on Brown at this point.

This news is the cause of my ED.