Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonzo Ball says 'I'm better than' fellow draft prospect Markelle Fultz

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Projecting 19 year olds into the NBA is a crapshoot. Being absolute on their future is foolish.

Fultz is a loser. Other famous losers- Michael Jordan, Lebron James. Good company.

Jordan and James didn't choose to play for a loser coach in college.

This comparison was dumb and you should feel dumb for making it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Projecting 19 year olds into the NBA is a crapshoot. Being absolute on their future is foolish.

Fultz is a loser. Other famous losers- Michael Jordan, Lebron James. Good company.

Tequila makes a good case for trading IT. It's nice that you can make a case that they could make the Finals. It's also putting a lot of stock into the Cavs last 20 regular season games. It's also ignoring that a trip to the Finals would be followed by a quick sweep by Kevin Durant and dem boyz.

I'd rather have Smart and Bradley for 40 million a year for the next 5 than IT for 30+. Without IT they have no go to scorer. But they also have Brooklyns next 2 picks and free agency. With IT they can't get stops and can't solve that problem. I'll take a worse team with a solvable problem than a better team that will never win the championship and an unsolvable problem.

And for gods sake, Ball's shot isn't broken. Broken shots don't make 41% of their 3s on 5 attempts per game. His mechanics are just janky. He might not be able to get his shot up 1 on 1 but you'd still have to play up on him, you couldn't Rondo him and play 5 feet off him because that would give him the time to get it up. His weird mechanics won't allow defenses to cheat off him and that's when it becomes a problem.

You just seriously put Fultz in the same hyphenated sentence with LeBron James and Michael Jordan?

Really?

No. Really?

Fuck.

The only common denominator is they are all black.

Jesus christ.

Again. Fuck.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I'm pretty sure Lebron has said he would have gone to Ohio State if he went to college. Now I'm not sure who their coach was at the time but it's a pretty safe bet that he wasn't a winner.
  • Options

Tequila makes a good case for trading IT. It's nice that you can make a case that they could make the Finals. It's also putting a lot of stock into the Cavs last 20 regular season games. It's also ignoring that a trip to the Finals would be followed by a quick sweep by Kevin Durant and dem boyz.

I'd rather have Smart and Bradley for 40 million a year for the next 5 than IT for 30+. Without IT they have no go to scorer. But they also have Brooklyns next 2 picks and free agency. With IT they can't get stops and can't solve that problem. I'll take a worse team with a solvable problem than a better team that will never win the championship and an unsolvable problem.

And for gods sake, Ball's shot isn't broken. Broken shots don't make 41% of their 3s on 5 attempts per game. His mechanics are just janky. He might not be able to get his shot up 1 on 1 but you'd still have to play up on him, you couldn't Rondo him and play 5 feet off him because that would give him the time to get it up. His weird mechanics won't allow defenses to cheat off him and that's when it becomes a problem.

You just seriously put Fultz in the same hyphenated sentence with LeBron James and Michael Jordan?

Really?

No. Really?

Fuck.

Jesus christ.

Again. Fuck.

Sorry if I've offended you, snowflake. Next time I'll put a trigger warning in front of any sentence that names people that have different levels of accomplishments. Go back to your safe place.
  • Options

IT > Smart and Bradley.

Not only is IT one of the best scorers in the league, Smart and Bradley don't even have a positive box plus/minus. They aren't bad but both have serious flaws to their games. Bradley is an undersized 2 with no off the dribble game. Smart can't shoot.

Isaiah is hardly the first shitty defender at PG. Kyrie Irving sucks, Curry is pretty bad, Westbrook mostly gambles and let's the opponent shoot, etc.

Draft whoever, keep Isaiah. When Isaiah's next contract runs out and Horford is gone, you hope that Fultz or whoever and Brown can be the nucleus for your next contender.
    I think the biggest difference is how bad we view ITs defense to be. I don't think he's in the same universe as Kyrie, Steph and Westbrook. If those guys get switched onto each other at the end of a game I can live with that. If Thomas winds up guarding one of them at the end of a game it's a disaster.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's also an elephant in the room regarding Gordon Heyward and whether or not he stays with Utah or not ... if he doesn't ... then Boston is a great place for him.

The argument that @allpurpleallgold makes regarding Bradley/Smart vs IT is spot on ... it's basically an either or ...

If you trade IT you are also getting an asset(s) back ... perhaps another big ...

If they end up with Ball/Fultz both of them likely are guys that need the ball in their hands ... so does IT ...

If IT was willing to take a shorter term deal or less money that might change things ...

Maybe it ultimately would be in Boston's best interest to ride out IT's contract and let him walk ...

Nothing should be set in stone at this point ... but acting like IT is untouchable is FS
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2017
    Tequilla said:

There's also an elephant in the room regarding Gordon Heyward and whether or not he stays with Utah or not ... if he doesn't ... then Boston is a great place for him.

The argument that @allpurpleallgold makes regarding Bradley/Smart vs IT is spot on ... it's basically an either or ...

If you trade IT you are also getting an asset(s) back ... perhaps another big ...

If they end up with Ball/Fultz both of them likely are guys that need the ball in their hands ... so does IT ...

If IT was willing to take a shorter term deal or less money that might change things ...

Maybe it ultimately would be in Boston's best interest to ride out IT's contract and let him walk ...

Nothing should be set in stone at this point ... but acting like IT is untouchable is FS

IT isn't untouchable, but if you put a percentage on him being traded what would it be? 5-10%? It's some Bill Simmons trade machine bullshit.

What big guy could they trade IT for? This isn't fantasy basketball. You don't get rid of 25-30 point scorers on winning teams. Winning teams almost never get rid of their best player.

They can sign a player in free agency like Hayward and will have a high pick. If they get a top 2 pick and pick Fultz/Ball, they can always trade Bradley or Smart for a role playing 4/5 before Isaiah.

They aren't going to go backwards and build for the future when they are a top 2 team in their conference right now. They can win now and build at the same time.

Fultz/Ball do need the ball, but it's going to be a few years before they are playing at a level even close to Isaiah. Both will be horrible at defense for a few years too, Ball probably his entire career.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

IT > Smart and Bradley.

Not only is IT one of the best scorers in the league, Smart and Bradley don't even have a positive box plus/minus. They aren't bad but both have serious flaws to their games. Bradley is an undersized 2 with no off the dribble game. Smart can't shoot.

Isaiah is hardly the first shitty defender at PG. Kyrie Irving sucks, Curry is pretty bad, Westbrook mostly gambles and let's the opponent shoot, etc.

Draft whoever, keep Isaiah. When Isaiah's next contract runs out and Horford is gone, you hope that Fultz or whoever and Brown can be the nucleus for your next contender.
    I think the biggest difference is how bad we view ITs defense to be. I don't think he's in the same universe as Kyrie, Steph and Westbrook. If those guys get switched onto each other at the end of a game I can live with that. If Thomas winds up guarding one of them at the end of a game it's a disaster.
    Westbrook doesn't really deserve to be listed. His issues in defense are because he needs to pace himself. In crunch time, he's solid.

Curry and Irving are horrible though. Lillard is another. It's still the 5'9" bullshit. Nobody advocates trading Irving or Lillard. Nobody said the Suns should trade Steve Nash. They all sucked at defense just like Isaiah.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure Lebron has said he would have gone to Ohio State if he went to college. Now I'm not sure who their coach was at the time but it's a pretty safe bet that he wasn't a winner.
    You would be wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O'Brien_(basketball,_born_1950)#Head_coach_at_Ohio_State
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    Swaye's Wigwam

You would be wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O'Brien_(basketball,_born_1950)#Head_coach_at_Ohio_State
    Wrong coach

• Options
    edited March 2017

Really?

No. Really?

Fuck.

Jesus christ.

Again. Fuck.

Sorry if I've offended you, snowflake. Next time I'll put a trigger warning in front of any sentence that names people that have different levels of accomplishments. Go back to your safe place.
    Snowflake?

I'd rather be labelled as a one of a kind creation than a ignorant fucking idiot.

Thanks!

You ignorant fucking idiot.

I could give a fuck about the Celtics - but putting Fultz in with Jordan and LeBron to try to prove a point. Ignorant, hyperbolic drivel.

Go straight throwing Hitler or Nazis in there if you really want to get to a thread closer. It saves everyone time.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Really?

No. Really?

Fuck.

Jesus christ.

Again. Fuck.

Snowflake?

I'd rather be labelled as a one of a kind creation than a ignorant fucking idiot.

Thanks!

I could give a fuck about the Celtics - but putting Fultz in with Jordan and LeBron to try to prove a point. Ignorant, hyperbolic drivel.

Go straight throwing Hitler or Nazis in there if you really want to get to a thread closer. It saves everyone time.

This is retard shit. Michael Jordan, Lebron James and Markelle Fultz all received the label loser early in their career. Tell me what's wrong with this statement? The point isn't that Fultz is going to be one of the best two players to ever play the game, it's that judging players to be winners and losers when they're young is foolish.

Peyton Manning was a loser.
    Dirk Nowitzki was a loser.
    Carmelo Anthony was a winner.
    Alex Rodriguez was a loser.

Kevin Love was a good stats bad team guy and then he did all the dirty work in game 7 of the NBA Finals.

The point is we make these snap judgements about players that often turn out to be wrong. If you had a fucking brain you could put that together. Instead you're a child stomping your feet in the middle of the grocery store because an adult said something you don't understand.

You're so stupid that you don't even see that you're the one that brought up Hitler to make your point.

Now go back to playing checkers, the chess tables are full.

Game. Blouses.
  • Options

Really?

No. Really?

Fuck.

Jesus christ.

Again. Fuck.

Snowflake?

Thanks!

This is retard shit. Michael Jordan, Lebron James and Markelle Fultz all received the label loser early in their career. Tell me what's wrong with this statement? The point isn't that Fultz is going to be one of the best two players to ever play the game, it's that judging players to be winners and losers when they're young is foolish.

Kevin Love was a good stats bad team guy and then he did all the dirty work in game 7 of the NBA Finals.

The point is we make these snap judgements about players that often turn out to be wrong. If you had a fucking brain you could put that together. Instead you're a child stomping your feet in the middle of the grocery store because an adult said something you don't understand.

You're so stupid that you don't even see that you're the one that brought up Hitler to make your point.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate to see my parents fight
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Hi retard. This was a thread about choosing to be a loser in college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTX5rD0lNeY
  • Options

Fuck....that means you're the offspring of that slutty DG i banged in the late 80's.

Haven't seen her since she made the walk of shame.

• Options

Fuck....that means you're the offspring of that slutty DG i banged in the late 80's.

Race was there.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Race was there.
    Best 36 seconds of my life. And kudos to @RaceBannon for winning the little swimmer competition.