Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonzo Ball says 'I'm better than' fellow draft prospect Markelle Fultz

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    He's right.

Fultz is a loser.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ball is the safer pick, but he won't be more than the next Ricky Rubio if he doesn't fix his shot.

Fultz has the bigger upside, but nobody is going to make him an NBA point guard with his turnover rate.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fultz is going to be an all star, Ball will be an average starter.

Broken shot is broken.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ball is the safer pick, but he won't be more than the next Ricky Rubio if he doesn't fix his shot.

Fultz has the bigger upside, but nobody is going to make him an NBA point guard with his turnover rate.

I think Fultz is actually the safer pick. He will put up 20+ per game quickly in the NBA and with coaching there is no reason for him not to be a solid defender.

His assist to turnover ration was almost 2:1. It wasn't horrible for his usage at UW, not to mention how many assists the shitty UW players probably blew.

I think there is a wider range of outcomes for Ball.

How much will he score? He's likely going to be shitty on defense so if he can't put up big numbers scoring, his ceiling isn't that high. He's still valuable because he sees the court at an elite level.

Both will be good and I can see both sides. I think Fultz is the more likely star.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?
    I have a well documented history of hating players with broken jumpers.

See Wroten, Tony for details.

Ball > Wroten, but his shot is still ugly as hell. His dad's not doing him any favors either.

He'll be a disappointment to whoever drafts him second.
    This draft class is actually terrible if Fultz and Ball are the two best players.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

Ball > Wroten, but his shot is still ugly as hell. His dad's not doing him any favors either.

This draft class is actually terrible if Fultz and Ball are the two best players.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but I think the class is actually really good, Ball's just the anomoly. Some love him for intangibles and he's a legitimately great passer, but I don't think that shot plays at the next level.

But the over/under is five all stars from this class. My Dookie, Josh Jackson, the two Kentucky kids (I think I like Fox better than Monk), Fultz - it's a hell of a class. I wouldn't take Ball top 5.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

I know you're being sarcastic, but I think the class is actually really good, Ball's just the anomoly. Some love him for intangibles and he's a legitimately great passer, but I don't think that shot plays at the next level.

But the over/under is five all stars from this class. My Dookie, Josh Jackson, the two Kentucky kids (I think I like Fox better than Monk), Fultz - it's a hell of a class. I wouldn't take Ball top 5.
    Your Dookie is no all star. Fultz is the only one I would feel confident predicting as an all star at some point.

It's hard to predict. I like Fox a lot, but there are a ton of good PG's in the NBA and there will continue to be more. He can't shoot yet either.

I like Jackson too, but it's hard seeing him as an all star.
  • Options
    phineas said:

Anytime I turned on a husky game martel folks was injured. No clue what this guy even looks like. I expect as much out of his nba career.

Chinned for Martel Folks

In his defense he actually played in 25 of 31 games so I think it had more to do with the fact you were smart enough to avoid this season's shit show than Fultz's injuries
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

Your Dookie is no all star. Fultz is the only one I would feel confident predicting as an all star at some point.

It's hard to predict. I like Fox a lot, but there are a ton of good PG's in the NBA and there will continue to be more. He can't shoot yet either.

Disagree.

The deuce I just dropped is real, and it's spectacular.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Neither makes an All-Star game more than maybe once or twice in their career.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

Your homering for Fultz is so cute though.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

Disagree.

The deuce I just dropped is real, and it's spectacular.
    You know why
  • Options

Neither makes an All-Star game more than maybe once or twice in their career.

Disagree if Fultz goes to the Eastern Conference as I expect. If he ends up in the west then I agree. But Kemba Walker was an eastern conference all star this year. Fultz can be better than Walker.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Broken shot is broken.

Homer much?

Obama's shot is shit too. Never forget that. Shit.