Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lonzo Ball says 'I'm better than' fellow draft prospect Markelle Fultz

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter

This thread has aids.

You have aids if you are against yoga pants.

Fag.
  • Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524

This thread has aids.

Fag.
    Wrong thread, dipshit.
    edited March 2017

This thread has aids.

This thread has aids.

Fag.
    Wrong thread, dipshit.
    If you can't respect a good threadjack attempt, yoga pants and sidebars, you don't have this place as dialed in as you think you do.

Again

Fag.

• Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524

This thread has aids.

This thread has aids.

Fag.
    Wrong thread, dipshit.
    If you can't respect a good threadjack attempt, yoga pants and sidebars, you don't have this place as dialed in as you think you do.

Again

Fag.

Kill your self.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2017
    Tequilla said:

Just goes to show how short term some of you think ...

Boston's window isn't the next few years ... it is the next decade ...

Their next core is this pick plus Jaylen Brown ...

If they draft Fultz/Ball they are moving a guard for likely front court help ...

IT has one year left on his deal and will likely be trying to get a 4-5 year deal in the 30-35 million plus range ...

If you were a NBA GM ... would you be interested in banking the balance of your cap on an undersized guard that can be a defensive liability for a team whose calling card is defense? Particularly when you could likely sign both Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart for similar cap space? Sign IT and you assuredly lose one if not both ...

These are the difficult decisions that GMs face on players ... Boston will never be able to get more for IT than right now ...

It's what the Pats would do ... sell a year early versus a year too late

You don't take a chance on what "might" happen in the future when you can win right now.

Cleveland's window is closing. There isn't another team in the East. If you trade for the future, that could change. Other teams will mature and/or add big free agents.

What's more likely if they get Fultz/Ball (and they could always pick Jackson, Tatum, or another player, especially if they don't get the 1st pick), is to trade Smart and/or Bradley before they have to pay them an extension.

Both Smart and Bradley are $15-20 million players anyways. That sounds crazy, but based on last year's free agent contracts, that is what they will cost.

The time is now. You also still have another year of Isaiah with his current contract.

This thread has aids.

This thread has aids.

Fag.
    Wrong thread, dipshit.

Again

Fag.

Kill your* self.
    *yo
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2017
    BTW, the Pats won two rings maybe three before they started "selling a year early". Boston isn't going to start selling a year early before they get to the top. You only do that when you're a) at the top and trying to sustain that for a long time or b) trying to rebuild, Boston isn't at the top, and they aren't trying to rebuild. They have plenty of future assets, they signed Horford this offseason because they want to win now.

IT isn't going anywhere.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

This thread has aids.

This thread has aids.

Fag.
    Wrong thread, dipshit.

Again

Fag.

Kill your self.
    Lemon Party?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

BTW, the Pats won two rings maybe three before they started "selling a year early". Boston isn't going to start selling a year early before they get to the top. You only do that when you're a) at the top and trying to sustain that for a long time or b) trying to rebuild, Boston isn't at the top, and they aren't trying to rebuild. They have plenty of future assets, they signed Horford this offseason because they want to win now.

IT isn't going anywhere.

You have to sell in the NFL.

In the NBA, not so much.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Projecting 19 year olds into the NBA is a crapshoot. Being absolute on their future is foolish.

Fultz is a loser. Other famous losers- Michael Jordan, Lebron James. Good company.

Tequila makes a good case for trading IT. It's nice that you can make a case that they could make the Finals. It's also putting a lot of stock into the Cavs last 20 regular season games. It's also ignoring that a trip to the Finals would be followed by a quick sweep by Kevin Durant and dem boyz.

I'd rather have Smart and Bradley for 40 million a year for the next 5 than IT for 30+. Without IT they have no go to scorer. But they also have Brooklyns next 2 picks and free agency. With IT they can't get stops and can't solve that problem. I'll take a worse team with a solvable problem than a better team that will never win the championship and an unsolvable problem.

And for gods sake, Ball's shot isn't broken. Broken shots don't make 41% of their 3s on 5 attempts per game. His mechanics are just janky. He might not be able to get his shot up 1 on 1 but you'd still have to play up on him, you couldn't Rondo him and play 5 feet off him because that would give him the time to get it up. His weird mechanics won't allow defenses to cheat off him and that's when it becomes a problem.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited March 2017
    Ball will be a marginal player in the league. He shoots low and like a retarded kid and won't be able to get inside and do anything at the next level. He can handle when He wants to and is a great passer.

But He'll be out of the league in 5 years.

Book it.

Projecting 19 year olds into the NBA is a crapshoot. Being absolute on their future is foolish.

Fultz is a loser. Other famous losers- Michael Jordan, Lebron James. Good company.

Tequila makes a good case for trading IT. It's nice that you can make a case that they could make the Finals. It's also putting a lot of stock into the Cavs last 20 regular season games. It's also ignoring that a trip to the Finals would be followed by a quick sweep by Kevin Durant and dem boyz.

I'd rather have Smart and Bradley for 40 million a year for the next 5 than IT for 30+. Without IT they have no go to scorer. But they also have Brooklyns next 2 picks and free agency. With IT they can't get stops and can't solve that problem. I'll take a worse team with a solvable problem than a better team that will never win the championship and an unsolvable problem.

And for gods sake, Ball's shot isn't broken. Broken shots don't make 41% of their 3s on 5 attempts per game. His mechanics are just janky. He might not be able to get his shot up 1 on 1 but you'd still have to play up on him, you couldn't Rondo him and play 5 feet off him because that would give him the time to get it up. His weird mechanics won't allow defenses to cheat off him and that's when it becomes a problem.

Janky is a better word for it.

As far as IT is concerned, I don't think they'll make the Finals, but if they do they'll get their ass kicked without question.

You make a good case for why they should move on from IT. I still don't think they will. We'll see.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Neither makes an All-Star game more than maybe once or twice in their career.

Disagree if Fultz goes to the Eastern Conference as I expect. If he ends up in the west then I agree. But Kemba Walker was an eastern conference all star this year. Fultz can be better than Walker.
    So he can MAYBE beat out the worst guy on the East team?

Dude, they're both good role players. Probably starters since they'll be drafted by a shit team. But All-Stars? Nope.
    Not maybe. He can. And will.

If he goes to the Eastern Conference I'd take the over at 3.5 ASG's. Get all the screenshots you need.

He's going to score 22 a game with six or seven assists for a decade. He's probably not a superstar but he'll be a star rather easily, baring injury of course.
    Will he put up numbers for a loser team? Sure.

That's not the same as being recognized as one of the best in the game.
    Hopefully he'll be putting numbers up for Boston. They've got like a 25% shot at getting him. Him and IT would be a fun combo.

In the more likely event that doesn't happen, yeah he'll probably be putting up numbers on a shit team, at least for awhile. Like most top picks.
    Queery,

Whose pick does Boston have?

I thought Fultz was locked in as a top 5 pick?
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Disagree if Fultz goes to the Eastern Conference as I expect. If he ends up in the west then I agree. But Kemba Walker was an eastern conference all star this year. Fultz can be better than Walker.

Dude, they're both good role players. Probably starters since they'll be drafted by a shit team. But All-Stars? Nope.

If he goes to the Eastern Conference I'd take the over at 3.5 ASG's. Get all the screenshots you need.

He's going to score 22 a game with six or seven assists for a decade. He's probably not a superstar but he'll be a star rather easily, baring injury of course.

Hopefully he'll be putting numbers up for Boston. They've got like a 25% shot at getting him. Him and IT would be a fun combo.

In the more likely event that doesn't happen, yeah he'll probably be putting up numbers on a shit team, at least for awhile. Like most top picks.
    Queery,

Boston has NJ's pick (or the right to swap with NJ I think). NJ is basically assured of the best lottery odds (25%). So Boston has the best shot at the #1 pick, but most likely will pick somewhere near the top just not #1.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

IT > Smart and Bradley.

Not only is IT one of the best scorers in the league, Smart and Bradley don't even have a positive box plus/minus. They aren't bad but both have serious flaws to their games. Bradley is an undersized 2 with no off the dribble game. Smart can't shoot.

Isaiah is hardly the first shitty defender at PG. Kyrie Irving sucks, Curry is pretty bad, Westbrook mostly gambles and let's the opponent shoot, etc.

Draft whoever, keep Isaiah. When Isaiah's next contract runs out and Horford is gone, you hope that Fultz or whoever and Brown can be the nucleus for your next contender.
    Winner
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Queery,

Boston has NJ's pick (or the right to swap with NJ I think). NJ is basically assured of the best lottery odds (25%). So Boston has the best shot at the #1 pick, but most likely will pick somewhere near the top just not #1.
    Thanks in arrears. (faggy wink here)