Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looking Like Recruiting Class is 100% Gone ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
If a leading Scout recruiting analyst (Josh Gershon) is to be believed from what I've heard through the grapevine ... both Davis and Nowell are out ...

Looks like the Seattle hoops community is flexing its muscle and protesting the Romar firing by giving Hopkins absolutely no chance out of the gate ...

Also an example of what happens when you let someone stay in a position too long and poison the waters ...

Also an example that things are going to be a challenge at least in the short term ...

Even more kudos IMO to Cohen for making this call knowing that regardless of when she pulled the plug on Romar that it was going to be ugly so might as well start it immediately and get the pain started ...

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Davis will go to Gonzaga Nowell to Oregon
  • Options

You'd think a good man like Romar would have stepped up and tried to help the university that has done so much for him.

Publicly Romar and his supporters are putting out that line ...

Behind closed doors ... does not appear to be the case
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just want some more tears from @206Hoops
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought Hopkins was a great recruiter? Can't even convince the local guys to stay.

SAD.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

I thought Hopkins was a great recruiter? Can't even convince the local guys to stay.

SAD.

Maybe they need to get bitch slapped that UW is no longer the safe fall-back school at their beck and call.

Lots of schools win without access to local talent. Sean Elliott is about the only 'great' I've ever heard come out of Tucson.

• Options

SAD.

Maybe they need to get bitch slapped that UW is no longer the safe fall-back school at their beck and call.

Lots of schools win without access to local talent. Sean Elliott is about the only 'great' I've ever heard come out of Tucson.

Top talent is top talent, local or not.

The fact that they are local should make the sales job that much easier, especially for an alleged great recruiter.

If he pulls talent from the other side of the country or some foreigner, fine. But he just lost 2 top guys from our back yard. Unless he has a replacement lined up, this is a fail.
  • Options
    Davis sucks ... so that's not a huge loss imo if he leaves ...

I'd prefer to have Nowell in the program than not ... but he's far from irreplaceable
  • Options

SAD.

The fact that they are local should make the sales job that much easier, especially for an alleged great recruiter.

If he pulls talent from the other side of the country or some foreigner, fine. But he just lost 2 top guys from our back yard. Unless he has a replacement lined up, this is a fail.
    There are dozens of 6'3", 6'4" shooting guards in this country. There are hundreds in Serbia or the Ukraine. LIFPO.

UW lost Trier and Cunnliffe too before that. Big deal.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'd prefer to have Nowell in the program than not ... but he's far from irreplaceable

Losing the best local players is a good thing. Got it.
  • Options

SAD.

There are dozens of 6'3", 6'4" shooting guards in this country. There are hundreds in Serbia or the Ukraine. LIFPO.

Trier didn't go to HS in Seattle, and Cunliffe is a faggot.

What else you got?
  • Options
    Never said that ... just saying that if they don't want to be here then whatever ...

At this point way more important that any recruit that joins buys in than anything else ...

The culture change needs to happen before anything else
  • Options

SAD.

Trier didn't go to HS in Seattle, and Cunliffe is a faggot.

What else you got?
    Cunliffe is a headcase. Agreed.

Losing Davis is not a big deal. There are dozens like him.

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

So you're saying WDWTA?
  • Options
    I'm not saying WDWTA

What I'm saying is that if we learned anything from the Sark to Pete transition it is that a culture change can take up to 2 full seasons ... we were slightly helped here in that there were a number of our top players that bought in pretty quickly because they saw Sark for what he was ...

The problem with Romar is that so many think that he walked in water (insanely stupid) ... so I am not losing sleep by anybody leaving or not wanting to show up because they don't want to buy in ...

We will have short-term problems next year from a depleted roster and TBD challenges from recruiting locally ... we may have some opportunities in having a large recruiting class in 2018 and/or 2019 full of people that buy into what we are selling
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    phineas said:

I'm shocked that people are shocked that kids would want to leave after the coach who got them there was fired.

Newsflash: those kids don't give a fuck about washington. So fuck them. Get some guys in there who are committed to the school, not some loser head coach who loses to yale.

There's that doog talk again.