Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Petersen a top 3 college football coach?

Comments

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    edited March 2017
    No

Petrino is the man. It's like if sark was actually a good coach.

Petrino is good but he doesnt see year 3 in Seattle. As has been poasted Petersen is great but not top 3 for me. However as a fit for UW I think he is #1.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Top three no, mount Rushmore you bet. Saban and Meyer are no brainers. I'd put Harbaugh at three, but knowing that it's a 5 year marriage before he looks for his next challenge.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Yes
    Question for the old timers of the bored: How many of you considered DJ a "top 3" coach prior to '91? Seems like the rebuilding years of the later 80's would have had some doubters despite the 1984 quasi natty.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    No
    Nope. I agree with Boobs. The whole philosophy
    of HH is just win. Until Petersen wins it all it's Dabo,
    Urban and Saban in any order. Love Coach Pete
    though. He's top of my second tier.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    No

One of my favorite reoccurring themes here is that an active coach with 3 Pac titles in 6 seasons, 2 Rose Bowl Wins, and 4 Top 10 finishes gets no love from HH. That there is some funny chit.

One playoff loss > two consolation Rose Bowl wins.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    He's top tier, and I think will be top 3, but not yet. The top two guys have a lock on their spots. #3 has to go to the guy who went to back to back championships and won one. Petersen sits in the next tier until he exceeds the accomplishments of Sweeney...or falls out of that tier due to inability to repeat 2016 regularly.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    No
    Shaw sucks ... that's why he isn't on the list
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

Agreed. But the Tree have not regressed as many expected post Harbaugh.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

Six years of data says otherwise. Shaw is a good, not great coach. End of discussion.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    Yes
    He's 119-24 as Head Coach and has won his conference 6 times while finishing in the Top 10 five times in 10 seasons.

Would love to see what he could do with the Jimmys and Joes Dabo has.

I've always supported Petersen, was over the moon about the hire and still am. Would love to see the Huskies in the Rose Bowl (never been to one) for all of the marbles down the road.
    Yes

One of my favorite reoccurring themes here is that an active coach with 3 Pac titles in 6 seasons, 2 Rose Bowl Wins, and 4 Top 10 finishes gets no love from HH. That there is some funny chit.

Same with Stoops. 3 title appeances, one win. Consistently pumps out 10+ win seasons. Made the playoff the year before UW did. He's not even mentioned by most.
    It is kind of interesting how he's lost a bit of his luster. He kinda suffers from having peaked so early - i.e., natty in year 2. I think he's also benefited of late from being the big fish in a small pond with Texas being shitty. I wonder how Stoops would have faired if he was in Les Miles's shoes.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    No
    dnc said:

You can't place someone in the top 3 who hasn't even yet eclipsed Slingblade's acheevments. To be top 3 he would need to be higher ranked than Saban, Urban, Harbaugh. Not going to happen.

You'd piss all over Heldrich's "accomplishments" to have Petersen as your coach.

PS Petersen > Harbaugh
    Win a playoff game then pop off.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    No

dnc said:

You can't place someone in the top 3 who hasn't even yet eclipsed Slingblade's acheevments. To be top 3 he would need to be higher ranked than Saban, Urban, Harbaugh. Not going to happen.

You'd piss all over Heldrich's "accomplishments" to have Petersen as your coach.

PS Petersen > Harbaugh
    Harbaugh's never won a college playoff game either, and 12 of 32 NFL teams make the playoffs rather than 4 of 100+, so please don't pretend that somehow counts the same.
    No
    dnc said:

dnc said:

PS Petersen > Harbaugh
    Harbaugh's never won a college playoff game either, and 12 of 32 NFL teams make the playoffs rather than 4 of 100+, so please don't pretend that somehow counts the same.
    Harbaugh >>>>>>>>>>>> Petersen. Petersen's fuskies won the PAC on a down year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2017
    No

dnc said:

dnc said:

PS Petersen > Harbaugh
    Harbaugh >>>>>>>>>>>> Petersen. Petersen's fuskies won the PAC on a down year.
    You're dumber than I thought.

Petersen has won a major conference in CFB once in 3 tries. Harbaugh has won a major CFB conference zero times in 6 tries. But Harbaugh's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pete.

No
    Harbaugh had to deal with Chip Kelly. Petersen had to deal with Slingblade and David Shaw. HTH.