Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Generational Power Rankings Post Greatest Generation

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Race is right, you know. Everyone else is irrelevant.

Millennials have issues but the potential is there. We'll figure it out.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Race is right, you know. Everyone else is irrelevant.

Millennials have issues but the potential is there. We'll figure it out.

Are your mommies going to help you?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    The Greatest Generation had to beat the Doughboy Generation just to get into the title gayme
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    AZDuck said:

The Greatest Generation had to beat the Doughboy Generation just to get into the title gayme

REAL Greatest Generation preceded the Doughboy Generation

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Arguing about which generation is better? Really? Fuck, it's like BM never died.

I left the GG out in his honor

BearsWiin said:

AZDuck said:

From a raw statistical standpoint - in this case military age men killed in war, per capita - they are the greatest generation of Americans and it's not even close. If you want a Tuff SEC/ACC type stat, consider that no other nation in modern history - except for Serbia in WWI - lost a higher percentage of their military age men in war than the CSA did from 1861- 65. Not Russia in WWI or WWII. Not France in the Napoleonic Wars and WWI. Not Germany or Japan, etc, etc, ec.

GG 1-0-1 .750 winning percentage

CSA 0-1 .000 winning percentage

Insert John McCain is a loser comments here.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,515 Founders Club

dnc said:

Of course we're cool. We were raised by video games...the best upbringing of a generation since WWII and Korean War vets raised the Baby Boomers.

So was Gen X
    Sure, but Gen X was a bit older in the 1990s when video games became widespread and played by most kids, including girls.
    Sorry bruh, once little Jimmy Freddy Savage made a movie about video games, gen x girls were all up on it. hth

Okay, if you are a Gen X born near the cusp (late 70s, early 80s), you can sit at our lunch table. In fact, anyone can sit our table. Except OBK. He called us faggots.
    I want to sit across the cafeteria from the Millennial table.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

BearsWiin said:

AZDuck said:

From a raw statistical standpoint - in this case military age men killed in war, per capita - they are the greatest generation of Americans and it's not even close. If you want a Tuff SEC/ACC type stat, consider that no other nation in modern history - except for Serbia in WWI - lost a higher percentage of their military age men in war than the CSA did from 1861- 65. Not Russia in WWI or WWII. Not France in the Napoleonic Wars and WWI. Not Germany or Japan, etc, etc, ec.
    Fuck the Confederacy. Treason in defense of slavery.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,895 Founders Club
    I like the CSA because they had a dope flag and stood up and died for what they believe in, which is more than any of you can say. I don't even think slavery is that bad as long as it's not just blacks being slaves.

Gonna disagree with race saying millennials aren't #1 all time. We started facebook and dub step. That's way better than winning a war (or losing as in the boomers' case) and smart of us not to die in combat. We are advanced.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    PurpleJ said:

I like the CSA because they had a dope flag and stood up and died for what they believe in, which is more than any of you can say. I don't even think slavery is that bad as long as it's not just blacks being slaves.

Gonna disagree with race saying millennials aren't #1 all time. We started facebook and dub step. That's way better than winning a war (or losing as in the boomers' case) and smart of us not to die in combat. We are advanced.

Starting Facebook isn't an achievement.

PurpleJ said:

Starting Facebook isn't an achievement.
    It isn't? It's the most revolutionary thing anyone has done to improve communication and interconnectedness.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    How many boomers and gen x guys started facebook? That's what I thought.
    edited March 2017
    PurpleJ said:

Except the Winklevoss twins were born in 1981 which is largely considered as part of GenX

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:

Except the Winklevoss twins were born in 1981 which is largely considered as part of GenX

We didn't want them anyway.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2017

PurpleJ said:

There's some disagreement, but many place the divide at Dec 31, 1980. The Winklevii are in the gray area.

Per your link:
    Many researchers and demographers continue to use dates which correspond to the strict fertility patterns in the population, which results in a Generation X starting date of 1965, such as Pew Research Center which uses a range of 1965–1980,[13] MetLife which uses 1965–1976,[3] Australia’s McCrindle Research Center which uses 1965–1979,[14] and Gallup which also uses 1965–1979.[15]

Author Jeff Gordinier, in his 2008 book X Saves the World, defines Generation X as those born roughly between 1961–1977 but possibly as late as 1980.[20] Canadian author and professor David Foot divides the post-boomer generation into two groups: Generation X, born between 1960 and 1966; and the "Bust Generation", born between 1967 and 1979, In his book Boom Bust & Echo: How to Profit from the Coming Demographic Shift.
    Seems that the majority would place the tWinklevosses' as Millenials.