Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bryan Addison, 4* 2018 WR/S, Gardena (Serra), CA (Offered 5/16/17)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Also, both Funa and Ware-Hudson were out all last year, so its hard to know how hard our coaches were pushing for them without Junior film.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@oregonblitzkrieg KABOOOOM! The flip of Williams is complete! Smart kid with a real opportunity to go to UW over Oregon. That's what happens! WOOOOOOO! YEAH BUDDY! GO DAWGS!

Kaboom is what the USC fags on the Trojan board do, don't they? You like to suck their dicks, but you're not a Trojan, so I guess that means you're just a fag. We bagged Addison, so eat shit. You went to the playoffs in 2016. Speaks volumes that you're being out-recruited by Oregon. That's what happens when you harness the power of the #sizzle, fuckass.
    You sound angry.
    Why would I be angry we're out-recruiting you? It's to be expected. It comes with the territory of being a winner with a strong resume and solid body of work.

#BuildingABlueblood
    Who are you beating for recruits? Last time I checked UW is beating USC and Notre Dame for the guys they're getting. You can't fool me with bullshit star rankings. I pay attention to who is actually recruiting who. Sean Dollars: UW and SC passed. Jeremiah Criddell: UW and SC passed. Josh Delgado: UW and SC passed. Mycah Pittman: UW and SC passed. Keyon Ware Hudson: UW and SC passed. Mase Funa: SC keeping on the back burner until he proves his knee isn't fucked up long term. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu: UW never recruited, SC passed in favor of Sean Rhyan and Jonah T and whoever else they're recruiting for O-line.

As long as Oregon isn't beating USC and UW and other top programs for recruits all they're doing is scooping up the most overrated 4-star recruits out of the 300 recruits they offer that are not highly coveted by the top programs. It's a clever ruse but UW fans with a brain aren't falling for it which I know infuriates you because you so desperately want to believe the Oregon glory days will be back soon because of recruiting rankings and that won't be the case. Star rankings got you all gassed up and feeling good again but UW will be the team to beat in the North for years to come and that reality will eventually set in after a couple more beat downs like the last two seasons.
    Actually, UW did want Dollars, Criddell, Delgado, Pittman, KWH, and Mase Funa all up until your coaches, who suck at recruiting btw, realized they weren't getting them and decided to go full WDWHA? LMAO Okay, buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Us Ducks fans all know you're scared of what the staff is doing, but the fact that you're trying to deny the recruiting process of the staff is even more hilarious.

Also, I'm just really confused on how kids should be choosing UW over UO? It's not like we're a national brand and had a coach who innovated college football and made it to a couple title games or something, meanwhile owning your garbage asses for 12 straight. I know it took a number on your mental health and it has forever traumatized your fan base which is lovely, but for some reason, I'm getting the sense that you're scared it's going to happen again.
    Simply put, no they didn't.

After Cameron Davis committed to UW, Dollars was dropped. He didn't have UW or USC as options when he committed to Oregon.

Criddell, Delgado, and Pittman are all UW leftovers. All prioritized UW over Oregon in their recruitment and wanted to be Dawgs but unfortunately for them UW didn't prioritize them over other recruits at their position which allowed Oregon to feast on UW's scraps. Doesn't mean all those guys suck. I think Pittman and Delgado will be good players. But they're UW leftovers nonetheless.

Keyon Ware-Hudson admitted UW and USC weren't recruiting him when he committed to Oregon. He's overrated. 247 has him rated as a mid 3-star which is more accurate. He's not good enough to be in the D-line class UW will sign.

Mase Funa got broke off. His knee injury while paying rugby was reportedly "gruesome". Nobody good is going all in on him until they see him make a full recovery. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as insurance but will be a Trojan if SC wants him in the end.

Yeah our coaches really suck at recruiting. Sure buddy. They've been beating SC and Notre Dame for guys like Sama Paama, Asa Turner, and Cameron Williams. Only west coast school to make Faatui Tuitele's top 5. Likely the favorite for 4* tackle Julius Buelow, 4* DE Stephon Wright, 4* DT Jacob Bandes, 4* tackle Enokk Vimahi, 4* LB Daniel Heimuli, 4* LB Maninoa Tafuno, and soon to be 4* Bralen Trice. Top 3 school for Siaki Ika (Oregon has no chance). Top 2 school for 4-star (but should be 5-star) WR Joe Ngata. Oh and those are all actual 4-star guys who are coveted by big-time schools. Most of the "4-star" guys Oregon is getting are not coveted by big-time schools and the vast majority certainly weren't coveted by UW and SC.

Really? Your confused as to why kids should be choosing UW over Oregon. Let's see better academics, far superior head coach and coaching staff, better player development, far more NFL draft success the past 5 years, far more coaching stability, proven success on the field, better and bigger stadium, better city, better campus, better surrounding environment, a clear upward program trajectory, and 108-24. That about sums is up.
    WE GOT A HAT ON THE TABLE!!1!!!11!1!1!!!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

How is Addison a big drop?

He's a better defensive back than WR. If he plays WR for Oregon he's not as good as Hall. If he plays DB, he might be a better pickup. I was under the impression he was gonna play on the offensive side for you, if that's wrong I'll take back the comment.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Oregon had its Sark moment. He lasted only one year and he gone now.

No, you had your Neu moment. Now you're in the Gilby era. Below is the guide to your next 11 years of football:

James (best coach);
    Lambo (coordinate of best coach who sees team drop off);
    Neu (flashy, young, hype machine);
    Gilby (bizarre stop-gap hire);
    Ty (comportment);
    Sark (eternal 7-6);
    Pete (finally caring about football again)

Chip (best coach);
    Helfrich (coordinate of best coach who sees team drop off);
    Willie (flashy, young, hype machine);
    Crisco (bizarre stop-gap hire);
    ?? (comportment);
    ?? (eternal 7-6);
    ?? (finally caring about football again)
    Ho lee shit. I honestly don’t disagree.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    The debate over whether UW dropped those guys or got outrecruited is silly because none of us were in the room where it happened.

The important point is that whichever way it is these are kids that would have been in the bottom half of UW's class. So who cares if UO beat UW or if UW dropped out, UW will get other kids of equivalent potential.

Wake me up when UO steals a Ngata, Kaho, or Irvin type.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The debate over whether UW dropped those guys or got outrecruited is silly because none of us were in the room where it happened.

The important point is that whichever way it is these are kids that would have been in the bottom half of UW's class. So who cares if UO beat UW or if UW dropped out, UW will get other kids of equivalent potential.

I agree with your opening sentence for sure, though I do think a little tea leaf reading suggests we let Delgado and Pittman go without much pursuit, at least, and almost certainly pulled Dollars' offer.

I think it's tougher to say with Criddell and Funa who I think we would have happily taken. But to your point, I definitely don't know that for sure.

As for the bottom half comment, again certainly true with Dollars, probably true with the two wideouts, but had we gotten commits from Criddell and Funa I don't think I'd have them in the bottom half of the eventual class.

Awful early for February. We have to close really strong to have a class that comes anywhere close to last year's. It certainly looks like we can. Buelow would be a great step in that direction.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

I agree with your opening sentence for sure, though I do think a little tea leaf reading suggests we let Delgado and Pittman go without much pursuit, at least, and almost certainly pulled Dollars' offer.

I think it's tougher to say with Criddell and Funa who I think we would have happily taken. But to your point, I definitely don't know that for sure.

As for the bottom half comment, again certainly true with Dollars, probably true with the two wideouts, but had we gotten commits from Criddell and Funa I don't think I'd have them in the bottom half of the eventual class.

Awful early for February. We have to close really strong to have a class that comes anywhere close to last year's. It certainly looks like we can. Buelow would be a great step in that direction.
    Agreed that Criddell is the best of the lot. He is probably a top half of the class guy overall but looking at DBs specifically he does not stand out. With a likely class of Spam Chancellor, KamFab, @alopeciadawg, and Chase I am not gnashing my teeth over Criddell.

Funa- meh. Maybe he has a full recovery (who is our resident HH surgeon again?) but UW isn't at a point where they need to take risks on kids like that anymore.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Bottom line is Oregon can conceivably land in the top 10 of recruiting. We can analyze each recruit and come up with reasons why they are overrated. Yadda, Yadda.

As a collective, the class is going to massively improve Oregon. S&C is an emphasis as much as y’all hate Feld, it’s being prioritized.

UW did not not occupy my head when Oregon ran off the steak. The reason why Husky forums are so Oregon focused is because you know it’s going to be a battle every year. Especially once it’s the roster is all Petersen try hards.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Bottom line is Oregon can conceivably land in the top 10 of recruiting. We can analyze each recruit and come up with reasons why they are overrated. Yadda, Yadda.

As a collective, the class is going to massively improve Oregon. S&C is an emphasis as much as y’all hate Feld, it’s being prioritized.

UW did not not occupy my head when Oregon ran off the steak. The reason why Husky forums are so Oregon focused is because you know it’s going to be a battle every year. Especially once it’s the roster is all Petersen try hards.

The roster is now 100% Petersen recruits. So you'll get to see what that looks like this season. Seems to me Oregon struggles when playing OKGs.