Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your most average, mediocre, middle-of-the-road type of moment in athletic competition?

Comments

• Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I fouled Kevin Love once in 7th grade
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Knocked three first basemen out of beer league softball games, wrist, knee and sternum. Sternum guy required medical attention because he thought the line drive I hit off his chest induced a heart attack
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,271
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019
    Being first or second loser in my age group a couple of times in 5K Turkey Trots. They give medals and gift certs!

In a stupid corporate team building "Olympics" we had a paper airplane competition, where the one which traveled the furthest won. I took my paper and crumbled it into a ball and threw it further than everyone else's airplane. I was disqualified.

In a country club golf tourney playoff, teeing off and massively hooking the ball to the left, across a road, hitting a fence, having the ball ricochet off the fence and back to the road where it kicked off the road and back in play on the course.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    playing in the Under 13 Provincial Soccer championship game and during warm-up while I doing a practice shot on goal, the team joker pulled the ball back so that I kicked through the air like Charlie Brown and Lucy...blew my fucking knee out somehow...never made the rep team again in my life.
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I got put in at linebacker in the 9th grade and of course they ran their 23 year old fullback right at me. I grabbed him and fell backwards forcing him to fall on me.

I got pulled immediately and noticed the coaches were laughing at me.

BBK??
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,262
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

playing in the Under 13 Provincial Soccer championship game and during warm-up while I doing a practice shot on goal, the team joker pulled the ball back so that I kicked through the air like Charlie Brown and Lucy...blew my fucking knee out somehow...never made the rep team again in my life.

Like this?
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hit a pitch off Kevin Appier. Auburn Supermall. Sports Authority. Batting cage. Solid double.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

In a country club golf tourney playoff, teeing off and massively hooking the ball to the left, across a road, hitting a fence, having the ball ricochet off the fence and back to the road where it kicked off the road and back in play on the course.

Eagle?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHBruh said:

I hit a pitch off Kevin Appier. Auburn Supermall. Sports Authority. Batting cage. Solid double.

I remember that place. I struck out against Hideo Nomo.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2019
    At a company golf tourney - not the serious kind with the guys who can actually golf, but the one "for the people", where the secretaries, staff and everyone else plays - I won the 'closest to the pin' competition. However, this only happened because the hole was straight and dog legged hard left, making it a perfect L from the tee and thus my incurable slice (I swing left handed) was good for something ... for a change.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Was on a buddy golf trip and had an absolutely shitty round going after 15 holes ...

16th hole (Par 5): hit a half wedge to within about 8 feet for a birdie
    17th hole (Par 3): left about a 30 foot birdie putt about a ball short dead center of the cup for a tap in par
    18th hole (Par 4): tee shot dead center of the fairway with 2nd shot to about 6 inches for a tap in birdie

It's what makes golf so maddening ... when things go really good it looks so easy ... most of the time it's what the hell is going on???
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Started on one of the avacado toast defenses that Lockner steamrolled through in the state playoffs.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

Was on a buddy golf trip and had an absolutely shitty round going after 15 holes ...

17th hole (Par 3): left about a 30 foot birdie putt about a ball short dead center of the cup for a tap in par
    18th hole (Par 4): tee shot dead center of the fairway with 2nd shot to about 6 inches for a tap in birdie

It's what makes golf so maddening ... when things go really good it looks so easy ... most of the time it's what the hell is going on???

that one time golfing with buddies is not competing dude.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I missed your golf stories.