Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your most average, mediocre, middle-of-the-road type of moment in athletic competition?

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I had 22 tackles in a game that we lost 3-6.

Holy shit, this whole time Pitchfork was BBK!
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I got a bullseye during archery time in 6th grade outdoor school but they forgot to add my name to the list of people who were supposed to get a reward. But I know, I know.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    As a (white) 17 year old HS senior who was 5'10" and 135 lbs, I could jump and hang from the rim with two hands. One-handed I could dunk a mini-ball. I guess that's not really in an athletic competition, though.

Most recent feat was adding a dodge ball league championship to my wall. Caught a heater from the guy who was our HS Qb back in the day to get him out and spur us on to victory.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Went down to Portland to watch the Crapple Cup and Shriveldick War with a buddy who went to grad school at UO. Stopped by John's--a sweet beer store--beforehand to stock up. I ended up with a 3-liter of Double Bastard. Went out to play 3-on-3 street ball at halftime of the AC. Brought our beers out with us. I started the game right in that sweet spot of drunk where you're still somewhat coordinated but irrationally confident. And I just couldn't miss. I even threw a shot over my shoulder from the top of the key while being hard-fouled by a friend I had beaten off the dribble (no IMA zone in this game), and it banked in. We played from halftime of the AC to halftime of the CW, switching teams between games, and my team dominated every game. All this while completely finishing 3 liters of 11% barleywine and shooting something like 80% and dribbling circles around everybody.

I've tried duplicating this feat at least a dozen times, but it always ends up looking like this:

I had thought I'd discovered the magic solution to being instantly good at basketball (being stupid drunk), but apparently it only works once. A truly scientific study would require a larger control group, though, so I suggest you guys all go out and try it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    35 points in an IM game.

IM Flag football MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

35 points in an IM game.

IM Flag football MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!

We would have shut your ass down. Ya'll didn't want to see the squad.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Some guys in High School started a mild tackle football session with some girls. I think they felt it would be a good opportunity to flirt. Anyway, I ran the ball up the middle and a girl lit me up. Hit me on the hip right when I was planting and I went down fast. 2nd biggest hit I ever received, in football.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    I once got a participation T-shirt in the Desert 100 race. Finished 314th and separated my shoulder!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I feel like the fights over at this point.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sprained my ankle playing volleyball in golden gate park last weekend. Yea, I’m 30.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Playing Garfield, we were pushing the shit in, and the coach finally put me in. Qb threw a quick screen and I was all over that shit knocking the WR down and dislodging the ball.

All the way back to the huddle I was helmet to helmet telling this guy he sucked ass. Coach pulled my ass immediately.

Fuck you Tim Tramp.

Funny thing was I had froze and didn’t know what to do for a second. Had I jumped the route it would’ve been an easy pick six and you would all know my name because I would’ve been an nfl player, made my millions, and retired by now with my hot ass adidas wearing wife.

FML
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    I drained a half court buzzer-beater in IMA b-ball and turned to lock eyes with Olin Kreutz and his nodding approval.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I drained a half court buzzer-beater in IMA b-ball and turned to lock eyes with Olin Kreutz and his nodding approval.

Did you get hard?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    district championship vs Bainbridge Island and I'm playing Left . Close game late and they had a little lefty come to the plate with runners on. Sure enough the little fucker flairs one and I dive and make a game saving catch for the 3rd out. We go on to win.

I actually hit a sprinkler patch and sand flew in my face. Umpire never saw it roll out of my glove.

We lost next round anyway.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086

Did you get hard?
    No. Only now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve never lost at ookie cookie. Never.