Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Orange Presidents always get downtrodden programs to take over

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    It's hard taking over an economy with the lowest unemployment rate in a decade and the second longest consecutive period of economic growth since WW2.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

*downtrodden

Thanks
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It's hard taking over an economy with the lowest unemployment rate in a decade and the second longest consecutive period of economic growth since WW2.

Actually I'd argue it is. Those numbers (if true, and I don't care enough to fact check you) scream big economic downturn coming.

It's cyclical and shit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Obama is our first president to not hit 3% growth in a year. And he had 8 years. And you blamed Bush.

Not to mention blaming the GOP for Obamacare
    And everything else #3
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I'm glad it's in vogue again to blame the previous president.
    dnc said:

Actually I'd argue it is. Those numbers (if true, and I don't care enough to fact check you) scream big economic downturn coming.

It's cyclical and shit.
    Agreed, we are due for a recession regardless of who is president. I don't think a preemptive excuse conference is necessary though.

Obama is our first president to not hit 3% growth in a year. And he had 8 years. And you blamed Bush.

Obama inherited the worst recession in decades. Trump inherited a good economy.

When was it out of vogue?

I'm hearing it was frowned upon the last 8 years.

You are half right.

And Obama fails miserably in comparison to the last President to inherit an economic collapse.

There will be a correction because interest rates can't be zero for ever. But a good economic plan will over come the shock. And that's what Trump will be judged on.

That's on Obama's record and his alone.

The anemic economic progress under his watch in the Rust Belt was a major factor in the 2016 election.

Trump promised to fix it. He should stop blaming his predecessor already.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

And Obama fails miserably in comparison to the last President to inherit an economic collapse.

Solid argument.

dnc said:

It's cyclical and shit.
    Agreed, we are due for a recession regardless of who is president. I don't think a preemptive excuse conference is necessary though.
    Sark approves this tactic.
    AlCzervik said:

Solid argument.
    Thank you DAWG

You are half right.

There will be a correction because interest rates can't be zero for ever. But a good economic plan will over come the shock. And that's what Trump will be judged on.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543

Look thru the growth and inflation on the attached table. It's almost like as our economy has matured and gotten bigger, large swings in GDP have reduced. Slow steady growth is a good thing. Especially when greater than inflation.
    2001400ex said:

You are half right.

Look thru the growth and inflation on the attached table. It's almost like as our economy has matured and gotten bigger, large swings in GDP have reduced. Slow steady growth is a good thing. Especially when greater than inflation.
    You can't expect economic growth when Arizona is serious about football

You might want to stop making my points for me

2001400ex said:

You are half right.

You can't expect economic growth when Arizona is serious about football

You might want to stop making my points for me
    7 win Obama says fuck off.