Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What a shit show of an opening for the President

124»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dhdawg said:

Of course the media hates trump just like he hates them.
    The lie is that the media hates the right

Media, that is debatable. Journalists on other hand...
    So the media is actually getting better.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dhdawg said:

Hard to say. My dad calls himself an independent and he's as alt right as he gets. There are plenty of "independents" that are too extreme for the conventional parties. My guess would be that media independent = / = politically neutral.

TV news is panels of stupid

Crisped
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Why do you hate TV and radio media? Does anyone read a newspaper anymore?
    Produce the numbers that show it's any different. I'd be surprised if TV is much different, it's sure as hell not for the TV I watch. Radio you probably have a point.
    OK, local TV news. 80% or whatever of the square area of the country is Republican, right? Do you think local news people are Democrat in Nebraska? Same with local newspapers if you want to go there. How many were dug up that hadn't supported a Democrat in more than 40 plus years? One went back to the 1800s or some shit.

Just common sense says the media is probably pretty similar to the rest of the country. And I laff that 50.2% say they are independent. That's BS too, most people have a bias one way or the other. That's a product of people wanting the perception they are independent now days.
    Now you're conflating all sorts of shit.

J-schools produce graduates who are flung out to the hinterlands to find jobs. These are not 5th generation farmers tied to hearth & home. Locality is not important.

Endorsements are made by an editorial board, a relatively small part of a total newsroom, and often including management/ownership.

Your common sense may say affiliation is similar to country at large. The survey says it does not match.
    The media speaks to their audience. Just like when I was in Charlotte last fall, the Sunday morning CBS channel before football was a Catholic sermon. You'd never see that in a liberal town.
    More conflation. The sermon was media programming, zero to do with journalism. The survey was regarding journalists.
    Do you think the news channels speak to their audience for regular programming. But not for their news segments?

Yes and I'm saying that surveying journalists is dumb. There's so much more media out there were people get their news from.
    ¿da fuq? you talking about? Saying a local CBS affiliate is a news channel is akin to saying KOMO Radio is a Husky football station.

Regular programming is what it is out of the can. News segments are reported upon by journalists. That's why surveying them is interesting and important.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Produce the numbers that show it's any different. I'd be surprised if TV is much different, it's sure as hell not for the TV I watch. Radio you probably have a point.
    OK, local TV news. 80% or whatever of the square area of the country is Republican, right? Do you think local news people are Democrat in Nebraska? Same with local newspapers if you want to go there. How many were dug up that hadn't supported a Democrat in more than 40 plus years? One went back to the 1800s or some shit.

Just common sense says the media is probably pretty similar to the rest of the country. And I laff that 50.2% say they are independent. That's BS too, most people have a bias one way or the other. That's a product of people wanting the perception they are independent now days.

J-schools produce graduates who are flung out to the hinterlands to find jobs. These are not 5th generation farmers tied to hearth & home. Locality is not important.

Endorsements are made by an editorial board, a relatively small part of a total newsroom, and often including management/ownership.

Your common sense may say affiliation is similar to country at large. The survey says it does not match.
    The media speaks to their audience. Just like when I was in Charlotte last fall, the Sunday morning CBS channel before football was a Catholic sermon. You'd never see that in a liberal town.
    The Portland FOX affiliate shows Jack Van Impe (OKG by the way) before football
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Crisped
    Abundance
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,455 Founders Club
    AlCzervik said:

TV news is panels of print journalists pontificating on how insane, stupid, and alarming Trump is

Huh?

thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/16/as-trump-raves-his-republican-enablers-face-a-moment-of-truth.html
    Huh?
    2001400ex said:

TV news is panels of print journalists pontificating on how insane, stupid, and alarming Trump is

Sean Hannity disagrees with you. He thinks a journalist us help to a higher standard than he is.

FS
    Huh?
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Hard to say. My dad calls himself an independent and he's as alt right as he gets. There are plenty of "independents" that are too extreme for the conventional parties. My guess would be that media independent = / = politically neutral.
    As both parties became more successful in painting their opponents as insane dangerous retards more people became independent. It is embarrassing to be associated with a party these days as we see here. Everyone is independent.

Allegedly

Crisped
    This I understand
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

More conflation. The sermon was media programming, zero to do with journalism. The survey was regarding journalists.
    Do you think the news channels speak to their audience for regular programming. But not for their news segments?

Yes and I'm saying that surveying journalists is dumb. There's so much more media out there were people get their news from.
    ¿da fuq? you talking about? Saying a local CBS affiliate is a news channel is akin to saying KOMO Radio is a Husky football station.

Regular programming is what it is out of the can. News segments are reported upon by journalists. That's why surveying them is interesting and important.
    I would like to see a survey of everyone included as part of the media. From talk radio, national and local TV news, newspapers, etc.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

I would like to see a survey of everyone included as part of the media. From talk radio, national and local TV news, newspapers, etc.
    You mean like the survey I linked for you?
    The ndings we report here come from online interviews with 1,080 U.s. journalists working for a wide variety of daily and weekly newspapers, radio and television stations, news services and news magazines, and online news media throughout the United states. These interviews were conduct- ed from August 7 to december 20, 2013.
    The journalists were chosen randomly from news organizations that were also selected at random from listings in various media directories. All 3,500 journalists that were originally drawn into our sample were invited via email to participate in our online survey. They also received four follow- up reminders via email and one personal “nudge” call by telephone. The response rate for the nal sample of 1,080 respondents was 32.6 percent, and the maximum sampling error at the 95 percent level of con dence is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
    Because this study was intended to be a follow-up to the 1971, 1982, 1992, and 2002 national surveys of U.s. journalists, we followed closely the de ni- tions of a journalist and the sampling methods used by these earlier stud- ies to be able to compare our 2013 results directly with those of the earlier studies.
    in drawing these samples, we had to make estimates of how many full- time journalists were working in the mainstream U.s. news media. We compared our nal main sample percentages with the overall work-force percentages from these estimates. The largest di erences were found for the online news organizations, the wire services of Associated Press and Reuters and for newsmagazines, which we oversampled because of their relatively small numbers.
    in the end, the random sample of 1,080 included 358 daily newspaper journalists, 238 from weekly newspapers, 132 from television stations and networks, 97 from radio, 92 from online news organizations, 103 from the wire services, and 60 from newsmagazines.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

You mean like the survey I linked for you?
    The ndings we report here come from online interviews with 1,080 U.s. journalists working for a wide variety of daily and weekly newspapers, radio and television stations, news services and news magazines, and online news media throughout the United states. These interviews were conduct- ed from August 7 to december 20, 2013.
    The journalists were chosen randomly from news organizations that were also selected at random from listings in various media directories. All 3,500 journalists that were originally drawn into our sample were invited via email to participate in our online survey. They also received four follow- up reminders via email and one personal “nudge” call by telephone. The response rate for the nal sample of 1,080 respondents was 32.6 percent, and the maximum sampling error at the 95 percent level of con dence is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
    Because this study was intended to be a follow-up to the 1971, 1982, 1992, and 2002 national surveys of U.s. journalists, we followed closely the de ni- tions of a journalist and the sampling methods used by these earlier stud- ies to be able to compare our 2013 results directly with those of the earlier studies.
    in drawing these samples, we had to make estimates of how many full- time journalists were working in the mainstream U.s. news media. We compared our nal main sample percentages with the overall work-force percentages from these estimates. The largest di erences were found for the online news organizations, the wire services of Associated Press and Reuters and for newsmagazines, which we oversampled because of their relatively small numbers.
    in the end, the random sample of 1,080 included 358 daily newspaper journalists, 238 from weekly newspapers, 132 from television stations and networks, 97 from radio, 92 from online news organizations, 103 from the wire services, and 60 from newsmagazines.
    Fine. Fuck off. Lol
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,075 Standard Supporter

dhdawg said:

http://www.mrc.org/special-reports/liberal-mediaevery-poll-shows-journalists-are-more-liberal-american-public-—-and
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    So your poont is Trump is just as bad as Obama.

You sure you wanna play it that way?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    RedRocket said:

Y'all sleeping on Katherine Timpf

This chic

Sexy. My only critique is her fake "nerd" glasses.
    Get over it, and get "Fuck GF in Suzzallo on your bucket list, pronto."
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

This chic

The Suzzallo reading room has great acoustics. The groans, ball claps and body farts would really reach a crescendo in there.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

This chic

The Suzzallo reading room has great acoustics. The groans, ball claps and body farts would really reach a crescendo in there.
    Stacks, dude! Nothing like the stacks. Make sure she wears the glasses.