Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What a shit show of an opening for the President

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

Of course the media hates trump just like he hates them.
    The lie is that the media hates the right

Media, that is debatable. Journalists on other hand...
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

dhdawg said:

WaPo and Univ of Indiana are your source?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dhdawg said:

Looks like the Democrats win this one rather easily, say 28-7.

You look at things like the coverage of Kaepernick versus Curt Schilling. One is courageous and one is a douchebag as presented.

People here may have different views on which is which. You won't find much diversity of thought on that amongst journalists.

Dan LeBatard who tends to bat from the left side of the plate is a notable exception. He called out one of his guys who said someone was courageous for bashing Trump and said the courage today would be in supporting Trump.

#Courage

Isn't LeBatard a radio talk show host? Is that considered a journalist? Rush/Softy are journalists?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,455 Founders Club

You look at things like the coverage of Kaepernick versus Curt Schilling. One is courageous and one is a douchebag as presented.

People here may have different views on which is which. You won't find much diversity of thought on that amongst journalists.

Dan LeBatard who tends to bat from the left side of the plate is a notable exception. He called out one of his guys who said someone was courageous for bashing Trump and said the courage today would be in supporting Trump.

#Courage

Isn't LeBatard a radio talk show host? Is that considered a journalist? Rush/Softy are journalists?

Why?

#Courage

Why?
    Answer the fucking questions?!

#Courage

Why?
    Answer the fucking questions?!
    Why?

I mixed it up a bit but in my defense, sports talk and ESPN is where the social justice athlete is discussed the most
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

dhdawg said:

Why do you hate TV and radio media? Does anyone read a newspaper anymore?
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Produce the numbers that show it's any different. I'd be surprised if TV is much different, it's sure as hell not for the TV I watch. Radio you probably have a point.
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Produce the numbers that show it's any different. I'd be surprised if TV is much different, it's sure as hell not for the TV I watch. Radio you probably have a point.
    OK, local TV news. 80% or whatever of the square area of the country is Republican, right? Do you think local news people are Democrat in Nebraska? Same with local newspapers if you want to go there. How many were dug up that hadn't supported a Democrat in more than 40 plus years? One went back to the 1800s or some shit.

Just common sense says the media is probably pretty similar to the rest of the country. And I laff that 50.2% say they are independent. That's BS too, most people have a bias one way or the other. That's a product of people wanting the perception they are independent now days.
    TV news is panels of print journalists pontificating on how insane, stupid, and alarming Trump is
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

TV news is panels of print journalists pontificating on how insane, stupid, and alarming Trump is

Huh?

thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/16/as-trump-raves-his-republican-enablers-face-a-moment-of-truth.html

Sean Hannity disagrees with you. He thinks a journalist us help to a higher standard than he is.

FS
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

OK, local TV news. 80% or whatever of the square area of the country is Republican, right? Do you think local news people are Democrat in Nebraska? Same with local newspapers if you want to go there. How many were dug up that hadn't supported a Democrat in more than 40 plus years? One went back to the 1800s or some shit.

Just common sense says the media is probably pretty similar to the rest of the country. And I laff that 50.2% say they are independent. That's BS too, most people have a bias one way or the other. That's a product of people wanting the perception they are independent now days.
    Maybe you're right but I doubt it. I live in Memphissippi and the local TV and radio are both completely liberal.

I'd be interested in seeing some data.
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Now you're conflating all sorts of shit.

J-schools produce graduates who are flung out to the hinterlands to find jobs. These are not 5th generation farmers tied to hearth & home. Locality is not important.

Endorsements are made by an editorial board, a relatively small part of a total newsroom, and often including management/ownership.

Your common sense may say affiliation is similar to country at large. The survey says it does not match.

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

J-schools produce graduates who are flung out to the hinterlands to find jobs. These are not 5th generation farmers tied to hearth & home. Locality is not important.

Endorsements are made by an editorial board, a relatively small part of a total newsroom, and often including management/ownership.

Your common sense may say affiliation is similar to country at large. The survey says it does not match.
    The media speaks to their audience. Just like when I was in Charlotte last fall, the Sunday morning CBS channel before football was a Catholic sermon. You'd never see that in a liberal town.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

The media speaks to their audience. Just like when I was in Charlotte last fall, the Sunday morning CBS channel before football was a Catholic sermon. You'd never see that in a liberal town.
    More conflation. The sermon was media programming, zero to do with journalism. The survey was regarding journalists.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

More conflation. The sermon was media programming, zero to do with journalism. The survey was regarding journalists.
    Do you think the news channels speak to their audience for regular programming. But not for their news segments?

Yes and I'm saying that surveying journalists is dumb. There's so much more media out there were people get their news from.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Catholics don't tend to be that conservative.