Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburndawg believes the following: (deserves its own thread)

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Somebody has an agenda.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I can't wait for Auburndoog to backtrack on this post.
  • Options

I can't wait for Auburndoog to backtrack on this post.

He already has. He said no excuses then is making non stop excuses for Sark.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    all Wazzu needs is a Daddy Warbucks

Still puzzling that Paul Allen never stepped up w/ Coog athletics
  • Options

all Wazzu needs is a Daddy Warbucks

Still puzzling that Paul Allen never stepped up w/ Coog athletics

I don't think he ever got into the College scene as him and Gates went to several schools. Plus he grew up a UW fan and even donated that giant scoreboard to Husky Stadium for a while.

Plus in a situation like him or any of the other big time guys in Seattle the A.D. really needs to sell him on it like Moos did with Knight.
  • Options
    LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    dhdawg said:

I have no problem with this post however can u pls stop talking in the 3rd person it's annoying

He should apologize to those with lower IQs who can't comprehend a third person dialog.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    tradition is worthless unless it happened in the last few years. Recruits don't care how good empterman and hugh macklamore was in the 50's.

To people that matter (Recruits) oregon and oklahoma state have more tradtion than us. We are a 7-6 school.
  • Options
    Yale, Minnesota, Chicago U, Army have a lot of tradition too..........
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I did. I agreed with much of it then and now.

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed making Gilby anything other than interim
    Opposed hiring Ty
    Said Ty should be fired after the 2007 Arizona game
    Supported hiring Mora and opposed hiring Sark
  • Options

fuck if Tyronne never got fired and was still floundering between 0-12 and 4-8 you'd still be beating his fucking drum to give him one more year

Had Ty went 4-8 with an injured Locker he would have for sure been brought back too.
  • Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I remember a screencap of you saying you thought Ty would be successful. Posted in November 2006. Nice revisionist history as always.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    There's more to it than that but I did write that those who needed it most wouldn't get it
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A college football coach is 100% responsible for results. No excuses.

A CFB coach recruits the players and hires his own staff.

If the kids are too small or too slow, the coach should have recruited bigger, faster players.

If the kids don't execute the coach should have trained them better.

The job of the CFB coach is to get his school to its proper level of performance- what it should achieve given the Iron Laws: Location, Tradition, Money.

At Washington, that level is as follows:

Winning season and a bowl game every year.
    Competing for the league championship most years
    Competing for a national championship once or twice per decade

The real debate is how long do you give a new coach to achieve that?

For Sark, to me this means the minimum standard this year is 9 total wins, but 10 is what would show real improvement and progress. Eight wins or less and he should be fired.

I offer this so perhaps people will stop misrepresenting what Auburndawg believes.

I'm always sympathetic to change, particularly when change means progress and improvement in our football program. However, if real change and improvement had been UW's intention following Tyrone's firing, Sark given his almost total lack of head coaching qualification would never have been hired. Neither for that matter would Lambright, Gilbertson, nor Willingham have been hired. All were unqualified and even Neuheisel who took us to a Rose Bowl turned out to have been flawed and a flakey hire at best. So, where does that leave us now?

Obviously to anybody paying attention, the University of Washington has failed to hire the head football coach we needed and deserved to replace Don James when he suddenly resigned. That was twenty years ago last Summer which means that the UW has wasted more years failing to replace the Dawgfather than the eighteen(18) year duration of his coaching career at Montlake. I was fifty-three years old when Don James quit and now that I'm seventy-three, there's still no assurance in my mind that the UW will or even has the intention of replacing him with as good or better a head coach.

All this talk and subliminal praying about firing Sarkisian is just more hot air. Whatever the UW has a true interest and passion for, whether it be academics, research, or anything else, the UW always succeeds in typically better than most other universities in the world. My alma mater simply hasn't the desire or intention of retrieving anytime soon if ever the football passion of past glory days. Nothing progressive is going to happen to Husky Football until those (coach and AD) presently responsible for the program get tired of plugging along in moderate mediocrity, decide to light a fire where the sun never shines, and get fucking job done. Don't anyone hold their breath.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I remember a screencap of you saying you thought Ty would be successful. Posted in November 2006. Nice revisionist history as always.
    I don't know exactly what Auburn said but I would imagine most people thought Ty was going to be some form of successful. A lowered expectations form of successful though.
  • Options
    Tailgater said:

A college football coach is 100% responsible for results. No excuses.

A CFB coach recruits the players and hires his own staff.

If the kids are too small or too slow, the coach should have recruited bigger, faster players.

If the kids don't execute the coach should have trained them better.

The job of the CFB coach is to get his school to its proper level of performance- what it should achieve given the Iron Laws: Location, Tradition, Money.

At Washington, that level is as follows:

Winning season and a bowl game every year.
    Competing for the league championship most years
    Competing for a national championship once or twice per decade

The real debate is how long do you give a new coach to achieve that?

For Sark, to me this means the minimum standard this year is 9 total wins, but 10 is what would show real improvement and progress. Eight wins or less and he should be fired.

I offer this so perhaps people will stop misrepresenting what Auburndawg believes.

I'm always sympathetic to change, particularly when change means progress and improvement in our football program. However, if real change and improvement had been UW's intention following Tyrone's firing, Sark given his almost total lack of head coaching qualification would never have been hired. Neither for that matter would Lambright, Gilbertson, nor Willingham have been hired. All were unqualified and even Neuheisel who took us to a Rose Bowl turned out to have been flawed and a flakey hire at best. So, where does that leave us now?

Obviously to anybody paying attention, the University of Washington has failed to hire the head football coach we needed and deserved to replace Don James when he suddenly resigned. That was twenty years ago last Summer which means that the UW has wasted more years failing to replace the Dawgfather than the eighteen(18) year duration of his coaching career at Montlake. I was fifty-three years old when Don James quit and now that I'm seventy-three, there's still no assurance in my mind that the UW will or even has the intention of replacing him with as good or better a head coach.

All this talk and subliminal praying about firing Sarkisian is just more hot air. Whatever the UW has a true interest and passion for, whether it be academics, research, or anything else, the UW always succeeds in typically better than most other universities in the world. My alma mater simply hasn't the desire or intention of retrieving anytime soon if ever the football passion of past glory days. Nothing progressive is going to happen to Husky Football until those (coach and AD) presently responsible for the program get tired of plugging along in moderate mediocrity, decide to light a fire where the sun never shines, and get fucking job done. Don't anyone hold their breath.

This is the Lather, Rinse, Repeat mindset of the Doogs and HHB's the last 10 years.

Shit coach gets fired

HHB's are excited shitty coach is fired but wait nervously for the next hire

Doogs start the process of taking back everything they said about previous coach and trash him.

New coach is hired.

HHB's are like WTF?!!

Doogs are pumped up about this hire. Even though the previous hire was supposed to be the statement hire for this program this one will surely be it.

HHB's start to point out how Doogs said the same shit for previous coach.

HHB's get banned on Doogman.

New coach starts to show some red flags early, Doogs still continue to bash previous head coach.

New coach continues to struggle, Doogs still defend him, while HHB's point out he sucks.

New coach forms into Shit Coach and has a defining loss that should have sent him D.A.O instead he sticks around for another year, two, three, etc.

HHB's say the season is over until shit coach is fired.

Doogs despite being burned for over a decade insist this year is different.

Shit coach is finally fired.

The cycle just continues.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I don't know exactly what Auburn said but I would imagine most people thought Ty was going to be some form of successful. A lowered expectations form of successful though.
    I recall being afraid he'd be what Sark is, or what he had been. Mediocre to poor with a couple good seasons that would make him hard to fire. Of course Sark hasnt lost a Rose Bowl or gone 9-3 so Ty was better at Stanford and nd than Sark here.

I didn't think Ty would go 11-25 then 0-12 but i hated the hire for what it said to fans who wanted championships. It said fuck off
  • Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I recall being afraid he'd be what Sark is, or what he had been. Mediocre to poor with a couple good seasons that would make him hard to fire. Of course Sark hasnt lost a Rose Bowl or gone 9-3 so Ty was better at Stanford and nd than Sark here.

I didn't think Ty would go 11-25 then 0-12 but i hated the hire for what it said to fans who wanted championships. It said fuck off
    Exactly! Sark is what we feared about Ty. A decade of mediocrity with no shot at every making a Rose Bowl.

Basically we are a shittier version of Oregon State under Riley.

Difference is UW has the money, resources, bigger stadium, better location and even tradition than Oregon State. Don't mean to go all AuburnDoog just now but UW should never be a worse version of Oregon State.

Yet that is what we are. Sark is just like Tedford from 2008-2011 version(Not the good Tedford years or the one bad year last year).
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I do not remember these two things at all.