Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Coker and DDY

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    A good RB behind a great line is an all-conference caliber RB ...

When you get a great RB behind a great OL that's when you're able to dictate at all levels.

But generally speaking, elite teams take away the running game first and foremost. With the way football is played today, you are looking at needing to have elite pass catchers to be difference makers.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

A good RB behind a great line is an all-conference caliber RB ...

When you get a great RB behind a great OL that's when you're able to dictate at all levels.

But generally speaking, elite teams take away the running game first and foremost. With the way football is played today, you are looking at needing to have elite pass catchers to be difference makers.

Right. I think the line is more important overall to the running game than the RB is. That's not to say RB's are a dime a dozen - a great one is a huge weapon. I just think it's easier for us to acquire good/great RB's than it is good/great WR's. Although Bush doesn't seem to care about degree of difficulty.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

I love the list but I would swap #4 and #5. An all-galaxy CB is immensely valuable

Agreed. RB is definitely too high.

I know I'll be way in the minority on this but I'd probably take an elite WR over an elite RB quite honestly, especially given how rare it is for a an elite WR to come out of the state of Washington compared to an elite RB. We? produce RB's much better than WR's.
    We definitely produce more high3/4* RBs, but when was the last time we had a truly elite RB out of HS in the state of Washington? As far as pass-catchers go We've had Kasen Williams, Reggie Williams, Kavario Middleton, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, etc.

I mean, obviously Jonathan Stewart came from Washington, but I can't recall as many RBs as WRs.
    Jesus Christ you are truly one of the most clueless TBSers I've ever encountered and you won't fucking shut up.
  • Options

dnc said:

I love the list but I would swap #4 and #5. An all-galaxy CB is immensely valuable

I know I'll be way in the minority on this but I'd probably take an elite WR over an elite RB quite honestly, especially given how rare it is for a an elite WR to come out of the state of Washington compared to an elite RB. We? produce RB's much better than WR's.
    We definitely produce more high3/4* RBs, but when was the last time we had a truly elite RB out of HS in the state of Washington? As far as pass-catchers go We've had Kasen Williams, Reggie Williams, Kavario Middleton, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, etc.

I mean, obviously Jonathan Stewart came from Washington, but I can't recall as many RBs as WRs.
    Jesus Christ you are truly one of the most clueless TBSers I've ever encountered and you won't fucking shut up.
    Why do you hate people that try hard?

I'm thinking MouseBacon is the Cort Dennison of Hardcore Husky posters
  • Options
    dnc said:

Hmmmm... so serious question, who would you rather have on your team, Corey Dillon or Desmond Trufant?

I would go with Dillon 10/10. And I love Desmond Trufant.

And Corey was picked in the second round.

When you have an elite player at TB he sees the ball 30 times/game (or, in our offense, 12-18) and that sort of production really matters.

If you have an elite CB he only prevents like 6 out of 8 receptions for the opposing WR.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

dnc said:

Hmmmm... so serious question, who would you rather have on your team, Corey Dillon or Desmond Trufant?

When you have an elite player at TB he sees the ball 30 times/game (or, in our offense, 12-18) and that sort of production really matters.

If you have an elite CB he only prevents like 6 out of 8 receptions for the opposing WR.
    Unfair question because I am totally gay for Corey Dillon. IIRC he was only a second rounder because of off the field concerns, he was clearly an all world talent.

Give me four years of Corey Dillon over any CB who ever played at UW. But I'll take three years of Sidney Jones over every other RB we've had in my lifetime. Same for Marcus Peters.

BTW, no RB sees the ball 30 times a game anymore. Those days are long gone.
  • Options

We produce everything randomly outside of QBs, TEs and OLs because we have no black population.

I've said it a million times, if you guys really care about Husky football we would all think of a way to get a million black people to relocate from Mississippi or some other godforsaken shit bag state that is 10billion percent racist and do some program where they all move here.

Black people rule, white people drool and make good QBs/TEs and OLs.

This is true, but our black population seems to randomly produce RB's at a much faster pace than WR's. Perhaps it really is just random, perhaps it's a function of the way kids are used by the high school programs here, I'm not sure. But I know it's rare for Washington state to produce a WR worth a damn.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Unfair question because I am totally gay for Corey Dillon. IIRC he was only a second rounder because of off the field concerns, he was clearly an all world talent.

Give me four years of Corey Dillon over any CB who ever played at UW. But I'll take three years of Sidney Jones over every other RB we've had in my lifetime. Same for Marcus Peters.

BUT STILL...

Anyway, seriously - running backs can change games if they are really good. You need to be Deion Sanders to affect a game the way a tailback does.

Now, if you ask me would I rather have Kev King and Sid Jones or a great tailback, that's easy, but in terms of 1 player, I'd rather have a truly great RB.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

BUT STILL...

Anyway, seriously - running backs can change games if they are really good. You need to be Deion Sanders to affect a game the way a tailback does.

Now, if you ask me would I rather have Kev King and Sid Jones or a great tailback, that's easy, but in terms of 1 player, I'd rather have a truly great RB.
    That's fine. Like I said, I knew I'd be in the minority. The nice thing is this isn't the NFL, it's not like we have to decide whether to take a corner or a tackle or an RB in round X. We can prioritize all of them.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

dnc said:

All I've said is we've had more ELITE receiving options than RBs, but that Washington is more consistent in producing RBs. Do you disagree?
  • Options
    dnc said:

We produce everything randomly outside of QBs, TEs and OLs because we have no black population.

I've said it a million times, if you guys really care about Husky football we would all think of a way to get a million black people to relocate from Mississippi or some other godforsaken shit bag state that is 10billion percent racist and do some program where they all move here.

This is true, but our black population seems to randomly produce RB's at a much faster pace than WR's. Perhaps it really is just random, perhaps it's a function of the way kids are used by the high school programs here, I'm not sure. But I know it's rare for Washington state to produce a WR worth a damn.
    Our ability to produce WRs in this state I do think is getting better ...

But for decades this state at the high school levels was the definition of 3 yards and a cloud of dust with QBs throwing a half dozen passes per game at the most.

There are more and more programs in the State playing a more wide open spread offense and when you add to it the underwear 7 on 7 camps and you get kids getting way more reps than they ever did 20 years ago in this state.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Our ability to produce WRs in this state I do think is getting better ...

But for decades this state at the high school levels was the definition of 3 yards and a cloud of dust with QBs throwing a half dozen passes per game at the most.

There are more and more programs in the State playing a more wide open spread offense and when you add to it the underwear 7 on 7 camps and you get kids getting way more reps than they ever did 20 years ago in this state.
    If true it sounds like the infrastructure to develop WR's is definitely improving. Maybe 2020 is the year we see results from that? Sure doesn't seem like we've seen any yet.
  • Options

dnc said:

All I've said is we've had more ELITE receiving options than RBs, but that Washington is more consistent in producing RBs. Do you disagree?
    In the past 30 years we've produced:

Corey Dillon and Jonathan Stewart at RB (if you want to only include guys who are 5-star guys) and Kasen and Reggie at WR and Kasen wasn't amazing.

So shut. the. fuck. up. It is completely random.

We have always produced TEs/OLs/QBs. That's what we produce. Sadly next year we are not producing OL.
  • Options

dnc said:

Corey Dillon and Jonathan Stewart at RB (if you want to only include guys who are 5-star guys) and Kasen and Reggie at WR and Kasen wasn't amazing.

We have always produced TEs/OLs/QBs. That's what we produce. Sadly next year we are not producing OL.
    WHY DO YOU HATE PAUL ARNOLD???
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Great point. I don't. So there, we produce better RBs. Fucking mouseshit bullcrap!
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Great point. I don't. So there, we produce better RBs. Fucking mouseshit bullcrap!
    Paul Arnold is the reason I started following TBS. He'll always have a special place in my heart. He's also the reason I should have learned that spring game stats and DM.c hype don't mean shit, but unfortunately I didn't learn that lesson until later on.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Paul Arnold is the reason I started following TBS. He'll always have a special place in my heart. He's also the reason I should have learned that spring game stats and DM.c hype don't mean shit, but unfortunately I didn't learn that lesson until later on.
    He was a really special player in HS, he just was just never really healthy at UW and Neu is an idiot. Nuff Said on that.