Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Coker and DDY

Chase Williams seems to be pretty interested in UW. Obviously you both have him below Osbourne and Spiker, but a couple questions on him:

- How far below the other two do you have Williams?
- Is he a likely next man up if Spiker doesn't commit next week?
- Do you see UW going after him at safety rather than WR?
- If we do get Spiker could UW make him the third WR in this class with the thought they could move him later?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Michael Wilson is my number 3 of WR, then Chase Williams is next (this does not include Jalen Hall because he's going to USC). Wilson and Williams are both just a notch below Spiker and Osborne to me, but both are still very good.

I'd only take one of them in addition to Spiker and Osborne if we only take 1 TE. I like Williams better at WR than I do safety, so I don't see that happening.

And yes, if Spiker doesn't commit I see us going after Wilson and Williams and seeing who commits first.

This is why I send in my $10.95 a month.

TYFYS!
    I DONT SEE THIS MONEY, DEREK IS STEALING IT FROM ME!!!1!
    You're just a pawn in a money grab game mayne.

But while we're at it, what is it about Wilson that makes you like him more than Williams? I don't really trust TBS rankings, especially not this early, especially after how badly they missed on my guy Ty last year, but Williams is basically universally rated much higher than Wilson. Interested in why you like him more (even if only slightly so)? What does he doe better, or project to do better?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Michael Wilson is my number 3 of WR, then Chase Williams is next (this does not include Jalen Hall because he's going to USC). Wilson and Williams are both just a notch below Spiker and Osborne to me, but both are still very good.

I'd only take one of them in addition to Spiker and Osborne if we only take 1 TE. I like Williams better at WR than I do safety, so I don't see that happening.

And yes, if Spiker doesn't commit I see us going after Wilson and Williams and seeing who commits first.

TYFYS!

But while we're at it, what is it about Wilson that makes you like him more than Williams? I don't really trust TBS rankings, especially not this early, especially after how badly they missed on my guy Ty last year, but Williams is basically universally rated much higher than Wilson. Interested in why you like him more (even if only slightly so)? What does he doe better, or project to do better?
    He's better.

His frame is big and his lateral quickness and ability to change speeds and get to full speed quickly is really impressive.

Chase Willy doesn't suck, but he's just not quite at the same level athletically. Built a little slighter, etc.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

TYFYS!

He's better.

His frame is big and his lateral quickness and ability to change speeds and get to full speed quickly is really impressive.

Chase Willy doesn't suck, but he's just not quite at the same level athletically. Built a little slighter, etc.
    That's what I was looking for, thank you.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

TYFYS!
    I'm not sure if you're aware but around these parts we refer to Derek as Stalin.

My guess is that he doesn't consider it "stealing".
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

TYFYS!
    I'm not sure if you're aware but around these parts we refer to Derek as Stalin.

Hail Our Führer @DerekJohnson !!!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So this is a 2 WR class then? Actually, I am going to start a thread about the next class in general which I hope DDY or Coker will fill in the blanks on.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

So this is a 2 WR class then? Actually, I am going to start a thread about the next class in general which I hope DDY or Coker will fill in the blanks on.

Thought about doing the same but never got around to it. Happy to let the Redman do the heavy lifting for me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

dnc said:

TYFYS!

Hail Our Führer @DerekJohnson !!!
    *Heil
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,661
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PM to DDY and Coke:

Who are we going to replace BBK with as our next shitty Viking linebacker? I've been worried about this for awhile now.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    haie said:

PM to DDY and Coke:

Who are we going to replace BBK with as our next shitty Viking linebacker? I've been worried about this for awhile now.

I could see Ben Wilson rocking this look if we end up offered him. Maybe not the beard so much, but the Nordic look with long hair.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    dnc said:

Chase Williams seems to be pretty interested in UW. Obviously you both have him below Osbourne and Spiker, but a couple questions on him:

- If we do get Spiker could UW make him the third WR in this class with the thought they could move him later?

TIA

Something drastically wrong has gone on in your life when you're posting multiple times on TBS in the February preceding the actual February 3 days in December that counts.

Its time to consult a professional
  • Options

dnc said:

TIA

Something drastically wrong has gone on in your life when you're posting multiple times on TBS in the February preceding the actual February 3 days in December that counts.

Yr, yk
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

TIA

You spend most of your time poasting about Washington men's basketball. Pot, kettle??
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

All this energy lately discussing WRs. Fuck me.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

All this energy lately discussing WRs. Fuck me.
    Sorry we forgot you like heat from the edge and push down th middle