Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Sark lays a dud (likely) on Saturday and we lose to ASU...

13»

Comments

• That's why I stopped posting on ST while back. Tired of going head to head with some of those homers w/ 3,000 posts.

I saw someone posted a link to HH today, and one of those retards went off the deep end. Funny enough, I think Jood is well aware of the situation.

Jood remember was the beat writer for Oregon so I'm sure he was fully aware of the Doogs before he took this job.

Having this job and seeing first hand the difference in the two programs he is more likely see our side of things.

I think deep down inside Condooga especially towards the end(why he bailed) knows we are right about Sark.
  • mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

October 15, 2013 at 8:17 AMRating: You must be signed in to rate this post. (7) You must be signed in to rate this post. (0) Log in to
    report abuse
    Larry makes a great point about the schedule -- something I've noticed but haven't heard any comments about. In essence, the Husky schedule is unfriendly, in that most of the pivotal games are on the road. Here's what I mean: (looking at schedule in August)

Swing games (pivotal): BSU, Arizona, ASU, UCLA, OSU

Likely wins: Illinois, Idaho St., Cal, Colo, WSU

Likely losses: Stan, Ore

Ideally, you'd like to see the pivotal games at home and the likely wins on the road. Unfortunately, the Dawgs have 3/5 of their pivotal games on the road and 5/6 of their likely wins at home.

To win 9 games, they have to "hold serve" on all their "likely win" games and win 3 of the 5 pivotal games. All three of the remaining pivotal games are on the road. They beat BSU and Ariz at home, so they'll need to win 2/3 vs. ASU, UCLA and OSU all on the road to have a chance to reach 9 wins.

So, from a "home and away" standpoint, the remaining schedule is a tough one. The ASU game is huge.

Judging by the comments and every comment that is critical of Sark receiving a ton of thumb downs and doog 101 posts like this have 7 thumbs up and zero thumbs down our fan base has learned nothing.

Again with the blaming of the conference schedule?!! Jesus Christ when do these excuses ever fucking end?!

This is why Washington is dead. Fans like these fucks put zero pressure and in fact support this bullshit program. So there is no sudden rush to change anything. To upper campus everything is going just great.

The excuses for Sark end the day after he's fired. Coincidentally, these same Doogs will tell us they knew Sark was the wrong guy all along.

LRR
    That's a given but I was asking when does the TUFF schedule argument ever fucking end?! Not making excuses for Lambright but he truly had a TUFF schedule yet I never heard that brought up as an excuse.

I remember the TUFF schedule argument started to come up during the Ty years and it's been going on ever since.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Larry Stone took a stab at it today, but his words are fairly well couched. Still, its progress
    http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2022044273_stone15xml.html

You know we are in trouble when an ST columnist opens with:

"The Huskies can save those illusions of grandeur for next season. "

Grandeur next season? Try next millennium.
  • Sark isn't getting fired for 7-6

Are there any Armenian NFL stars that will write a letter to President Young compelling Sark to be extended? Is there a Seattle chapter of the NAAAP that will intervene on Corky's behalf?
    The Kardashian family will be outraged that Armenian's aren't getting a fair shake in this country!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

October 15, 2013 at 8:17 AMRating: You must be signed in to rate this post. (7) You must be signed in to rate this post. (0) Log in to
    report abuse
    Larry makes a great point about the schedule -- something I've noticed but haven't heard any comments about. In essence, the Husky schedule is unfriendly, in that most of the pivotal games are on the road. Here's what I mean: (looking at schedule in August)

Ideally, you'd like to see the pivotal games at home and the likely wins on the road. Unfortunately, the Dawgs have 3/5 of their pivotal games on the road and 5/6 of their likely wins at home.

To win 9 games, they have to "hold serve" on all their "likely win" games and win 3 of the 5 pivotal games. All three of the remaining pivotal games are on the road. They beat BSU and Ariz at home, so they'll need to win 2/3 vs. ASU, UCLA and OSU all on the road to have a chance to reach 9 wins.

So, from a "home and away" standpoint, the remaining schedule is a tough one. The ASU game is huge.

Judging by the comments and every comment that is critical of Sark receiving a ton of thumb downs and doog 101 posts like this have 7 thumbs up and zero thumbs down our fan base has learned nothing.

Again with the blaming of the conference schedule?!! Jesus Christ when do these excuses ever fucking end?!

This is why Washington is dead. Fans like these fucks put zero pressure and in fact support this bullshit program. So there is no sudden rush to change anything. To upper campus everything is going just great.

The excuses for Sark end the day after he's fired. Coincidentally, these same Doogs will tell us they knew Sark was the wrong guy all along.

LRR
    That's a given but I was asking when does the TUFF schedule argument ever fucking end?! Not making excuses for Lambright but he truly had a TUFF schedule yet I never heard that brought up as an excuse.

I remember the TUFF schedule argument started to come up during the Ty years and it's been going on ever since.
    The TUFF schedule argument ends when UW and WSU join their brothers in the Big Sky.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

report abuse

LRR

The TUFF schedule argument ends when UW and WSU join their brothers in the Big Sky.
    Go Bobcats!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Dick_B said:

mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

report abuse

LRR

Go Bobcats!
    Our Bobcats and Vikings would give those classless motherfuckers some beatdowns.

Simple fact.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.

Roaddawg, what makes you think this? There's a huge difference between should and will. With an AD that cares about winning, 4 straight 7-6 seasons gets you fired. But what makes you think woody all of a sudden has an about-face after sucking sark's cock for 5 years? If this is just wishful thinking from you, I'm right there with you.
  • Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.

Roaddawg, what makes you think this? There's a huge difference between should and will. With an AD that cares about winning, 4 straight 7-6 seasons gets you fired. But what makes you think woody all of a sudden has an about-face after sucking sark's cock for 5 years? If this is just wishful thinking from you, I'm right there with you.
    After a 4th straight 7-6 season then Sark will be on the "hot seat" and be given "one last chance" to prove himself next year.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Going into a season on the hot seat with no previous record of success is a recipe for disaster. I am not sure the athletic department has learned anything though.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

this game is bigger than the Oregon game. Its the difference between 10-2 and 7-6. Unfair matchups though. This conference is unfair. Alabama and LSU would be 4-2 with UW's schedule. The difference? Banner and Miles would at least make as game @ASU. Sark better lose by no more than 3-7

Lol. There's one good team in this conference. But your AuburnDoog backtrack excuse making impression is top notch.
    pac12 still 1-2 conference in country up top and in depth. Utah almost beat UcLA and did the Tree. I never backtrack bitch
  • this game is bigger than the Oregon game. Its the difference between 10-2 and 7-6. Unfair matchups though. This conference is unfair. Alabama and LSU would be 4-2 with UW's schedule. The difference? Banner and Miles would at least make as game @ASU. Sark better lose by no more than 3-7

Lol. There's one good team in this conference. But your AuburnDoog backtrack excuse making impression is top notch.
    pac12 still 1-2 conference in country up top and in depth. Utah almost beat UcLA and did the Tree. I never backtrack bitch
    The Pac-12 has only one good team maybe two with UCLA.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.

It very well may be wishful thinking, but I really do believe he will be fired if he goes 7-6. It seems crazy to think he would survive a fourth consecutive year of that especially when you watch this team and see 10 win talent.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,664 Founders Club

It very well may be wishful thinking, but I really do believe he will be fired if he goes 7-6. It seems crazy to think he would survive a fourth consecutive year of that especially when you watch this team and see 10 win talent.

agreed

I think the boosters start to get really pissed. It's probably more of a 60 / 40 thing.
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 585
    What is, "he needs more time"!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club

Sark isn't getting fired for 7-6

Are there any Armenian NFL stars that will write a letter to President Young compelling Sark to be extended? Is there a Seattle chapter of the NAAAP that will intervene on Corky's behalf?
    I believe it's located in the Turkish Consulate.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter

agreed

I think the boosters start to get really pissed. It's probably more of a 60 / 40 thing.
    It will come down to butts in the seats. Lose at ASU and the Cal game is sparsely attended. Sark will start to be in trouble no matter what is said publicly. If there is still decent attendance and we go 7-6, it will not matter and it will be about the journey.
  • JECAR said:

What is, "he needs more time"!

Looks like you just need more time to get aclimated to this place.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Even if he goes 7-6, Sark will be bailed out by the same excuse used to bail out his teams year after year: he's young.

We'd hate to be Sark's training ground for a new job and then have him go somewhere else and win a natty or five. So we'd better hang on to him and reap the benefits of our patience. 2018 will be special, for real this time.
  • DeLarry said:

Even if he goes 7-6, Sark will be bailed out by the same excuse used to bail out his teams year after year: he's young.

We'd hate to be Sark's training ground for a new job and then have him go somewhere else and win a natty or five. So we'd better hang on to him and reap the benefits of our patience. 2018 will be special, for real this time.

Yup you don't want to fire Rich Brooks too soon. We need the 17 year plan to lose the Rose Bowl.