Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Sark lays a dud (likely) on Saturday and we lose to ASU...

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Win or lose at ASU means nothing. TSIFO. WFIFO. Sark will never be fired as long as he is being rimmed by Woodward.

Sark is already laying the groundwork of excuses for a loss. He is always a step ahead of his detractors. This from ST blog account of today's PAC-12 call:

"(on team’s health) I think we’re fine. We have a couple guys who are decently banged-up, but nothing where we’ve lost anyone for the year. We played two consecutive very physical football game against Stanford and against Oregon. So getting us fresh and healthy for this game is probably the biggest hurdle for us to get ready for Saturday’s ballgame. The guys seem good. We’ve had two good days of work, and they feel energized, they look energized, but that was definitely a concern of ours coming out of that ballgame Saturday against Oregon."
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Here are the scenarios.....

Beat ASU...7-2 for UCLA......Talk will be about how we could go 10-2 & sneak into the Rose Bowl. We'll lose to UCLA, & OSU and win the Las Vegas or Sun bowl for 9-4.

Lose to ASU.....Talk will be about how we'll go 7-5 again. We'll beat OSU, upset UCLA. Talk will be about how we will go 10-3. 10 wins! Yeah! Then we'll bleaux the bowl game for 9-4.

Lose to ASU, beat OSU, lose to UCLA, win shit bowl for 9-4.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Beat ASU...7-2 for UCLA......Talk will be about how we could go 10-2 & sneak into the Rose Bowl. We'll lose to UCLA, & OSU and win the Las Vegas or Sun bowl for 9-4.

Lose to ASU.....Talk will be about how we'll go 7-5 again. We'll beat OSU, upset UCLA. Talk will be about how we will go 10-3. 10 wins! Yeah! Then we'll bleaux the bowl game for 9-4.

Not much I can prove with facts but the first scenario is not plausible.

The script that I read contained the following:

1. Sark will choke a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 games with victory in grasp. (baseline of 1 already achieved)

2. Sark Truth #1 = 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6 as does 5-4, > 5-4, > 5-4.

3. Sark will coach the team through a 3 game losing streak. If not now, when?

Call me myopic if you like, but it leads back to 7 wins - and only 7 wins.

• I said it after Illinois game that will be our only road win this year.

6-1 at home, 1-4 on the road in a "special season".

Doogs will bitch, throw assistants under the bus, blame Price but won't dare say Sark should be fired.

This would be so hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

RIP Washington football.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Win or lose at ASU means nothing. TSIFO. WFIFO. Sark will never be fired as long as he is being rimmed by Woodward.

Sark is already laying the groundwork of excuses for a loss. He is always a step ahead of his detractors. This from ST blog account of today's PAC-12 call:

"(on team’s health) I think we’re fine. We have a couple guys who are decently banged-up, but nothing where we’ve lost anyone for the year. We played two consecutive very physical football game against Stanford and against Oregon. So getting us fresh and healthy for this game is probably the biggest hurdle for us to get ready for Saturday’s ballgame. The guys seem good. We’ve had two good days of work, and they feel energized, they look energized, but that was definitely a concern of ours coming out of that ballgame Saturday against Oregon."

I predicted this shit last week.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Any realistic talk of scenarios has to include UW losing all three remaining road games.

HTH
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.
  • Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.

I've been telling my Doog friends all week if we lose be prepared for another 7-6. I think ASU is the most winnable of the three myself.

I can't see Sark beating a well coached team with an elite QB on the road.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Larry Stone took a stab at it today, but his words are fairly well couched. Still, its progress

http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2022044273_stone15xml.html

Larry Stone took a stab at it today, but his words are fairly well couched. Still, its progress

http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2022044273_stone15xml.html

That looked like a whole lot of incremental progress Doogspeak to me.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,131 Founders Club
    Sark isn't getting fired for 7-6

Sark won't survive if he loses this game. Both UCLA and Oregon State are better. This is the easiest road game left. Another 7-6 and Sark will be fired. I know many on this board think otherwise, but he is not surviving a 4th consecutive season of 7-6, which is what will happen if he loses this game.

He definitely shouldn't survive another 7-6, but Seattle and the UW are full of pussies.
  • "We’ve played a good first half of football against some really good teams,’’ he said. “But, just as we’ve been all season long, we’re an excellent second-half football team. And we’re going to go out in the second half and play a great half of the season. And it starts Saturday at Arizona State.’’

I don't think the Huskies have played one good first half against anyone besides the scrimmage against Idaho State so he's wrong there.

Hard to sell the second half when Oregon literally scored on every single drive but the final mercy kneel drive.
  • mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

October 15, 2013 at 8:17 AMRating: You must be signed in to rate this post. (7) You must be signed in to rate this post. (0) Log in to
    report abuse
    Larry makes a great point about the schedule -- something I've noticed but haven't heard any comments about. In essence, the Husky schedule is unfriendly, in that most of the pivotal games are on the road. Here's what I mean: (looking at schedule in August)

Swing games (pivotal): BSU, Arizona, ASU, UCLA, OSU

Likely wins: Illinois, Idaho St., Cal, Colo, WSU

Likely losses: Stan, Ore

Ideally, you'd like to see the pivotal games at home and the likely wins on the road. Unfortunately, the Dawgs have 3/5 of their pivotal games on the road and 5/6 of their likely wins at home.

To win 9 games, they have to "hold serve" on all their "likely win" games and win 3 of the 5 pivotal games. All three of the remaining pivotal games are on the road. They beat BSU and Ariz at home, so they'll need to win 2/3 vs. ASU, UCLA and OSU all on the road to have a chance to reach 9 wins.

So, from a "home and away" standpoint, the remaining schedule is a tough one. The ASU game is huge.

Judging by the comments and every comment that is critical of Sark receiving a ton of thumb downs and doog 101 posts like this have 7 thumbs up and zero thumbs down our fan base has learned nothing.

Again with the blaming of the conference schedule?!! Jesus Christ when do these excuses ever fucking end?!

This is why Washington is dead. Fans like these fucks put zero pressure and in fact support this bullshit program. So there is no sudden rush to change anything. To upper campus everything is going just great.

mhawkeye
    Redondo, WA
    681 comments

October 15, 2013 at 8:17 AMRating: You must be signed in to rate this post. (7) You must be signed in to rate this post. (0) Log in to
    report abuse
    Larry makes a great point about the schedule -- something I've noticed but haven't heard any comments about. In essence, the Husky schedule is unfriendly, in that most of the pivotal games are on the road. Here's what I mean: (looking at schedule in August)

Swing games (pivotal): BSU, Arizona, ASU, UCLA, OSU

Likely wins: Illinois, Idaho St., Cal, Colo, WSU

Likely losses: Stan, Ore

Ideally, you'd like to see the pivotal games at home and the likely wins on the road. Unfortunately, the Dawgs have 3/5 of their pivotal games on the road and 5/6 of their likely wins at home.

To win 9 games, they have to "hold serve" on all their "likely win" games and win 3 of the 5 pivotal games. All three of the remaining pivotal games are on the road. They beat BSU and Ariz at home, so they'll need to win 2/3 vs. ASU, UCLA and OSU all on the road to have a chance to reach 9 wins.

So, from a "home and away" standpoint, the remaining schedule is a tough one. The ASU game is huge.

Judging by the comments and every comment that is critical of Sark receiving a ton of thumb downs and doog 101 posts like this have 7 thumbs up and zero thumbs down our fan base has learned nothing.

Again with the blaming of the conference schedule?!! Jesus Christ when do these excuses ever fucking end?!

This is why Washington is dead. Fans like these fucks put zero pressure and in fact support this bullshit program. So there is no sudden rush to change anything. To upper campus everything is going just great.

The excuses for Sark end the day after he's fired. Coincidentally, these same Doogs will tell us they knew Sark was the wrong guy all along.

LRR
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    My wish: 7-5, lose bowl for 7-6, fire Sark, after a long and exhausting coaching search they hire Lane Kiffin
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    That's why I stopped posting on ST while back. Tired of going head to head with some of those homers w/ 3,000 posts.

I saw someone posted a link to HH today, and one of those retards went off the deep end. Funny enough, I think Jood is well aware of the situation.

My wish: 7-5, lose bowl for 7-6, fire Sark, after a long and exhausting coaching search they hire Lane Kiffin

El. Oh. El.

If Sark gets fired, it's before the bowl game or Scott Woodward is even more retarded than we all think he is.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Sark won 9 games last year and Woody agrees.

The only thing on the line Saturday is the increase in the size of the contract extension Sark signs at the end of the year
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

El. Oh. El.

If Sark gets fired, it's before the bowl game or Scott Woodward is even more retarded than we all think he is.

Would Lane coach the bowl game?