Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marlon Tuipulotu visiting USC this weekend

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I agree it's too far to call for heads. But fuck, shit sucks hard. We got played by SC and Marlon.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2017
    This shit is ridiculous and most of those who posted in this thread should probably take a long fucking walk with their husband to gain some perspective

Marlon to the Seattle Storm! Weddington to the Tacoma Rainiers!

Remember, Emptmahnh was a 2 star
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Apparently there's room for only one Marlon at UW
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This isn't just about Malloe ... this is something where IMO we really need to take stock of what happened not only with Tui but also with Wedington ...

I'd agree that it is an over-reaction to just say that anybody should be fired ... a compete and total evaluation of the breakdown(s) need to be figured out to determine if the source is more systematic or just misses where we should have better seen this coming.

That being said, it is completely dooging head in sand behavior to not view this as a major concern. These kinds of misses in the business world can cost jobs ... not an understatement. The foundation of success starts with recruiting. Our surest path to success is to be dominate on both lines ... Pete has said as much.

Fixing problems when it is obviously that things are broken is too late ... it is imparative that whatever broke down is isolated to a 2017 issue and doesn't bleed into 2018.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    We lost this one, it does sux but we need move on. I think Ikaika should be put on 1 strike policy. He can not lose a top 5 DT in the country again. His ass better out recruit for 2018. We are going to have a huge drop off after next year, unless there is juco fix.
  • Options
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

This isn't just about Malloe ... this is something where IMO we really need to take stock of what happened not only with Tui but also with Wedington ...

I'd agree that it is an over-reaction to just say that anybody should be fired ... a compete and total evaluation of the breakdown(s) need to be figured out to determine if the source is more systematic or just misses where we should have better seen this coming.

That being said, it is completely dooging head in sand behavior to not view this as a major concern. These kinds of misses in the business world can cost jobs ... not an understatement. The foundation of success starts with recruiting. Our surest path to success is to be dominate on both lines ... Pete has said as much.

Fixing problems when it is obviously that things are broken is too late ... it is imparative that whatever broke down is isolated to a 2017 issue and doesn't bleed into 2018.

You don't say...again in slightly different words.
    That's basically this thread for everybody ... full on venting
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2017

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HE STAYING

I know your being sarcastic but if the rumors are true that Malloe flew in Thursday and got blown off by the entire family who is trying to keep this undercover (I assume just in case something doesn't work out) then I'm pretty sure that relationship is pretty much nuked.
    It would be very hypocritical of Pete to have his standards and then still take him if it went down the way it has been alleged to have gone down ...

There's something about being caught unprepared that isn't sitting well with me.
    I'm sorry that they let you down. When will Pete and Malloe be over to your house to beg for your forgiveness and take your advice on NCAA recruiting?
    That has nothing to do with it and you know it ...

For the balance of this class, this was the only DL we were recruiting. It was established early on that we were taking 1, at most 2, DL in this class.

We locked the verbal in back in April ... the job from that point forward for Malloe was to have his finger on the pulse of Marlon and the family to make sure that he knew everything that was going on. I think it's fair to say that for whatever reason he didn't.

So what happened here? What was the breakdown? It's way too doogish to me to just sit there and say "oh, SC showed interest and offered a job to the brother and that was that" or "we just can't compete with SC in recruiting" ... no matter how much truth is in each of those statements.

There is this threshold that I look at on things about what was known or knowable ... there seems to be enough other things going on here that make me think that this should have been known or knowable ... the debatable item is when it was that ... but we didn't magically find ourselves in trouble here just this week.
    Everyone realizes this sucks. Tui was the most important commit in the class, partly because he's a monster and partly because of need. We are stuck here with our dick in our hand. It sucks.

Where you and these other completely lose me is the Malloe bashing and overdramatic bullshit about how he needs to be on watch. The DL was a huge reason for our success. They all improved, some greatly under Malloe last year. You fucks that put recruiting ahead actual on field production? You continue to not get it.
    Obviously you make a good point, but let's not forget that Pete himself said that the key to getting UW back on top is "recruiting and developing good defensive linemen."

Also, Kwiatkowski is the exceptional DL coach on this staff. Make no miatake.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HE STAYING

I know your being sarcastic but if the rumors are true that Malloe flew in Thursday and got blown off by the entire family who is trying to keep this undercover (I assume just in case something doesn't work out) then I'm pretty sure that relationship is pretty much nuked.
    It would be very hypocritical of Pete to have his standards and then still take him if it went down the way it has been alleged to have gone down ...

There's something about being caught unprepared that isn't sitting well with me.
    I'm sorry that they let you down. When will Pete and Malloe be over to your house to beg for your forgiveness and take your advice on NCAA recruiting?

For the balance of this class, this was the only DL we were recruiting. It was established early on that we were taking 1, at most 2, DL in this class.

We locked the verbal in back in April ... the job from that point forward for Malloe was to have his finger on the pulse of Marlon and the family to make sure that he knew everything that was going on. I think it's fair to say that for whatever reason he didn't.

So what happened here? What was the breakdown? It's way too doogish to me to just sit there and say "oh, SC showed interest and offered a job to the brother and that was that" or "we just can't compete with SC in recruiting" ... no matter how much truth is in each of those statements.

There is this threshold that I look at on things about what was known or knowable ... there seems to be enough other things going on here that make me think that this should have been known or knowable ... the debatable item is when it was that ... but we didn't magically find ourselves in trouble here just this week.
    Everyone realizes this sucks. Tui was the most important commit in the class, partly because he's a monster and partly because of need. We are stuck here with our dick in our hand. It sucks.

Where you and these other completely lose me is the Malloe bashing and overdramatic bullshit about how he needs to be on watch. The DL was a huge reason for our success. They all improved, some greatly under Malloe last year. You fucks that put recruiting ahead actual on field production? You continue to not get it.
    Obviously you make a good point, but let's not forget that Pete himself said that the key to getting UW back on top is "recruiting and developing good defensive linemen."

No argument, but if the kid came on his visit and told Pete he was in last weekend, what can they do? There is the chance that didn't happen, but that's the information we have. They can't keep a 24/7 watch on the kid and I don't think that's how this program works.

A guy commits, Petersen tells him he's one of them, they have his back, they will take care of him, but they need his commitment in return. That seems to be the message behind UW's recruiting philosophy. It sucks.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trust the process, I guess. Damn ...
  • Options

Tequilla said:

So in a business setting, a big client (Tui) commits to the deal in person in front of the boss (Peterson) and the sales rep (Malloe), you fire the sales rep when the client finds a better deal?
    Not far fetched at all for that to happen depending on the causes of the Client going elsewhere ...

Whether business or coaching, I've seen plenty of examples of people losing their jobs as executives hold point people under them responsible for missing targets ... often targets missed because of their inability to close big deals (for sales).
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

So in a business setting, a big client (Tui) commits to the deal in person in front of the boss (Peterson) and the sales rep (Malloe), you fire the sales rep when the client finds a better deal?
    Hahahaha, THIS

Tequilla's "business world" analogy couldn't have been any further from reality....
  • Options

Passion said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HE STAYING

No argument, but if the kid came on his visit and told Pete he was in last weekend, what can they do? There is the chance that didn't happen, but that's the information we have. They can't keep a 24/7 watch on the kid and I don't think that's how this program works.

A guy commits, Petersen tells him he's one of them, they have his back, they will take care of him, but they need his commitment in return. That seems to be the message behind UW's recruiting philosophy. It sucks.
    The challenge is sifting through the words and the actions ...

You sound like somebody I know this year that told me that they consider words to speak louder than actions ...

If you have good gut feelings and reactions, you can tell when something isn't adding up.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Not far fetched at all for that to happen depending on the causes of the Client going elsewhere ...

Whether business or coaching, I've seen plenty of examples of people losing their jobs as executives hold point people under them responsible for missing targets ... often targets missed because of their inability to close big deals (for sales).
    Losing a top 5 DT in the country is considered a fuck-up of epic proportions. This is a result oriented business, people only care about results not excuses.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You sure as shit find out why your rep failed to present your value in a manner that was impossible to refuse. A better deal isn't possible if you've done your homework.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Losing a top 5 DT in the country is considered a fuck-up of epic proportions. This is a result oriented business, people only care about results not excuses.
    The results were 12-2 on the field this past year
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Hahahaha, THIS

Tequilla's "business world" analogy couldn't have been any further from reality....
    If a company loses a deal towards the end of the year that causes them to go from meeting annual targets to a significant miss, you lead a sheltered professional life.

It's not a guarantee that someone gets scapegoated for it ... but far from a surprise to anybody.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

You sure as shit find out why your rep failed to present your value in a manner that was impossible to refuse. A better deal isn't possible if you've done your homework.
    Yeah, a better deal is possible.

It turns out Martha the CPO's daughter just got engaged to the jackass at competitor X...competitor X inks the deal while you sit around wondering what the fuck happened.

Weird shit happens, and just because something goes wrong doesn't mean fire everyone if you're a fucking college playoff team.