Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As With Most Things Sark

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Tequilla said:

So what I'm seeing in the College Football Matrix is that the baseline for the program this year ranged between 9-3 and 10-2 ...

I felt that 10-2 was the best case scenario for the year going into it ... and that looks to be consistent w/ the Matrix ... it was possibly too optimistic in thinking we'd not get plungered by Oregon at home.

The matrix makes sense strictly from a Jimmy and Joe standpoint ...

FTFY
  • This team SHOULD win 10 however at best they'll win 8.

Beating ASU will be easier than Oregon State IMO.

Oregon State has something they are elite at(passing) while ASU doesn't.

Lose this one and 7-5 is happening.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    7.5 - Vegas really amazes me
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

There's some good ... there's some bad.

Good to see that he understands that the ASU game is the biggest game of the year (now that he's failed to end the Decade of Dominance) ...

There's no doubt that the PAC has a number of good teams ... but it's critical this year that he shows that he doesn't have his annual 3 game October swoon in him ...

Forget the score Saturday, I saw more good things than bad things ... and that's not a moral victory. Oregon's good ... better than we are right now. They adjusted to the things that we took away and minimized where we had advantages. That's what good teams do.

Time to go beat Arizona State ... a 9 and even 10 win season are still within reach.

Tequilla still loved Sark in October 2013 bump.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,947 Founders Club
    edited February 2017

Tequilla said:

Good to see that he understands that the ASU game is the biggest game of the year (now that he's failed to end the Decade of Dominance) ...

There's no doubt that the PAC has a number of good teams ... but it's critical this year that he shows that he doesn't have his annual 3 game October swoon in him ...

Forget the score Saturday, I saw more good things than bad things ... and that's not a moral victory. Oregon's good ... better than we are right now. They adjusted to the things that we took away and minimized where we had advantages. That's what good teams do.

Time to go beat Arizona State ... a 9 and even 10 win season are still within reach.

Can you bump something post 2013 at ASU or perhaps after the UCLA game to add to this assessment? Seems like the ASU game that year was the final nail in the coffin and proof that Sark could never achieve better than 5-4 in conference. I think heading into 2013 it was readily apparent that Sark probably was mediocre/somewhat crappy at best as a HC, but don't think it was case closed that he couldn't produce a 7-2 and 6-3 in conference type of year.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    That was a fantastic game. Iirc you guys ended up with like -5 rushing yards after your RB was leading the nation in rushing.

Classic sarkish performance. How he fools people is just mind boggling

Tequilla said:

Can you bump something post 2013 at ASU or perhaps after the UCLA game to add to this assessment? Seems like the ASU game that year was the final nail in the coffin and proof that Sark could never achieve better than 5-4 in conference. I think heading into 2013 it was readily apparent that Sark probably was mediocre/somewhat crappy at best as a HC, but don't think it was case closed that he couldn't produce a 7-2 and 6-3 in conference type of year.
    CHRIST.

He should have been fired in 2011
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

There's nothing in that comment that suggests that I love Sark ... sorry ... try again

Also FUCK OFF in stealing DDY's avatar ... that should get you perma-banned

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

He should have been fired in 2011
    Yeah, in hindsight he was complete and total piece of shit. But who amongst this segment of the fan base was on record at the end of 2011 calling for his head on a spike? I have no idea - I was never a Dawgman guy, nor did participate in the predecessor to this site.

That was a fantastic game. Iirc you guys ended up with like -5 rushing yards after your RB was leading the nation in rushing.

Classic sarkish performance. How he fools people is just mind boggling

Fuck that game in the face. There's been a lot of shitty losses to Sparky over the years but that one was epic in it's shittiness.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There's nothing in that comment that suggests that I love Sark ... sorry ... try again

Huh?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Huh?
    That's one way to find yourself ignored ...
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Huh?
    It is bad for my brand.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Huh?
    It is bad for my brand.
    You need to have an opinion to have a brand
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Good bump. Nice to read a glimpse back to when boobs was one of the better posters here and actually tried.

Gladstone said:

Good bump. Nice to read a glimpse back to when boobs was one of the better posters here and actually tried.

Boobs hasn't changed much. The team being good is the real difference. It's a small price to pay.
    Bingo. There's not much to debate when the team is good.