Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As With Most Things Sark

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I don't know where the pre-season thread went but most people considered 10 wins a good season. Can't move the goalposts like Auburn.

9-4 and the season is a failure. 10-3 passes.

Will be favored against OSU and should split ASU/UCLA. Thats 9-3, win the bowl for 10 wins.

Winning out would show real progress, but thats only realistic if you win this weekend.

Sadly, I agree with greenblood and would guess 9-4 at this point.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

And where have I ever said that moral victories are a good thing?

In the first three words of this thread.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    1) A win is all that matters - a loss is a loss no matter by how much ... at the end all that they measure is wins vs losses

2) If you lose, that doesn't mean that there aren't things that you did well ... just like if you win there aren't things that you did poorly

3) When you do lose, how do you rebound and get yourself back on track? For this program this week, this is a week full of pressure and adversity. We'll see what kind of sack most of these guys have this weekend.

I don't know where the pre-season thread went but most people considered 10 wins a good season. Can't move the goalposts like Auburn.

Will be favored against OSU and should split ASU/UCLA. Thats 9-3, win the bowl for 10 wins.

Winning out would show real progress, but thats only realistic if you win this weekend.

Your ongoing optimism in the face of a mountain of evidence is so cute.

I don't even think UW will be favored against OS. The Beavers will likely be 7-3 going into that game and could be 8-2 if they beat Stanford at home or win at ASU. Unlike the Huskies, the Beavers have actually proven they can win on the road in the Pac-12.

By the way, I'm 100% sure UW won't win out if they don't win this weekend.
    9-4 would tell me that the program more or less hit expectations this year ... the "negative" to that would be that you'd like for the program to outperform at some point under Sark ... that would be an area for concern.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

YRYK.

As much as I hate to admit it, because after the last two TSIFO, I think I did say 9-4 would be decent, but still shoudl get him canned due to SOS and YEAR 5, and 10-3 would be a solid season. So yeah, 10-3 and I will ease up. 9-4 he should still be canned but I won't yell at Auburn (RIP) all the time. 8-5 or worse, I am going nuclear.
    Tequilla said:

9-4 would tell me that the program more or less hit expectations this year ... the "negative" to that would be that you'd like for the program to outperform at some point under Sark ... that would be an area for concern.

9-4 this year is still underperforming:

http://cfbmatrix.com/portfolio/washington-huskies-2013/

Hope this helps even though I know it won't.

Sark should be fired if he goes 5-4 in conference for the fourth year in a row. 6-3 barely buys him one more year.
    Tequilla said:

1) A win is all that matters - a loss is a loss no matter by how much ... at the end all that they measure is wins vs losses

2) If you lose, that doesn't mean that there aren't things that you did well ... just like if you win there aren't things that you did poorly

3) When you do lose, how do you rebound and get yourself back on track? For this program this week, this is a week full of pressure and adversity. We'll see what kind of sack most of these guys have this weekend.

Was point #3 from today or from last Monday?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Tequilla said:

Sarkspeak. It is having its intended effect.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    edited October 2013
    We lost 59 to 24, maybe 59 to 14 ... depending on how a few calls go.

The touchback was a good call, but it was self-imposed by Oregon, not by us.

Lowe was wide open - I catch that pass and walk in for 6.

Almost as embarassingly as when Chip did it for his mancrush, Helfrich killed the clock with 6 or 7 minutes to go.

The truth is, they could have scored 70 on us with only slightly different circumstances that have nothing to do with our play, and they basically kept Sankey in check but for two plays.

If all you're going to call Oregon is "good", then we are crap.

If we're a good team, then they are historically great.

I'm sorry. The silver lining that you see entirely escapes me.

We lost 59 to 24, maybe 59 to 14 ... depending on how a few calls go.

The touchback was a good call, but it was self-imposed by Oregon, not by us.

Lowe was wide open - I catch that pass and walk in for 6.

Almost as embarassingly as when Chip did it for his mancrush, Helfrich killed the clock with 6 or 7 minutes to go.

The truth is, they could have scored 70 on us with only slightly different circumstances that have nothing to do with our play, and they basically kept Sankey in check but for two plays.

If all you're going to call Oregon is "good", then we are crap.

If we're a good team, then they are historically great.

I'm sorry. The Sark silver lining that you see entirely escapes me.

That should reveal why it escapes you, and me.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Sark should be fired if he goes 5-4 in conference for the fourth year in a row. 6-3 barely buys him one more year.

Why don't more people understand this. 5-4 = 5-4 = 5-4 = 5-4 .

If there was ever a year to get to a hollow 9-4 it was last year with a depleted offensive line (Great Recruiting as Always) and a first year DC with an improving defense.

This year 5-4 is a huge failure with a 5th year senior good QB and all conference tailback with an above average defense.

Things are not going to be better next season breaking in a new QB.
    edited October 2013

I don't even think UW will be favored against OS. The Beavers will likely be 7-3 going into that game and could be 8-2 if they beat Stanford at home or win at ASU. Unlike the Huskies, the Beavers have actually proven they can win on the road in the Pac-12.

Funny thing is, if OSU was UW, you'd have the exact opposite view....

OSU has played the 69th schedule, UW #7, according to Sagarin. Yeah the win over Utah looks good but their schedule is back loaded. They'll lose to Stanford, USC and ASU and be 6-4. Then they'll lose to UW & UO.

OSU is 10th in total defense (ypp) and rush defense (ypc), 9th in scoring D and last in rush offense. This is a team that is going to really struggle later in the season because they have a shit defense and the worst run game in the conference.

OSU has played the 69th schedule, UW #7, according to Sagarin. Yeah the win over Utah looks good but their schedule is back loaded. They'll lose to Stanford, USC and ASU and be 6-4. Then they'll lose to UW & UO.

OSU is 10th in total defense (ypp) and rush defense (ypc), 9th in scoring D and last in rush offense. This is a team that is going to really struggle later in the season because they have a shit defense and the worst run game in the conference.
    OSU isn't losing all three of those games. Two of them are at home. USC hates playing in the state of Oregon.

Great Dooging as always though.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know
    where the pre-season thread went but most people considered 10 wins a good season. Can't move the goalposts like Auburn.

OSU is about the same place they were when the Huskies didn't show up to play the last time in Corvallis.

Same coach, different outcome? Insanity.
    edited October 2013
    Screenshots are saved and filed away....
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

If it wasn't for those meddling refs in Palo Altos, 6-3 would have been possible.

If it wasn't for those meddling refs in Palo Altos, 6-3 would have been possible.

Conspiracy theory superiority guy.
    So what I'm seeing in the College Football Matrix is that the baseline for the program this year ranged between 9-3 and 10-2 ...

I felt that 10-2 was the best case scenario for the year going into it ... and that looks to be consistent w/ the Matrix ... it was possibly too optimistic in thinking we'd get Oregon at home.

The matrix makes sense strictly from a Jimmy and Joe standpoint ...