Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joe Tryon

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I didn't hear it, but I guess Jason Puckett went on a major sand vag rage today regarding the Tryon flip. Called Petersen classless and a hypocrite for going after kids who are committed to other schools

Bump
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he's better than DJ, he is every bit the athlete DJ is but he actually has counter moves to original rush..

When you’re right, you are right. I never knew you were also on the DJ is big and fast but kind of sucks train with me.

I didn’t like Tryon’s lack of production in high school and he played for a shit program, but I came around on him when he was at UW.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Congrats @backthepack on your correct Hot Take!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Happy for Joe Tryon. Let's be honest, though. His overall impact as a UW football player was pretty minimal for a guy drafted in the first round. He got a scholarship offer because he was an athletic specimen with a lot of upside, not because he was a dominant player in high school. He got drafted because he is still an athletic specimen with a lot of upside, not because he was a dominant player in college.

Agree with that. He had some great plays, but no great seasons.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021
    Baseman said:

Congrats @backthepack on your correct Hot Take!

Thank you
  • Options
    dnc said:

Watched his hudl holy fucking shit...He will be a first round pick, when he leaves UW..

Bumping this before BTP does.

Yungin's Tryon takes were all over the bored.
    #FudgieAlwaysRight!1!1!1!1
  • Options

This just means they whiffed again on another 5 star they coveted. They aren't getting the kids they wanted, which is fine with me. Projects are what WSU makes into stars, it's our schtick. Not sure if UW will want to waste a lot of time on a project, if they're truly 'back'. We'll see how things go. Good luck to the young man. This is a tough time for any recruited athlete.

Dude Tryon is a legit 4 star talent... he is 6"5 240 and runs a 4.6 forty, watch his fucking hudl this guy is going to be a monster because he is a freak and already has decent technique
    Stick to Geometry proofs. More your speed.
    Hey
  • Options

This just means they whiffed again on another 5 star they coveted. They aren't getting the kids they wanted, which is fine with me. Projects are what WSU makes into stars, it's our schtick. Not sure if UW will want to waste a lot of time on a project, if they're truly 'back'. We'll see how things go. Good luck to the young man. This is a tough time for any recruited athlete.

Dude Tryon is a legit 4 star talent... he is 6"5 240 and runs a 4.6 forty, watch his fucking hudl this guy is going to be a monster because he is a freak and already has decent technique
    Stick to Geometry proofs. More your speed.
    No, you just are an idiot who can't see talent right in front of your fucking eyes.
    Christ
    Hey cunt
  • Options
    Those are the 2 most boomer gifs I’ve ever seen.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Too bad UW cannot sell Tryon development to JTT
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Watched his hudl holy fucking shit...He will be a first round pick, when he leaves UW..

Bumping this before BTP does.

Yungin's Tryon takes were all over the bored.
    #FudgieAlwaysRight!1!1!1!1
    Tryon will either suck because he was dominated by fudgies fren as a sophomore OR he will be a first round pick because holy shit hudl.

EWIWBI
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Happy for Joe Tryon. Let's be honest, though. His overall impact as a UW football player was pretty minimal for a guy drafted in the first round. He got a scholarship offer because he was an athletic specimen with a lot of upside, not because he was a dominant player in high school. He got drafted because he is still an athletic specimen with a lot of upside, not because he was a dominant player in college.

Mostly true. I don't think anyone is going to spend a ton of tim reminiscing about the Joe Tryon era at UW.