Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joe Tryon

Comments

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think he's better than DJ, he is every bit the athlete DJ is but he actually has counter moves to original rush..

I mean, I like Tryon, but he only had 1 sack as a Senior. DJ probably had like 30.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Puppy just texted me an old school comparison to Tryon. Curtis Bogan Renton High. Very similar. Sadly Bogan never made it in.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Puppy just texted me an old school comparison to Tryon. Curtis Bogan Renton High. Very similar. Sadly Bogan never made it in.

Great news. This means Tryon will be a beast.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Watch the hudl again. His hand attacking is very weak. He either ran through guys or around them. There were a couple examples of spin moves that looked slow, and on a few runs he was having issues getting disengaged.

That being said, his athleticism jumps out at you. Couple years under Coach K and Coach M of technique, and he'll play meaningful snaps in 2020.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017

I think he's better than DJ, he is every bit the athlete DJ is but he actually has counter moves to original rush..

I mean, I like Tryon, but he only had 1 sack as a Senior. DJ probably had like 30.
    He had like 10 sacks( going by hudl), 20 tfl, and 82 tackles
  • Options

Think your looking at his junior year stats when he wasn't good
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

His junior tape is a fucking disaster. I think Tracy Ford was roided this boy up during the offseason.
  • Options

Could you please use a player reference from this century for us the the millennial doogs?
    #millennialdoogslivematter
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2017
    Swaye said:

Now more than ever:

Fucking loser Cuogs.

The difference between 3 star and 4 star is very small when compared to 5 star versus 4 star. UW doesn't get the 5 star players, never will. So we'll continue to compete for the next level of talent below the elites. You win the battles in Washington most of the time. Fortunately, there is a lot of similar talent out there in Texas, California, and Florida.

There is a reason why WSU has won 6+ PAC 12 games the last 2 years, the talent level is very close to an even playing field. Our coaches just have to work harder in uncovering the 3/4 star athletes in Texas/Florida/California that would undoubtedly be 4 star in Washington, whom compete against lesser talent.

I'm just glad we are all talking about upper PAC 12 seasons instead of who went 0-12.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Undefeated fans

Mike Utley?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I love coogfarm.

It always warms my heart to see Aubs on there in the trenches with other Doogs begging everyone to ignore him.

He does not get credit for being a good troll. Not @TierbsHsotBoobs good but worthy of the Troll HOF.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

From his commit story...

"The talented defensive end prospect finished with 40 tackles, one sack and one interception that he returned for a touchdown on defense while hauling in 31 receptions for 650 yards and 11 scores as a tight end on the offensive side of the ball."

It's possible that he didn't play as much defense since it looks like he was full-time on the offensive side of the ball.
  • Options

From his commit story...

"The talented defensive end prospect finished with 40 tackles, one sack and one interception that he returned for a touchdown on defense while hauling in 31 receptions for 650 yards and 11 scores as a tight end on the offensive side of the ball."

It's possible that he didn't play as much defense since it looks like he was full-time on the offensive side of the ball.
    I looked at his stats on maxpreps
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tryon is okay. I don't love him. One of my least favorite recruits. That said, I can see how he ends up a good player.
  • Options

Tryon is okay. I don't love him. One of my least favorite recruits. That said, I can see how he ends up a good player.

At worst I think he will be a better version of Travis Feeney.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

At worst I think he will be a better version of Travis Feeney.
    They aren't similar players. Tryon is way bigger.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Lol these kids just use WSU as a seat until they get better offers. Leach and his staff are fucking idiots if they weren't out recruiting other guys and fully prepared for this. It happens every year.