Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM from @TyJones

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

NEsnake12 said:

Sadly, I think that Jones will flip, tOSU is too good to turn down.

Lol so you think Deonte Johnson will flip to UW and Ty Jones will flip to Ohio State?

What the fuck does "too good to turn down" even fucking mean?

Christ.
    Yes, I think that DJ Johnson will flip to UW. Ty Jones might not flip, but he might decommit anytime. tOSU has a more successful coach than us at this point. They also produce better players.
    Wow you are a fucking clown... Dj is Miami and Ty is all uw
    Dj will flip, Miami is a pretty weird choice.
    Miami was his favorite childhood team and his older bro is the main one who pushed him there.

Fwiw a certain TBS reporter who isn't Ektard hinted today that DJ and his family might come up for an unofficial visit in one of the later weekends this month to help make a final decision. She wouldn't drop the name but it's pretty obvious based on the context and hints.
    It's Wyatt Davis. If they trip....Could be here this weekend...Tick.tick. Tick.... Faggot wink.jpeg
    This was in addition to Wyatt Davis. She has 2 unnamed guys coming up here.
    Joseph Lewis and DJ Johnson, Oh man, one can dream right?
    Ok buddy I am all for having fantasies, but you need to put crack pipe down and step away from the computer.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Lol so you think Deonte Johnson will flip to UW and Ty Jones will flip to Ohio State?

Christ.
    Yes, I think that DJ Johnson will flip to UW. Ty Jones might not flip, but he might decommit anytime. tOSU has a more successful coach than us at this point. They also produce better players.
    Miami was his favorite childhood team and his older bro is the main one who pushed him there.

Fwiw a certain TBS reporter who isn't Ektard hinted today that DJ and his family might come up for an unofficial visit in one of the later weekends this month to help make a final decision. She wouldn't drop the name but it's pretty obvious based on the context and hints.
    Lindsey Thirey?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

NEsnake12 said:

Christ.

Lindsey Thirey?
    Brian Cook
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    doogville said:

doogville said:

Mad_Son said:

So they offer ty jones as a back up after soneone decommits from them and they are too good to turn down? Clearly others already have. Ohio state offers nothing uw doesn't. UW in this case probably had early playing time.
    I'm just pessimistic about everything now, first we lost Wedington and then Sarell. Hopefully Jones is loyal.
    We didn't fucking lose Sarell he was never fucking coming to UW.
    Fuck that. Sark didn't get to play that card, neither does peterman.

Sarrell is a whiff. Enough said on that.

Pressing badly
    You can like Pete's recruiting, but no need to pretend he didn't miss on foster when he did. Dude spent a lot of hours trying to reel him in, and he signed with Stanford... not sure how else you spin that.

and we ripped sark for missing on Garnett, even tho he "was never coming to UW" or whatever bullshit. Neither was Budda, etc, etc, etc.

There's always a reason a recruit goes somewhere else, so only results matter.
    Bullshit. In 7th grade the kid wrote a paper about going to Stanford to play football. He focused on making that happen. Thats not a miss. That's a kid achieving his goal.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

NEsnake12 said:

Christ.

It's Wyatt Davis. If they trip....Could be here this weekend...Tick.tick. Tick.... Faggot wink.jpeg
    This was in addition to Wyatt Davis. She has 2 unnamed guys coming up here.
    Joseph Lewis and DJ Johnson, Oh man, one can dream right?
    Ok buddy I am all for having fantasies, but you need to put crack pipe down and step away from the computer to get some perspective.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

DeepSeaZ said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

Mad_Son said:

So they offer ty jones as a back up after soneone decommits from them and they are too good to turn down? Clearly others already have. Ohio state offers nothing uw doesn't. UW in this case probably had early playing time.
    I'm just pessimistic about everything now, first we lost Wedington and then Sarell. Hopefully Jones is loyal.

Pressing badly
    You can like Pete's recruiting, but no need to pretend he didn't miss on foster when he did. Dude spent a lot of hours trying to reel him in, and he signed with Stanford... not sure how else you spin that.

and we ripped sark for missing on Garnett, even tho he "was never coming to UW" or whatever bullshit. Neither was Budda, etc, etc, etc.

Bullshit. In 7th grade the kid wrote a paper about going to Stanford to play football. He focused on making that happen. Thats not a miss. That's a kid achieving his goal.
    I would buy this argument 100% if he had committed to Stanford the moment he was accepted and never tripped anywhere else.
    Who wouldn't take the trips just to take the trips? The whole announcing on national tv thing isn't my thing but if that's a part of his vision than fuck it.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DeepSeaZ said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

Mad_Son said:

Pressing badly

A 7th grader has no conception of the world outside of his bedroom to be able to set goals. His letter as a 13yr old isn't evidence of goal setting if you have no idea where Stanford even is (which he likely didn't)
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I had a goal as a little kid to go to Stanford because of the educational side ... knowing what Stanford offered never changed in my mind

Other things did change in my mind over the next 10+ years ... UW was the only school I officially applied to for undergrad

In the end, choices and decisions get made based on what best matches goals and desires moving forward

There's no question that Fozzy would have been a difficult turn ... but not an impossible one. He became impossible when we were unable to offer him a compelling enough story on why he and his family should view UW as the better fit today and going forward
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017
    I'm going to go mini-Teq here.

Stanford, and to some extent any undergrad degree, is a brand and nothing more for many. I see this as especially true in the hiring world. It is incredibly common here in SF for candidates to only be considered if they have a diploma from an "elite" university. If he was worried about getting his first job out of college, then yes I would say a Stanford degree would give him a significant leg up over most applicants or at least put him in the pool of acceptable applicants.

Personally, I think this is a stupid hiring practice as undergrad educations from "top 10" universities are by and large not appreciably different than those from "top 25" or "top 50" universities. I've worked/work with plenty of Stanford undergrads who are in no way better equipped or more talented than anyone else on their teams. Grad programs are a whole different animal. When we get into grad programs, yes universities like Stanford truly do have the brightest minds and most leading edge research. But I digress...

In my opinion, if you're going to be a left tackle in the NFL and make millions, then where you get your undergraduate degree from is moot. By the time you get out of the league, your income will be from investments you've made along the way or investments you will make, not from joining the workforce as an entry level employee. If you want to have a Stanford education that is meaningful as a professional athlete, then that is a graduate level education.

• MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Why in fuck is yet another thread being inundated with Fozzy bullshit? Jesus
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DawgFader said:

DeepSeaZ said:

doogville said:

doogville said:

Mad_Son said:

Pressing badly

I think the story goes...Harbag heard about a giant 8th grader that was destroying tiny children on the football field. He hand wrote the giant child a letter telling him he wanted him to think about what Stanford had to offer. The seed was planted early in life and matured as you would expect. Sark was drinking Patron at Joey's with some Omega Moo's.

Weak to be stuck holding the second place trophy. Only out weaknessed by a late period loss for arguably the most important position this cycle.
    Sark recruiting Martell
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There are some companies that are able to hire based on the "best and brightest" where they take from only a select number of schools ... that's their culture and probably their best bet going forward to make sure that they are getting like minded people. To each their own. Fortunately there are more than a few different companies out there.

I can definitely say that part of the reason that I ended up at TCU for grad school was because I went to the University of Washington for undergrad. As TCU was building up their MBA program, they specifically targeted the non-traditional MBA student by looking at taking students that would be in 5-7 years the students that would be populating many of the more elite MBA programs and getting them into their program earlier. They were right place and right time for a number of us in the program ...

The thing is that schools whether or undergrad or grad programs are all about fitting into what it is that you're looking for going forward. From an educational standpoint, what I learned going through the Foster School of Business at UW prepared me very well for what I saw at TCU in the MBA program. What Foster didn't prepare me well for in advancing into the business world were the soft skills necessary to being successful whether it was managing relationships, working in teams in a professional environment, networking, etc. TCU's MBA program put us in those positions on a constant basis that exposed areas where we were weak and gave us plenty of opportunities to improve upon them. Other programs have very different focuses and they fit a certain student.

The reality is that what an undergrad degree gives you is a foundation to build on as you start your career in whatever field that you are in. It doesn't matter what school you come from you're not walking out of that program and going into the business world (as anything really other than an entrepreneur) where you're going to by far know better what to do than anybody around you. You just can't. It's impossible. But the decisions that you make regarding school, degree, etc. do provide you opportunities if you play your cards well to get your foot in the door, networking opportunities, and further educational opportunities. But there are successful people that come from every school with numerous different degrees ... so in the end it matters, but not THAT much.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ty Jones has a great catching radius.