Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Made his top 8... USC did too, so yeah.

My take on the list:

Big 10 Schools: Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Pedo St = these teams are likely to be in the conference/national championship picture (because the balance of the world hasn't caught onto the fact that the Big 10 hasn't been relevant on the national scale for years because generally speaking they aren't athletic enough) ... however, for an interior DL the Big 10 gives the opportunity to stand out playing smash mouth football

Warm Weather Option with high end HC: TCU = despite what many here may think that have never been around TCU and like to give me shit, there's actually more to the school that makes it attractive and since moving into the Big 12 it's taking hold as their recruiting base continues to expand. Patterson is widely regarded as an elite defensive coach, their defensive results tend to speak for themselves, and despite a down year last year, their defensive numbers by and large were still very reasonable by Big 12 standards. TCU's DL coach is Zarnell Fitch who was a DL when I was getting my MBA and I played a ton of basketball with him. He's got a very big personality that will relate well to recruits.

"Local" School: Utah = SLC is 2.5 hours away from Pocatello, Idaho and is the nearest Pac12 school for him. Similar to Patterson, Wittingham is a tremendous coach and has a lot to offer in terms of winning and player development ... there's a lot he can point to in the NFL as well. However, with the path that UW and USC are on in the P12 right now combined with what I expect will be a challenging season for Utah, of the 8 teams on the list, Utah's got the most unlikely path to be playing in big time games over his career.

P12 front runners: UW & USC = UW was in College Football playoffs last year and USC ended in the Top 5 as well. Both are projected to be elite again in 2018 and likely going forward.

I would expect the likely top 5 (in no order) will be UW, USC, Michigan, Ohio St, and either TCU/Utah. Of the Big 10 schools, Wisconsin is a step below. While Pedo St is getting a lot of hype right now nationally, they will be hard pressed to deliver this Fall IMO and in particular their defense has the potential to look really bad. I'm not sure which one of TCU/Utah will get into the Final 5 ... I would tend to think it would be Utah. It would help our case tremendously if TCU was in the Final 5 because I think it would be a very positive sign as to what he's ultimately looking for in a program. Given USC's DL class last year, he'd definitely be walking into some depth there and I suspect that at least some of the schools recruiting him will put that in his ear.

In an ideal world, his Final 3 come down to UW, Michigan, and Ohio St. to ensure that we're the only West Coast option left standing ... as well as hoping that Pete's influence in Idaho with his Boise results coupled with the work that he puts in on selling the parents (particularly Moms) tilting in our favor. That being said, Malloe's going to have to really up his game here as he's going to be going against some of the most elite recruiters/programs in the nation on this one. To land him will require a team effort that leverages all of our available elite recruiters.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

My take on the list:

Big 10 Schools: Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Pedo St = these teams are likely to be in the conference/national championship picture (because the balance of the world hasn't caught onto the fact that the Big 10 hasn't been relevant on the national scale for years because generally speaking they aren't athletic enough) ... however, for an interior DL the Big 10 gives the opportunity to stand out playing smash mouth football

Warm Weather Option with high end HC: TCU = despite what many here may think that have never been around TCU and like to give me shit, there's actually more to the school that makes it attractive and since moving into the Big 12 it's taking hold as their recruiting base continues to expand. Patterson is widely regarded as an elite defensive coach, their defensive results tend to speak for themselves, and despite a down year last year, their defensive numbers by and large were still very reasonable by Big 12 standards. TCU's DL coach is Zarnell Fitch who was a DL when I was getting my MBA and I played a ton of basketball with him. He's got a very big personality that will relate well to recruits.

"Local" School: Utah = SLC is 2.5 hours away from Pocatello, Idaho and is the nearest Pac12 school for him. Similar to Patterson, Wittingham is a tremendous coach and has a lot to offer in terms of winning and player development ... there's a lot he can point to in the NFL as well. However, with the path that UW and USC are on in the P12 right now combined with what I expect will be a challenging season for Utah, of the 8 teams on the list, Utah's got the most unlikely path to be playing in big time games over his career.

P12 front runners: UW & USC = UW was in College Football playoffs last year and USC ended in the Top 5 as well. Both are projected to be elite again in 2018 and likely going forward.

I would expect the likely top 5 (in no order) will be UW, USC, Michigan, Ohio St, and either TCU/Utah. Of the Big 10 schools, Wisconsin is a step below. While Pedo St is getting a lot of hype right now nationally, they will be hard pressed to deliver this Fall IMO and in particular their defense has the potential to look really bad. I'm not sure which one of TCU/Utah will get into the Final 5 ... I would tend to think it would be Utah. It would help our case tremendously if TCU was in the Final 5 because I think it would be a very positive sign as to what he's ultimately looking for in a program. Given USC's DL class last year, he'd definitely be walking into some depth there and I suspect that at least some of the schools recruiting him will put that in his ear.

In an ideal world, his Final 3 come down to UW, Michigan, and Ohio St. to ensure that we're the only West Coast option left standing ... as well as hoping that Pete's influence in Idaho with his Boise results coupled with the work that he puts in on selling the parents (particularly Moms) tilting in our favor. That being said, Malloe's going to have to really up his game here as he's going to be going against some of the most elite recruiters/programs in the nation on this one. To land him will require a team effort that leverages all of our available elite recruiters.
    My take on the list:

Schools he is never going to: TCU, both UWs, PSU, Utah.

If he wanted to leave: Michigan/OSU

Where he is going: USC
    I think we have a shot, but pretty much this
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What's with Polys in Idaho anyway?

Kyler Manu reprazent!!¡1
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Kyler Manu reprazent!!¡1

Same high school actually. Too bad Kyler Manu sucks ass.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

My take on the list:

Fuck this guy. But secondly, you gigantic doofus, recruits do not sit down at their kitchen tables and make 12-dimensional flow charts about which schools will play more 'important' games during their career. He's going to USC.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Kyler Manu reprazent!!¡1

Mormons love their Polys.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tommy Trojan

Book it
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Roof just crystal balled Togiai to USC. When the queen doog of the CB's says he gone, he gone.

All aboard the Tuli train!

Sounds like Roof just read Fremont's hot take.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    USC USC USC USC USC USC
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He put USC on top you fuckers. He gone
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tequilla said:

My take on the list:

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

it's hard

Yes, craves it.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Togiai just got his first Crystal Ball to UW from Demetric Warren (who isn't that good at it really).
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Togiai just got his first Crystal Ball to UW from Demetric Warren (who isn't that good at it really).

W.T.F.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Covfefe cups getting the job done