Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

IF there is a positive to USC having a monster DL class this year it could be that it blocks PT for some of the 2018 kids looking to get into the rotation relatively early.

There's a very good argument for playing time that can be provided to elite 2018 kids when you look at our depth chart.

Literally the same though I had.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Fuck that. I have Ikaika on my watch list. He needs to delivery 2 DT by next FEB
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    NEsnake12 said:

While it's tough to be optimistic after the Marlon debacle, I don't think he ends up at USC. With the DL class they're building this year (and they're probably getting Jay Tufele too) the depth chart will be a bitch to crack. Meanwhile he could compete for a starting job as a true freshman if he goes to Oregon or UW. Early playing time NEEDS to be Malloe's #1 pitch to this kid.
    Disagree.

It's part of the pitch but not the make or break part of the pitch.

You make the pitch all encompassing and have it come from a position of strength versus position of weakness ...

1) Program success and trajectory --> particularly if we win the PAC next year and get a CFP berth ahead of USC ... impossible for USC or anybody else in the conference to argue against us here

2) Success of defense at college level, getting drafted, and NFL --> message being if you come here, put in your work, you will develop to an elite player that will be recognized

3) Pete and Kwiatkowski aren't going anywhere ... you have stability within the program that what you sign up for is what you're going to get

4) Built for Life OKG >>> Faith Family Football ... win Mom on this and to the extent that academics are important to the family tout the 3.0 board and team GPA ... it's very impressive

5) Playing time ... it isn't guaranteed but there is an opportunity to come in and compete ... point out the examples on our defense where young players have come in and earned the right to play
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    USC has made UW their bitch in recruiting. Malloe needs to close on this one.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

IDK about that. Offering a kids brother a job plus promising to get him a canadian citizenship is beyond recruiting.
  • Options

hardhat said:

IDK about that. Offering a kids brother a job plus promising to get him a canadian citizenship is beyond recruiting.
    we are not going to ever out recruit USC. Oregon and Stanford never did overall either during their run. It's the way it is. You can win a prospect here and there but 9/10 times USC is going to get the kid if they go hard after him vs UW.
    I am not disagree with you on that fact, but the way this one went down was definitely an outlier.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Guaranteeing early playing time is such a Sark/Nansen thing to do.

It's stupid. 99% of these kids already have an inflated view of themselves, as they should.

You tell the kid to come in and work hard so he can play right away.

"Hey Teen Boi, if you're the best player, you will start. We don't care about age."

It's not a lie because if they are that incredible they will play.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

we are not going to ever out recruit USC. Oregon and Stanford never did overall either during their run. It's the way it is. You can win a prospect here and there but 9/10 times USC is going to get the kid if they go hard after him vs UW.
    I am not disagree with you on that fact, but the way this one went down was definitely an outlier.
    yeah that was really weird. nuff said about that.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Just land rangy kids that run sideline to sideline, with violent hands and a YUGE fucking motor. Then let Socha work his magic.

Tommy Togiai is a beast!
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

hardhat said:

Agree, but I thought the motto here was 'WINNERS WIN'
  • Options
    hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Agree, but I thought the motto here was 'WINNERS WIN'
    I don't think "Winners Win" apply here, more like "$$$ Talks"
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

IF there is a positive to USC having a monster DL class this year it could be that it blocks PT for some of the 2018 kids looking to get into the rotation relatively early.

There's a very good argument for playing time that can be provided to elite 2018 kids when you look at our depth chart.

Doogitup.jeff
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:

No thats actually just good recruiting.