Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Start of the 4th QTR

13»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    We couldn't run the ball against Alabama except when they were in prevent ... we did switch to the run against Colorado effectively

I'm not advocating for Smith to be retained ... but I do think he will be OC in 2017

I do think that depending how recruiting plays out to signing day that the seat for Chris Strausser should be RED HOT
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

That 3rd down and Browning's pick 6 were the two most important plays of the game.

It happened right in front of me and I caught a photo of it as it developed.
    Was so mad we gave up that first down.

Victor and Mathis stop that play... so how far off of elite is this team, starting a true lightly recruited frosh on the line. Fozzy and AVT start day one
    Watched it a few times. No doubt in my mind if Victor is playing he makes the play. Bama punts from their endzone.

Tequilla said:

We couldn't run the ball against Alabama except when they were in prevent ... we did switch to the run against Colorado effectively

I'm not advocating for Smith to be retained ... but I do think he will be OC in 2017

I do think that depending how recruiting plays out to signing day that the seat for Chris Strausser should be RED HOT

Yea I hate the significant improvement in our offensive line over the past couple of years.
    Missing the point by a mile
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Yea I hate the significant improvement in our offensive line over the past couple of years.
    Do you agree or disagree our line has improved since Petersen first got here?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I believe I've said numerous times that Strausser is a good coach as our players get better ...

But this isn't about Strausser the coach ... IF we strike out on high level OL in this class the question has to be asked why we are missing on so many ...

And before somebody throws out Henry B ... he is a very good OL prospect that we need to be looking at getting at least 3 of that caliber in EVERY OL class if we want to compete at a national level ...

We learned yesterday that our OL isn't good enough at this level ... what are we going to do about it going forward?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I believe I've said numerous times that Strausser is a good coach as our players get better ...

But this isn't about Strausser the coach ... IF we strike out on high level OL in this class the question has to be asked why we are missing on so many ...

And before somebody throws out Henry B ... he is a very good OL prospect that we need to be looking at getting at least 3 of that caliber in EVERY OL class if we want to compete at a national level ...

We learned yesterday that our OL isn't good enough at this level ... what are we going to do about it going forward?
    Fire Babushka
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ja or nein?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,135
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So coaches recruit by position, not geographic area ?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We thought they were going to suck entering the year. They ended up good. Let's fire the coach though.

I will repeat again. 4 starters return. A bunch of young guys in the mix. Guys are developing. The OL will be fine. Not Kim in 2012 fine, but fine as in, they will be good. Don't be so FS because they were outclassed by Alabama and some first round picks.

Should we fire Bush too because his WR's couldn't get open?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We thought they were going to suck entering the year. They ended up good. Let's fire the coach though.

I will repeat again. 4 starters return. A bunch of young guys in the mix. Guys are developing. The OL will be fine. Not Kim in 2012 fine, but fine as in, they will be good. Don't be so FS because they were outclassed by Alabama and some first round picks.

Should we fire Bush too because his WR's couldn't get open?
    Maybe you thought the OL was going to suck ... I had this team 12-2 preseason so perhaps I didn't share the same view

I've gotten in fights on the pod with DDY and Pepsi on this topic defending Strausser the coach at the expense of letting it play out this year on the field and in recruiting

The Good: the OL had a great year and won the conference

The Bad: in the two games against elite DL the OL struggled mightily particularly in creating a running game

It is all about getting higher end talent at this point and coaching them up from there ... that's the elite level. What we have right now isn't at the elite level. The expectations must be raised
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    With a 12-2 season and a closer-than-the-score-indicates semi-final game before a national audience, UW greatly increased it's recruiting potential going forward, and Pete's recruiting power as a coach and leader of a rising program shot skyward. We should all have vertical dicks about that for at least a few more days.

The impact is this: More good players will want to come to UW than before, versus UW having to work twice as hard to sell the program based on promises. The evidence and proof are in place. The Conference Trophy is in the case. And UW, while not *elite* yet, looks like a perennial contender for the top spot in the Pac12 and being in the playoff conversation, especially when it goes to an 8 team format, which is inevitable.

This is where DJ had the program in the 80's and 90's, and what lead to the 3 year run of dominance from 90-92.

Needs are about to bet met like mother-fuckers as long as Pete keeps the program headed in the direction he has it going now. I hate to give Pup any props, but he's right that this year exceeded expectations, even though half of that was due to Stanford, USC and Oregon shitting the bed early on. This year we closed out road wins unlike we've seen in a decade, ended the streak, beat the living fuck out of the tree geeks, and ass-raped the cuogs for the trifecta. Ending on a sour note should not lead fans and HCH degenerates to overlook the obvious and substantial progress we saw this year. Depth precedes elitism, and the program is still building depth, but for the first time in a very long fucking time, UW is a presumptive contender in the Pac12 each year under Pete, which means way more reasons to drink and fuck every Saturday, instead of having the shitty taste of losing in my mouth, week after week.

Fuck it all. I'm going to enjoy this 12-2 season I didn't see coming.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

With a 12-2 season and a closer-than-the-score-indicates semi-final game before a national audience, UW greatly increased it's recruiting potential going forward, and Pete's recruiting power as a coach and leader of a rising program shot skyward. We should all have vertical dicks about that for at least a few more days.

The impact is this: More good players will want to come to UW than before, versus UW having to work twice as hard to sell the program based on promises. The evidence and proof are in place. The Conference Trophy is in the case. And UW, while not *elite* yet, looks like a perennial contender for the top spot in the Pac12 and being in the playoff conversation, especially when it goes to an 8 team format, which is inevitable.

This is where DJ had the program in the 80's and 90's, and what lead to the 3 year run of dominance from 90-92.

Needs are about to bet met like mother-fuckers as long as Pete keeps the program headed in the direction he has it going now. I hate to give Pup any props, but he's right that this year exceeded expectations, even though half of that was due to Stanford, USC and Oregon shitting the bed early on. This year we closed out road wins unlike we've seen in a decade, ended the streak, beat the living fuck out of the tree geeks, and ass-raped the cuogs for the trifecta. Ending on a sour note should not lead fans and HCH degenerates to overlook the obvious and substantial progress we saw this year. Depth precedes elitism, and the program is still building depth, but for the first time in a very long fucking time, UW is a presumptive contender in the Pac12 each year under Pete, which means way more reasons to drink and fuck every Saturday, instead of having the shitty taste of losing in my mouth, week after week.

Fuck it all. I'm going to enjoy this 12-2 season I didn't see coming.

Sounds like you took a walk and got some perspective.