Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Start of the 4th QTR

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

whlinder said:

That 3rd down and Browning's pick 6 were the two most important plays of the game.

It happened right in front of me and I caught a photo of it as it developed.
    Was so mad we gave up that first down.

Victor and Mathis stop that play... so how far off of elite is this team, starting a true lightly recruited frosh on the line. Fozzy and AVT start day one
    Victor and Mathis being out was the difference in containing Alabama's running game. The linebacking corp is thin, Victor and Mathis are the best on that unit by far, easily two of the best players on the team. That said, the D-Line more than held it's own and the secondary had a good game. In the end, the defense played well enough to win that game. The offense was the problem, same as it was against USC. That needs to be fixed pronto.

I'm also hoping those "UW players were soft" comments made by Alabama will be pinned in the locker room for the entire 2017 calendar year. Hopefully there will be a rematch and enough fire in their bellies to go out and, win or lose, physically fuck up Bama, end their fucking season right then and there. Okay, I feel better now.
    The UW offense WAS soft.
    Exactly. It's hard to be a tuff offense in a conference with all but two soft defenses.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

whlinder said:

That 3rd down and Browning's pick 6 were the two most important plays of the game.

Victor and Mathis stop that play... so how far off of elite is this team, starting a true lightly recruited frosh on the line. Fozzy and AVT start day one
    Victor and Mathis being out was the difference in containing Alabama's running game. The linebacking corp is thin, Victor and Mathis are the best on that unit by far, easily two of the best players on the team. That said, the D-Line more than held it's own and the secondary had a good game. In the end, the defense played well enough to win that game. The offense was the problem, same as it was against USC. That needs to be fixed pronto.

I'm also hoping those "UW players were soft" comments made by Alabama will be pinned in the locker room for the entire 2017 calendar year. Hopefully there will be a rematch and enough fire in their bellies to go out and, win or lose, physically fuck up Bama, end their fucking season right then and there. Okay, I feel better now.
    The UW offense WAS soft.
    Exactly. It's hard to be a tuff offense in a conference with all but two soft defenses.
    Wait...who has a TUFF Pac defense besides Washington?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

whlinder said:

The UW offense WAS soft.
    Wait...who has a TUFF Pac defense besides Washington?
    I'd say USC. They have some really good players on defense.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The best chance to win the game was to find a short field score ... field position had been tilted all day ...

I don't care how gassed you are defensively but you need to stop a middle run on 3rd and 9 ... particularly when you know the threat of a pass is low ...

Get a stop and you may get a punt return or whatever ... 2 first downs puts you in position to kick a FG to make a 1 score game

Go back to your shanty Boobs and stare at your signed personalized Chip Kelly in a speedo dreaming of a day when national championships are won by outscoring the opposition (which they largely aren't)

I have to say it. The new super fucking salty @Tequilla is giving me a little bit of wood.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

The UW offense WAS soft.
    Has been all season, but it took good defenses to expose it. Tons of room for improvement, starting with firing Smiff or at least taking away his QB coaching label. I honestly think what he's teaching Browning is more harmful than his shitty play calling. Does Browning look like a highly-recruited 2 year starter on a 12 win team? Seriously?
    This is a good point. If Pete won't fire the retarded monkey, can we at least hire some QB guru to come in and work with the QBs? Lindy never improved at all, Magna Carta sucks, looks to me like all of Brownsocks improvement has been film room junkie shit....get a fucking QB whisperer in here and make these guys better. Or just fire Smiff. Way easier.
    Me Luvs You Engine. Sloppy seconds?
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

The best chance to win the game was to find a short field score ... field position had been tilted all day ...

I don't care how gassed you are defensively but you need to stop a middle run on 3rd and 9 ... particularly when you know the threat of a pass is low ...

Get a stop and you may get a punt return or whatever ... 2 first downs puts you in position to kick a FG to make a 1 score game

Go back to your shanty Boobs and stare at your signed personalized Chip Kelly in a speedo dreaming of a day when national championships are won by outscoring the opposition (which they largely aren't)

I have to say it. The new super fucking salty @Tequilla is giving me a little bit of wood.
    New?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    whlinder said:

Look at this pic and the corners at the bottom. Everyone was locked in on the run. I'm still flabbergasted he made it through like he did.

And for those bashing the offensive line talent. I rarely saw someone get to Jake by over powering our lineman. They were running through holes unblocked. That's a coaching issue. And we should have thrown slants to the holes in coverage from where the linebacker rolled through.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Our OL was double teaming a lot in problem areas ... that's what we had to do to protect
    Tequilla said:

Our OL was double teaming a lot in problem areas ... that's what we had to do to protect

Which means quick decisions and quick passes, not holding the ball for 4 seconds on RPO's that go nowhere. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I fucking hate SMIFF!!!!

Tequilla said:

Which means quick decisions and quick passes, not holding the ball for 4 seconds on RPO's that go nowhere. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I fucking hate SMIFF!!!!
    So when the DBs are squatting on those underneath routes taking them away from you then what?
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So when the DBs are squatting on those underneath routes taking them away from you then what?
    Chuck it deep.
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There are multiple options in that case Tequila. Besides throwing a pick 6, the QB can tuck & run, have his RB leak out on a wheel route, throw over the top, target a Tight End for once in our OC's life, and several other options. And squatting on the short routes does not eliminate them. LBs have to react and it's way fucking easier to react and cover when the QB holds the ball for 4 seconds instead of 2. Apparently you never saw Mark Bruener, Paul Skanski, Steve Largent or Todd Christianson play. All were excellent at getting open on short routes when their QB was under massive pressure. It's called being aggressive. Jake stands still like a tree as the pocket is collapsing, then pulls the ball back and tries to weave his way through the LOS, usually resulting on no gain or a sack, against good defenses.

Your argument seems to be this: UW can't do anything but lose against a good D that covers well.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Chuck it deep.
    And when they have 2 safeties playing over the top?
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Chuck it deep.
    Again, your argument seems to be this: UW can't do anything but lose against a good D that covers well.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Chuck it deep.
    Again, your argument seems to be this: UW can't do anything but lose against a good D that covers well.
    There are limitations of what we can do given our personnel against good teams ... play calling could be better but that by itself does not fix the issues
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Chuck it deep.
    There are limitations of what we can do given our personnel against good teams ... play calling could be better but that by itself does not fix the issues
    Teq: We've had this discussion a million times. Of course it isn't JUST the play calling and players aren't interchangeable widgets that always work just like they're "designed" to work. Play calling and personnel are not mutually exclusive factors when designing an offense. We've seen Jake make excellent throws up to about 35 yards, and not a single great throw beyond that distance, even though Ross and Pettis slowed up or stopped and out-leaped a defender to make great catches on 40+ throws. The problem with our play calling, specifically, is that Smiff "holes-up" with the passing game when things are getting rough, instead of pounding the rock, and that makes our offense one-dimensional and less effective. Why aren't you asking this question: "If bama adjusted to shut down our passing game, why did we force the issue and abandon the run?" Surrendering one-half of the offense sure as hell didn't fill the need, but so goes Smiffy. As I've contended here many times, I believe he's over his head in the Pac12 and pathologically cursed as a former over-achieving OSU QB. He can't adjust enough to fix the problem and fill the needs of his team and personnel. He forces the passing game and it collapses the offense. Against GOOD defenses, of course.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Tequilla said:

...stare at your signed personalized Chip Kelly in a speedo...

That is so fucking hot it makes me wish I wasn't hetero...

Is there some kind of Tranny Transformation Training I could undergo ?