Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Start of the 4th QTR

LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
Just rewatched the 2nd half on SEC network of course...start of 4th Qtr Bama is up 17 -7 UW has the ball.

Browning pooch punts (for some reason this gay ass play always seems to work) down to the Bama 2.

Bama runs twice at their goalline & almost gets a saftey which would make it 17-9 with the ball.

Instead, on 3rd and 10 they RUN the ball for 16 yds... I think 3 plays later he pops it for a 60 yard TD game out of reach....

It's unreal how that saftey or even a stop on 3rd would have changed this game. Fuck an A

Comments

• montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    Yeah. I honestly thought we would punt and give you all great field position leading to a score. If that had happened all the momentum would have been with Washington
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    whlinder said:

That 3rd down and Browning's pick 6 were the two most important plays of the game.

It happened right in front of me and I caught a photo of it as it developed.
    Was so mad we gave up that first down.

Victor and Mathis stop that play... so how far off of elite is this team, starting a true lightly recruited frosh on the line. Fozzy and AVT start day one
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The game was over when Browning dropped back to punt.

Had to go for it there.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Getting the ball back with + field position would have given us a puncher's chance ... even a FG on the next drive increases the pucker factor ...

But that's the thing at playing at the elite level is that games are decided by a number of very small things that turn into big things
    Fuck you Boobs ... punting at midfield was ABSOLUTELY the right play
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

That was big

Nice avatar. Wanna fuck? Don't tell @dnc
    Tequilla said:

No. The defense was gassed and needed a few more minutes off the field.

You saw why.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Agree. That play flipped the field. Stop them deep in their territory and the Huskies have a legitimate chance to get back in the game.
    The best chance to win the game was to find a short field score ... field position had been tilted all day ...

I don't care how gassed you are defensively but you need to stop a middle run on 3rd and 9 ... particularly when you know the threat of a pass is low ...

Get a stop and you may get a punt return or whatever ... 2 first downs puts you in position to kick a FG to make a 1 score game

Go back to your shanty Boobs and stare at your signed personalized Chip Kelly in a speedo dreaming of a day when national championships are won by outscoring the opposition (which they largely aren't)

Tequilla said:

Agree. That play flipped the field. Stop them deep in their territory and the Huskies have a legitimate chance to get back in the game.
    The ensuing 98 yard TD drive sure proves your poont.
    Tequilla said:

The best chance to win the game was to find a short field score ... field position had been tilted all day ...

I don't care how gassed you are defensively but you need to stop a middle run on 3rd and 9 ... particularly when you know the threat of a pass is low ...

Get a stop and you may get a punt return or whatever ... 2 first downs puts you in position to kick a FG to make a 1 score game

Go back to your shanty Boobs and stare at your signed personalized Chip Kelly in a speedo dreaming of a day when national championships are won by outscoring the opposition (which they largely aren't)

Two poonts:

1. Your odds of scoring points are better when you have the ball

2. Alabama 45, Clemson 40
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The ensuing 98 yard TD drive sure proves your poont.
    And how many times did Alabama start in plus territory and not come away with points?

Exactly.

Lane Kiffin Fucking Stupid would have thrown from midfield. Backed up, he had to actually do the right thing and run the damn ball.

Thanks for helping me make the case against punting.

Tequilla said:

Two poonts:

1. Your odds of scoring points are better when you have the ball

2. Alabama 45, Clemson 40
    We aren't Clemson ... FUCK OFF
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club

whlinder said:

That 3rd down and Browning's pick 6 were the two most important plays of the game.

Victor and Mathis stop that play... so how far off of elite is this team, starting a true lightly recruited frosh on the line. Fozzy and AVT start day one
    Victor and Mathis being out was the difference in containing Alabama's running game. The linebacking corp is thin, Victor and Mathis are the best on that unit by far, easily two of the best players on the team. That said, the D-Line more than held it's own and the secondary had a good game. In the end, the defense played well enough to win that game. The offense was the problem, same as it was against USC. That needs to be fixed pronto.

I'm also hoping those "UW players were soft" comments made by Alabama will be pinned in the locker room for the entire 2017 calendar year. Hopefully there will be a rematch and enough fire in their bellies to go out and, win or lose, physically fuck up Bama, end their fucking season right then and there. Okay, I feel better now.

whlinder said:

Victor and Mathis being out was the difference in containing Alabama's running game. The linebacking corp is thin, Victor and Mathis are the best on that unit by far, easily two of the best players on the team. That said, the D-Line more than held it's own and the secondary had a good game. In the end, the defense played well enough to win that game. The offense was the problem, same as it was against USC. That needs to be fixed pronto.

I'm also hoping those "UW players were soft" comments made by Alabama will be pinned in the locker room for the entire 2017 calendar year. Hopefully there will be a rematch and enough fire in their bellies to go out and, win or lose, physically fuck up Bama, end their fucking season right then and there. Okay, I feel better now.
    The UW offense WAS soft.