Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greg Gaines: SEC is overrated

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DongJamesDongJames Member Posts: 69
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Secfans said:

doogville said:

Also, it's literally one of the worst states in the country by any metric you want to look at. But roll tide, baby!

According to whom? What are these metrics? The ones that have you paying 900 grand for a 1400sq ft 3/2 rancher built in 1978? The one where you have a super long commute and pay super high property taxes? The one where you have snow half the year?

I lived in NYC last year for work for a number of months. I was with my family in about a 7 million dollar condo rent free. I couldn't wait to get back to Alabama. And I wasn't even paying the taxes.

People are different. People like different things. I wouldn't live in the state of Washington if you paid me. But then again, I also realize that things I like aren't for everyone.

It's happening again. Every new poster eventually starts sounding like a whiny fag.

The breakthrough happens when they stop taking literally anything seriously and just fuck around with wittiness and sarcasm for no point other than surrendering to debauchery.
    We define words differently. It's not debauchery for me until there's a drink in my hand and a round assed woman on my lap.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alcohol and a shapely butted woman - this isn't a dating site

Can we get back to Bama fans hoping low friction anal lube will make the plunger go in smoother
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Are you fags seriously arguing over a racism chart?

DongJames said:

a. I'm sure they designed the study to look for the '-er' version of the word that black people do not use.

b. That said, analyzing it this way over represents overt racism (people who would have that word as daily vocabulary) and completely ignores more civil people with equally racist attitudes. Both are racists, but one is 100% invisible to this study.

I think there's a sampling bias at work, and broad Internet search trends are not a reliable proxy for regional racism.

c. To believe that map, I'd have to accept that racism was basically gone west of the Mississippi. Racism is alive and well, even in lefty green Seattle. Seattle people treat racism like it's fucking polio and they found the vaccine.

Secfans said:

Passion said:
    Please tell me this is a joke. Like you're messing with me.

"Area racism was the proportion of Google searches containing the “N-word” in 196 designated market areas (DMAs)"

Do you know who uses the N word the most? Black people. Do you know where the population density of black people is the highest? The south.

But nice to know based on this "scientific" study that the south is infinitely less racist than the northeast.

Be honest, you've never been to the south (Atlanta doesn't count).

Fuck off.

Because football board ...