Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Episode #26: Peach Bowl Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

And it is keeping the pass attempts to 20 or less even if the run game is struggling. Unless Bama unleashes an offensive attack on the scoreboard I am going to stick with a punt being better than a Browning pass attempt in most cases.

Given the
    Tequilla said:

Looks like Babushka may be listening to the pod (in the 9:00+ minute mark) in talking about importance of getting 1st downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIbKJIQs8Y4

I can
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

No worries guys. When Gaskin and Coleman get shut down, Jake Browning will win the game single-handedly.

I know it is hard for a Coug to understand what the importance of the running game is ... but to win the game UW doesn't need the running game to be 35 carries for 200 yards (not that that wouldn't be nice) ... it needs to be strong enough to get positive gains to keep Alabama off balance, create 3rd and short/medium situations, and shorten the game.

As I've said a few times, if UW can end the game in the 35 carries for 125-135 yard range, I will really like my chances at UW coming out with a victory.
    I know it's hard for the King of the Doogs to understand, but Johnathan Fucking Smith is your play caller and you WILL be throwing the ball 30-40 times in the game.

First you'll throw a lot due to stupidity.

Next you'll throw out of necessity.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Make Hurt beat us by passing. SEC quarterbacks suck (cue people bringing up Peyton Manning from 20 years ago).
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We will need to throw the ball well to be successful ... but how we throw and what we try to do will go a long way to determining ultimate success.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,577
    Standard Supporter
    DDY, harsh analysis of Benning. Ouch
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

What?!?! I love Benning? What did I say? #iwasdrunk
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,577
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Haha, you ripped him to shreds.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @Tequilla @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @Dennis_DeYoung listening to your poad while confined in an airplane flying cross country.

2015 USC game - gaskin's best game. Ran to the left all game with gaskin hiding behind the OL. Best run hope. Agree on the double tight. That's my Doogest hope.

Point 2 - browning's wrist or shoulder was hurt and is better. My admittedly uniformed thesis. Bama is prone to big plays if Jake gets anytime.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    How many of you fuckers will listen while flying out to Atlanta?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Haha, you ripped him to shreds.
    No way!!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Benning flashes ... but he's not as consistent as you'd like him to be.

IF Benning somehow has had the light go on and it clicks for him in the lead up practices for this game, then that would be HUGE for us.

Cam Robinson is an absolute stud at LT. The rest of their OL, particularly their interior, isn't going to be tied to highly drafted studs. So much of what they do in the run game starts with the fact that they re-establish the LOS 2-3 yards down the field. We need to be able to stand/cut their OL down so that we can rally to the football and not be pushed down the field in the process.

If Benning can give some quality snaps on the edge, then that would be a GREAT sign.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    Congratulations @Dennis_DeYoung for winning the final Haiku of the year... possibly ever since I envision some ritualistic mass suicide on this board in about 8 hours