Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some updates on the board

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    you get a lot of assholes hiding behind their anonymity, acting like tough guys in this environment, because this is the only type of place they can try to get away with it so as to compensate for their awful lives and low self esteem.
    (raises hand)

And hassling Derek is kinda fun. He usually takes it pretty well.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016

HuskyJW said:

Derek,

I am sorry the packages fell through and was a waste of your time. With the internet today and all the different travel sites, I can create my own package in less than two minutes, so people nowadays know a ripoff when they see one. Unless you are Race's age and hate money you should never buy one of these tour packages...ever.

This place is phenomenal and the outlet you provide here is nothing short of fantastic. Let's keep the fundraising drive going (easy for me to say I'm not running this site). If companies don't want to be associated with HH because we tell people to "drink bleach"...well, they can drink gasoline and light a match.

I've learned a lot about Husky football being on here...I've come a long ways as a fan and I have met some great people.

And I agree with 2001400ex....people need to start being called out.

I put my package together the Sunday of the announcement. The package was a bargain compared to the first class trip I've planned. At my age you go in luxury or you don't go
    Yes, disinternment is expensive.

(I do agree with the spirit and intent of your poast. . ..
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm so sorry Derek that some longtime posters are harassing you and taking advantage of what are pretty lax rules. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your site, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to send those jackasses to the gulag. You don't need that additional stress in your life.

RE: books, while I think a third addition of the Don James book would be great, I think it would be wise (as @2001400ex mentioned) to start looking to more recent history for any future books. Remember, the demographics of the Husky fan base is changing fast, and many of your readers are more likely to pick up a book about Petersen, the Death Row defense, etc.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

People that harass Derek who are regulars here should go fuck themselves

Huh?
    I'm hearing you really are a worthless piece of shit and need to reevaluate your existence.

Just what I'm hearing. Don't twist.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I'll buy that book
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    doogie said:

If you want to appeal to advertisers, I'd torch hondo.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749

HuskyJW said:

Derek,

I am sorry the packages fell through and was a waste of your time. With the internet today and all the different travel sites, I can create my own package in less than two minutes, so people nowadays know a ripoff when they see one. Unless you are Race's age and hate money you should never buy one of these tour packages...ever.

This place is phenomenal and the outlet you provide here is nothing short of fantastic. Let's keep the fundraising drive going (easy for me to say I'm not running this site). If companies don't want to be associated with HH because we tell people to "drink bleach"...well, they can drink gasoline and light a match.

I've learned a lot about Husky football being on here...I've come a long ways as a fan and I have met some great people.

And I agree with 2001400ex....people need to start being called out.

I put my package together the Sunday of the announcement. The package was a bargain compared to the first class trip I've planned. At my age you go in a Cabulance or you don't go
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Has BTP already sent his wish list to Santa?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MisterEm said:

Pay up, or shut the fuck up.

DJ: New front page banner with click to pay....
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

I'm so sorry Derek that some longtime posters are harassing you and taking advantage of what are pretty lax rules. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your site, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to send those jackasses to the gulag. You don't need that additional stress in your life.

RE: books, while I think a third addition of the Don James book would be great, I think it would be wise (as @2001400ex mentioned) to start looking to more recent history for any future books. Remember, the demographics of the Husky fan base is changing fast, and many of your readers are more likely to pick up a book about Petersen, the Death Row defense, etc.

Well you have to keep in mind, the UW will not let me interview any players unless they are Woodinville players and I am writing for the Woodinville Weekly. As I said before, I'm in the weird position of having access to people like Ronnie Lott, but I can't interview the likes of Psalm Wooching.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

People that harass Derek who are regulars here should go fuck themselves

Huh?
    Boobs has never caused any problems behind the scenes.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Well you have to keep in mind, the UW will not let me interview any players unless they are Woodinville players and I am writing for the Woodinville Weekly. As I said before, I'm in the weird position of having access to people like Ronnie Lott, but I can't interview the likes of Psalm Wooching.
    And that's a bad thing?

Kim has access to Psalm you have Ronnie Lott. Nuff said on that.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I blame the WIAA