Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some updates on the board

13»

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,283
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What the fuck is a board?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm so sorry Derek that some longtime posters are harassing you and taking advantage of what are pretty lax rules. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your site, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to send those jackasses to the gulag. You don't need that additional stress in your life.

RE: books, while I think a third addition of the Don James book would be great, I think it would be wise (as @2001400ex mentioned) to start looking to more recent history for any future books. Remember, the demographics of the Husky fan base is changing fast, and many of your readers are more likely to pick up a book about Petersen, the Death Row defense, etc.

Well you have to keep in mind, the UW will not let me interview any players unless they are Woodinville players and I am writing for the Woodinville Weekly. As I said before, I'm in the weird position of having access to people like Ronnie Lott, but I can't interview the likes of Psalm Wooching.
    Whaaat? How could they possibly stop you and why do they want to?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What the site really needs is much more coverage of Central football. This would rachet the number of page hits well into the 10 million range.

But seriously, I think that about 30% - 50% of the page hits are from a small nucleus composed of half a dozen true OK! sociopaths and a half dozen sports nuts of the clinical variety. Personally I am not an asshole but the reality is that if you have almost no moderating then you get a lot of assholes hiding behind their anonymity, acting like tough guys in this environment, because this is the only type of place they can try to get away with it so as to compensate for their awful lives and low self esteem. that's just the way it works. The trolls will change but not the formula. Is there a spot on sports sites like this where you can hit a happy medium of "just enough" moderation? Probably not. So you are stuck in that spot where you get a enough hits but not enough moderation to attract respectable advertisers. It might be best to just adopt a minimum investment model, where you keep the board going but don't enhance, and don't develop more features, just use it as a platform for your book sales.

HARDCORE HUSKY
    "Compensating for awful lives and low self esteem since 2012"
    No, Derek. See, by all accounts, we should have low self esteem, loser fags that we are. Except we don't. And therein lies the secret of HCH's perpetuity: The harder we suck, the greater we are! Go dawgs, fags.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm so sorry Derek that some longtime posters are harassing you and taking advantage of what are pretty lax rules. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your site, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to send those jackasses to the gulag. You don't need that additional stress in your life.

RE: books, while I think a third addition of the Don James book would be great, I think it would be wise (as @2001400ex mentioned) to start looking to more recent history for any future books. Remember, the demographics of the Husky fan base is changing fast, and many of your readers are more likely to pick up a book about Petersen, the Death Row defense, etc.

Well you have to keep in mind, the UW will not let me interview any players unless they are Woodinville players and I am writing for the Woodinville Weekly. As I said before, I'm in the weird position of having access to people like Ronnie Lott, but I can't interview the likes of Psalm Wooching.
    Maybe a move to Friday Harbor is in order.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Maybe a move to Friday Harbor is in order.
    It might do wonders for our content.