Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Foster Sarell to UW: Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No clue. Coker is the best forecaster though and he says no, so that's what seems likely.

The doog in me is too excited about him sliding in at LG next year to completely lose hope.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes. He's Asian.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    animate said:

Tequilla said:

animate said:

you dingleberries ... Sarell (and his family, specifically his mom) haven't even started/finished their OV at UW.

The only thing we can probably comfortably say (reading the tea leaves and doing some observation/psychology) is this:

- Sarell was mostly likely gone 4-5 months ago.
    - his internet net presence was all Stanford
    - recent UW success under Petersen and a rough patch with Stanford helped open his mind back to UW
    - Stanford has recovered to a good season
    - anything can happen (usually good things when a recruit and family get an OV to UW with Petersen)

for example: see Elijah Molden. He was pretty much Stanford until he got an OV with UW and that did it.

We can only hope the same thing happens with Sarell. But wherever he goes good luck to him.

This is the most optimistic realistic view that I see ...

If pressed, I'd say our odds of getting Fozzy are about the same as UW beating Bama ...
    we can only hope that there are big enough questions about Stanford to make him and his mom hesitate enough. Shaw NFL questions and continuity questions over the O-line etc ...

Otherwise Stanford has too much going at the moment for them:

- Sarell has made fast friends with Stanford recruits the last year, that actually means alot. Has Sarell made any friends with UW recruits? I haven't heard any talk about it at all. Bad sign.
    - if he goes Stanford he'll be blocking for potentially Mills, Parkinson and others. That's a pretty compelling group of recruits. The TBS'er in me is showing ...

I think it's clear that the ceiling is much higher with Petersen than Shaw at the moment, UW is trending and it's rolling forward, ain't gonna stop. Is it enough to overcome probable ingrained thinking and bias towards Stanford? I hope so.
    Disagree. In or Out?
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gone, per my buddy at work whos friends kid says so.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm going on a limb of hope and saying yes.

At this point, if Chris Petersen walks through your door and offers you a scholarship to UW and you say no... then you might as well buy cable. Elijah Molden bought Direct TV, and he's a smarter kid because of it.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Baseman said:

animate said:

Tequilla said:

animate said:

you dingleberries ... Sarell (and his family, specifically his mom) haven't even started/finished their OV at UW.

The only thing we can probably comfortably say (reading the tea leaves and doing some observation/psychology) is this:

- recent UW success under Petersen and a rough patch with Stanford helped open his mind back to UW
    - anything can happen (usually good things when a recruit and family get an OV to UW with Petersen)

for example: see Elijah Molden. He was pretty much Stanford until he got an OV with UW and that did it.

We can only hope the same thing happens with Sarell. But wherever he goes good luck to him.

If pressed, I'd say our odds of getting Fozzy are about the same as UW beating Bama ...
    we can only hope that there are big enough questions about Stanford to make him and his mom hesitate enough. Shaw NFL questions and continuity questions over the O-line etc ...

- Sarell has made fast friends with Stanford recruits the last year, that actually means alot. Has Sarell made any friends with UW recruits? I haven't heard any talk about it at all. Bad sign.
    - if he goes Stanford he'll be blocking for potentially Mills, Parkinson and others. That's a pretty compelling group of recruits. The TBS'er in me is showing ...

I think it's clear that the ceiling is much higher with Petersen than Shaw at the moment, UW is trending and it's rolling forward, ain't gonna stop. Is it enough to overcome probable ingrained thinking and bias towards Stanford? I hope so.
    Disagree. In or Out?
    Right now. More out. After visit. Who knows?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

Tequilla said:

animate said:

Disagree. In or Out?
    Right now. More out. After visit. Who knows?
    Either way, it's interesting?
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    It sounds like UW doesn't get him, but I am just astounded that UW couldn't pull him in after the year UW has had with some of the home grown guys. I am not sure what else UW could have done, but it's a massive fail. Not signing these types of players is the difference between winning National Championships and conference championships in my opinion. It used to be because UW wasn't winning...now what?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    tvoie said:

It sounds like UW doesn't get him, but I am just astounded that UW couldn't pull him in after the year UW has had with some of the home grown guys. I am not sure what else UW could have done, but it's a massive fail. Not signing these types of players is the difference between winning National Championships and conference championships in my opinion. It used to be because UW wasn't winning...now what?

Relationships with these kids are built over years.
    Stanford has been successful for years now. UW
    mostly just this year. Our bump will come in 2018
    recruiting. Expect a blockbuster class that will greatly
    ease the sting if FS goes to Stanford.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    animate said:

Wow.

Nebraska classy and on this bored.

Who the fuck would have known?

NOW LEAVE
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Yes or no, either way it will be interesting. :wink:
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wedington and fozzy to the tree. Cook it.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Close but no cigar.

The Foster's of the world grew up when UW football was average at best. Unless they bleed purple, or were going to UW since the day of conception it will take a few winning seasons to change their mind. This year and 2017 will start to pay recruiting dividends in 2018.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    whuggy said:

tvoie said:

Relationships with these kids are built over years.
    Stanford has been successful for years now. UW
    mostly just this year. Our bump will come in 2018
    recruiting. Expect a blockbuster class that will greatly
    ease the sting if FS goes to Stanford.
    2017 is a blockbuster class. Ahmed, Bryant, Jones and Marlon are every bit as talented as Sarrell. Ahmed for Heisman 2020.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072