Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A wild Plan B offensive lineman appeared!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

According to Scout, San Pedro 3-star OL Nick Ford has been hearing from UW.

He's skinny right now but 6'6" and athletic as fuck (not a lunch pail kid).

Offers are about on the same level as Orlando Umamu. Supposedly a Cal legacy guy but Ektard thinks he would commit to UW if offered.

Dennis pointed him out to me a few weeks back, he looks incredible.
    I dont know how you pedos do it. I dont want to call you all doogs for thinking that every recruit is fucking amazing now but how do you guys sift through all this and actually make honest assessments? Its your wheelhouse and all, but I dont get it.

Sure he is 6'6" and 275 lbs and still looks skinny and could probably put on another 30 lbs of muscle and likes to maul guys after the play is past him but thats about it.

He has extremely limited athleticism. Slow feet, limited explosiveness, narrow stance, lacks awareness when moving into the second level, almost no punch from his upper body, doesnt bend that well, and plays about as slow as @Dennis_DeYoung's solar powered motorized wheelchair on a cloudy day headed up 45th leaving U village after 5 drinks and two racks of ribs at the Ram.
    Limited athleticism that led him to run 11.2 last year. Great point.

And also: I go to Joey, not the Ram. I'm O, R & W.
    A lineman that runs a 11.2 SIGN THIS DUDE UP... Guarantee he will end up being better than Fozzy if he obviously can improve technically and somewhat physically.. What an absolute freak of nature..
    This is some barry bolton cuogfan bullshit. Take it where it belongs.
    Nick Ford's a real steakeater.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The original plan B, Orlando Umana, just committed to Utah on his OV there.

Me thinks a Nick Ford offer is imminent, or at least it better fucking be.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2016
    Umana was more of a guard prospect. I think ford may be happening regardless although I think tsio podcast hinted that may not be the case if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Is Wattenburg a guard or tackle?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Guard I believe.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    KobeStan said:

Does it really matter? It's not like these positions are set in stone. We've seen guys rotate all over, trying to find just the 5 best OL rather than the 2 best tackles, the 2 best guards, and the best Center.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

KobeStan said:

Does it really matter? It's not like these positions are set in stone. We've seen guys rotate all over, trying to find just the 5 best OL rather than the 2 best tackles, the 2 best guards, and the best Center.
    To a point. You should be slotting body types into a tackle position though. Short powerful guys can get taken advantage of by an athlete on the edge. Wattenburg could end up at either though it is unlikely he would begin at tackle.