Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A wild Plan B offensive lineman appeared!!

According to Scout, San Pedro 3-star OL Nick Ford has been hearing from UW.

He's skinny right now but 6'6" and athletic as fuck (not a lunch pail kid).

Offers are about on the same level as Orlando Umamu. Supposedly a Cal legacy guy but Ektard thinks he would commit to UW if offered.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I did some more reading. Dad was a WR at Cal in the 80s. Kid was a linebacker when he started but went from 6'1 to 6'6" so he moved to O and D line. Needs to add some weight but I'd definitely take him if we have room.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Moving on from fozzy
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just offer this guy. If we get the foz later force a dumbass off the team. Need to develop a tackle for 2018 though after Adams leaves. Hopefully that guy is already on the roster, but better have multiple options.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My fourth favorite OL I've seen this year.

1-AVT
    2-Fozzy
    3-Wyatt
    4-Nick Ford

I fucking love him. DDY 3.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Offers are about on the same level as Orlando Umamu. Supposedly a Cal legacy guy but Ektard thinks he would commit to UW if offered.

Dennis pointed him out to me a few weeks back, he looks incredible.
    I dont know how you pedos do it. I dont want to call you all doogs for thinking that every recruit is fucking amazing now but how do you guys sift through all this and actually make honest assessments? Its your wheelhouse and all, but I dont get it.

Sure he is 6'6" and 275 lbs and still looks skinny and could probably put on another 30 lbs of muscle and likes to maul guys after the play is past him but thats about it.

He has extremely limited athleticism. Slow feet, limited explosiveness, narrow stance, lacks awareness when moving into the second level, almost no punch from his upper body, doesnt bend that well, and plays about as slow as @Dennis_DeYoung's solar powered motorized wheelchair on a cloudy day headed up 45th leaving U village after 5 drinks and two racks of ribs at the Ram.
    Limited athleticism that led him to run 11.2 last year. Great point.

And also: I go to Joey, not the Ram. I'm O, R & W.
    A lineman that runs a 11.2 SIGN THIS DUDE UP... Guarantee he will end up being better than Fozzy if he obviously can improve technically and somewhat physically.. What an absolute freak of nature..
  • Options
    Can we offer him already? Fuck Fozz i want Ford.
  • Options
    I bet @Houhusky is watching some white mormon LT out of Idaho with the name Nick Ford not THE NICK FORD.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Houhusky said:

I dont know how you pedos do it. I dont want to call you all doogs for thinking that every recruit is fucking amazing now but how do you guys sift through all this and actually make honest assessments? Its your wheelhouse and all, but I dont get it.

Sure he is 6'6" and 275 lbs and still looks skinny and could probably put on another 30 lbs of muscle and likes to maul guys after the play is past him but thats about it.

He has extremely limited athleticism. Slow feet, limited explosiveness, narrow stance, lacks awareness when moving into the second level, almost no punch from his upper body, doesnt bend that well, and plays about as slow as @Dennis_DeYoung's solar powered motorized wheelchair on a cloudy day headed up 45th leaving U village after 5 drinks and two racks of ribs at the Ram.
    I feel like we are watching someone completely different, I disagree with almost everything you said about Ford. He moves better than almost any HS OL I have seen, AVT is about the same level of athleticism as him.

And I have no idea what you are talking about saying that we say "every recruit is fucking amazing", because we don't. I will always give my honest assessment of recruits, I like doing it. I know some don't care for recruiting and that is fine, so whatever, it's fun for me to do this.
    Truth. They hated several guys playing really well this season.
    YOU ONLY POINT OUT THE TIMES WE ARE WRONG!!!1!!
    We're wrong???
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

Houhusky said:

1/3 of his highlight video is him coming and laying big blindside hits on a tiny defender chasing the QB or him mauling some other tiny players after the play is already over for him.

Only 2 highlights of him working alone on the edge during an off tackle run play.

Not once him pulling on a block, double teaming a block and then moving to the second level, or blocking one on one during a QB roll-out to his side.

No highlight of him working in space on a RB toss or WR screen.

One highlight of him wandering around down field during a RB screen.

On the majority of his pass plays highlights the RB or TE is used as help to shade the edge rusher back inside.

I get it, you guys do this 1000 times a day, I'm just saying what I see with my eyes that are as good as @GrandpaSankey's but his video doesnt look any better than Bainvindaloo's sophmore highlights or even Nick Harris' video (who you called a lump of emoji poo, right?).

Maybe he is actually athletic, if so, his video sucks at showing it.

Also, hudl says he ran a 11.9... but still...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

1/3 of his highlight video is him coming and laying big blindside hits on a tiny defender chasing the QB or him mauling some other tiny players after the play is already over for him.

Only 2 highlights of him working alone on the edge during an off tackle run play.

Not once him pulling on a block, double teaming a block and then moving to the second level, or blocking one on one during a QB roll-out to his side.

No highlight of him working in space on a RB toss or WR screen.

One highlight of him wandering around down field during a RB screen.

On the majority of his pass plays highlights the RB or TE is used as help to shade the edge rusher back inside.

I get it, you guys do this 1000 times a day, I'm just saying what I see with my eyes that are as good as @GrandpaSankey's but his video doesnt look any better than Bainvindaloo's sophmore highlights or even Nick Harris' video (who you called a lump of emoji poo, right?).

Maybe he is actually athletic, if so, his video sucks at showing it.

Also, hudl says he ran a 11.9... but still...
    Were you watching his Jr. Season highlights? I just watched his Jr. Season highlights and your comments match that tape, I linked his Sr. Season highlights above.